Unpopular Disney Opinions

Goofyernmost

Does it make a difference with the "dumbo duplicates in the SAME park though?

Dumbo
Aladdin
Orbiter...

Okay now that I'm actually thinking about it, Astro Orbiter is pretty awesome and can be an exception...

But Aladdin's version.. What about that one?
A spinner in Disney is nothing more then a themed carnival ride for the kids. Dumbo is considered a classic and its duplicate is really just an extension of the same ride. Like the attractions that have two theaters with the same thing playing in them. (i.e. Stitch, Soarin and so on.) Aladdin was put there to help take some of the pressure off Dumbo. The Orbiter is a whole different animal based on its distant proximity to the ground. Consider it a thrill ride for adrenaline junky toddlers and, of course, some arrested development grown ups. Just kidding on the last part. :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I dont get the hoopla over churros .... you can get the at any fair or carnival. Plus they're just greasy and kinda gross
image.jpg
That's unfortunate.

Kuzcotopia

I'm excited to see the Frozen Hoopla this summer.

A vacation with family every few years is worth the price, but an annual pass for a grown adult without kids is the stupidest choice you can make with your time and your money.

I never want to ride Pirates of the Carribean again.

I get the disney blues a few weeks BEFORE the trip, and I usually come back relieved that it's over (doesn't mean I don't still love it).

Okay, I'm going to stick my neck out.
Avatarland will be a complete and utter failure. Honestly, I thought it was a joke. If the movie didn't rate a sequel, how did it ever get its' own section of a Disney theme park?
I agree, staying at a Disney hotel should only be considered by people either without a vehicle, don't want to rent a vehicle, or just don't want to drive. Used to stay concierge at the WDW hotels until the DVC took over. I now stay at a very nice, reputable hotel, in a 900+ sq. ft. suite (an actual suite with separate bedrooms), that's about 1 1/2 miles from Downtown Disney for a price in the low $100's--and no resort fee, parking fee, or wifi fee. Also, ever tried to cancel a Disney hotel/motel reservation? Can't do it online; must be done on the phone. Good luck with getting through.
I'm also sick and tired of all the rude South American's (I'm trying to generalize, but you all know which country) that allow their children to do whatever they want--be it crawling under the tables at Jiko's, jumping in puddles next to your outside table and splashing you, etc...you get the drift.
I'm tired of being behind people in line at a cash register while they argue with the cashier about what they can or cannot buy with the Disney Dining Plan. If the only way one can afford WDW is by using the dining plan, figure it out ahead of time! I'm tired of being asked if I'm using the plan every time I eat at a sit-down restaurant. The waiter's relief is short-lived until I tell them I'm using a Tables in Wonderland card. I'm also upset they're reducing its' use at many restaurants as well. Additionally, why does one have to be 21 to buy it? Why can't my 18 year old child with an annual pass get one?
Now for the quickies:
I hate the new Test Track. Went on it once and will never do so again.
EPCOT is my favorite park--especially during the Food and Wine Festival.
Hate the new Chase lounge during the festival. No first come first serve on seating for the concerts any more. Now they try to keep one guessing as to when they're going to pass them out. It's so big and plush that people just want to go there for hours and hang out and if it's reached capacity, no entrance for you!
Would go to the water parks more frequently if it weren't for all the up and down steps. Why are the designers trying to make it harder for people to enjoy these parks?
You'd think that with all this, I'd hate going to WDW, however, I do enjoy it when I do--on weekdays during the fall (and/or January and February), when the temperatures are lower and the kids are in school.
You may now start loading your slingshots.

DfromATX

This is by far the best thread I've ever seen posted in the forums.

And I'm also quite shocked about how there's not that many people jumping on each other with their "unpopular choices" knowing the reputation here. o.o

Well, I'm quite shocked that some of you don't like O'hana's!! What's wrong with you people? (You mean like that?) Just kidding of course! :p

P.S. - Agreed, fun thread!

Roakor

I think Strollers should be banned from the parks. I took my daughter at age 3 and 6 with no stroller and managed just fine. If your kid absolutely has to have a stroller then they are probably too young to enjoy the park anyway.

You would have to pay me, a lot, to go to WDW during the summer with the heat and crowds. I love Disney and would go at nearly any chance I get, however during that time of the year its not a vacation its someone's twisted version of hell.

I like the COP and make sure to ride it every time I am there. It does need an update though.

I liked Mr Toad's wild ride, bring it back!

Magic Bands are great and the FP+ app is simply to use and I have never owned a smart phone. (used my girlfriend's) I think its a wonderful addition. I do hope they never raise the FP limits they have now. While I found it nice to be able to schedule 3 rides in advance I don't want to have to plan my entire trip in advance.

AK is a full day park, at least from open to park close which by MK standards could be considered a half day.

Ellen's energy adventure needs to die a horrible death. Get rid of everything but the dinosaurs and you at least have something thats not a complete waste of time.

I am looking forward to seeing Avatar land though I think they would have been better doing the beastly Kingdoms as originally planned or perhaps a Phantasia based land something more Disney Centric.

Star Wars is great, keep it in HS.

Frozen is good, but not THAT good. Its a fad nothing more.

Dumbo & the Train at MK are the only rides I have never ridden in WDW.

bethymouse

Primeval Whirl is a fun ride!
Get rid of the "playgrounds" for little ones around the parks such as "Honey I Shrink the Kids", and the Boneyard, and Casey Jr's Spalsh and Play!
Keep TSI and Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse ( classics)
Build more DVC's ( j/k):p
Keep Lights, Motor Action, and Indiana Jones shows! Keep American Idol Experience ( do not build Star Wars Land) ( actually I am just kidding here too):p
Build Carsland at DHS
Bring back the "castle cake" for WDW 50th! ( kidding again):facepalm:
We like the new Test Track!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom