Unpopular Disney Opinions

StarWarsGirl

Everyone in my family loved BOG too... I didn't realize that was an unpopular opinion?? In fact, we took a cruise this year and ate at their coveted steak house and I thought BOG was better!
A lot of people don't like the dessert options. Some also have reported sub par experiences. I've eatten there four or five times now and have always had a great experience.

WDWVolFan

- People who take their iPads to take pictures at WDW look REALLY stupid.
- People who try to cut in front of you last minute to watch a parade should get beat up by bouncers and get kicked out of the park.
- I think Magic Band is a good addition and will only make the experience better...
- WDW has its flaws and lacks investment but some people around here complain about it as if WDW was the carnival that is present tat the county fair.

mpeters

- People who take their iPads to take pictures at WDW look REALLY stupid.
- People who try to cut in front of you last minute to watch a parade should get beat up by bouncers and get kicked out of the park.
- I think Magic Band is a good addition and will only make the experience better...
- WDW has its flaws and lacks investment but some people around here complain about it as if WDW was the carnival that is present tat the county fair.

I think the OP was talking about unpopular opinions. You sir, you just may be the most on point person ever. Agree 100% of all your opinions or FACTS as I would like to call them.

BrianV

I like the hat in Disney Studios.
I like stitch ride and the laugh floor
I love BOTH Universal and Disney World
I hate ADRs that have a deposit
I like Captain EO
I really liked Magic Journeys
I hated Body Wars
I'm scared of Mission Space and haven't ridden it yet.
I miss the Crystal Palace of 35 years ago
I miss the King Stephan's Banquet Hall
There is nothing in disney world that I would wait more than 30 minutes to see ever
I am really really sick of character meals

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I LOVE the little mermaid and 7 dwarves rides.

My favorite attractions from all four parks being..

MK: Country Bear Jamboree
EPCOT: Ellen's Energy Adventure
HS: Indiana Jones
AK: Flights of Wonder

My favorite place to eat is Sonny Eclipse and the Electric Umbrella. (family traditions)

I also agree that Stitch's Great Escape isn't that bad. It just had some bad luck with the attraction it tried to replace.

Captain EO is a very entertaining film in my opinion.

Cranium Command was my favorite AA show.

Body Wars was better than Star Tours (I hate star wars.)

I liked the hand over Spaceship Earth.

Fantasmic is my favorite night-time show.

I hate Peter Pan's flight with a passion. It's dusty, outdated, very short, and alway over-crowded.

I prefer Buzz Lightyear's SRS over Toy Story Mania

TTA is the best ride in Tomorrowland.

Dinoland U.S.A. is my favorite land in AK.

Animal Kingdom isn't really that bad.

The Test Track overlay sucks.

I think Mission: Space is just a very advanced carnival ride.

I liked the Under New Management version better than the current Tiki Room.

The current tiki room is really boring. Nostalgia is wonderful, but not if it's boring.

I think Jungle Cruise is cheap, cheesy, outdated and boring.

Fastpass+ is amazing

Last edited:

Wildflower

I like having a Magic Band
Turkey legs gross me out
The harlequin guys at the start of Spectromagic are freaky, not cute (like clown-phobia freaky)
BOG is decent
Ohana is overrated
Dole whips aren't that great
AK is a better late-in-the-day park than a half-day morning one
Off Kilter bores me (and my husband's Scottish so it's not a kilts/bagpipe thing)
I like the ride in Mexico as well as Spaceship Earth

boufa

I kind of agree with you here (if I'm understanding correctly). I've priced various vacation destinations and Disney (and cruising) are more affordable than just about anything else. If you compare going to Hawaii, Europe, Asia, etc... all more expensive.

I spent about $1000 more to travel to Yellowstone last year vs this year to Disney.. both of those trips were done as cheaply as humanly possible. (Driving not flying, value motels, fast food/quick service etc).

My unpopular opinions...

- All thing being equal, I would do the Yellowstone trip again over Disney (Love them both, but there is something special to me about Yellowstone that just doesn't compare)
- I don't give 2 hoots about anything Harry Potter. Never got into the books, haven't seen the movies, won't go see the universal stuff, unless I happen to be going there for something else (which is unlikely) Disney doesn't need to "reply" or counter it.
- I like construction in the parks! Disney is an alive and vibrant place. It grows and changes... that excites me. Even with some inconvenience.
- I am looking forward to Avatarland (see previous post)
- Disney does a good job running the parks (despite what the majority of the arm chair experts on these forums think)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom