Unpopular Disney Opinions

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
- I don't give 2 hoots about anything Harry Potter. Never got into the books, haven't seen the movies, won't go see the universal stuff, unless I happen to be going there for something else (which is unlikely) Disney doesn't need to "reply" or counter it.

I hate harry potter. I think the movies were boring and I don't read books. I could care less about it.

But the forbidden journey and the new expansion really are AMAZING. I had your same opinion before I went too. I'm like "It's just an over-rated fan base station in a theme park."

Don't knock it till you try it.

FerretAfros

For the number of people it moves during peak hours and the number of direct routes it provides, I think that the WDW bus system is actually an incredibly impressive piece of transit engineering

I can't understand the popularity of the Winnie the Pooh franchise. None of the movies, TV shows, rides, or characters are especially appealing to me. I just don't get it (same for Lilo & Stitch). Even Hunny Hunt seems overrated

I think that the Main Street Electrical Parade still has a lot of charm to it (though I wouldn't mind significant upgrades), and never liked Spectromagic. I also think that World of Color is a hot mess of a show if there ever was one

boufa

I hate harry potter. I think the movies were boring and I don't read books. I could care less about it.

But the forbidden journey and the new expansion really are AMAZING. I had your same opinion before I went too. I'm like "It's just an over-rated fan base station in a theme park."

Don't knock it till you try it.

For the record I said it doesn't interest me... I am sure it is a wonderful addition to their theme parks, I just don't care about it. (different than hate). The more people who go over to universal, the fewer that are in line in front of me at WDW.

COrunner

Awesome thread, here are mine that even my family disagrees with:
-Soarin is not a good ride
-Groups larger than 20 should not be permitted or encouraged
-Disney is being run pretty well and their focus has always been youth/family and always should be
-Avatar land is going to be a failure

JIMINYCR

Turkey legs are great as a snack food
I can enjoy both AK & DHS as all day parks
I dont watch parades
New Mickey animation... Yuck, The 9 old men and Walt must be spinning in their graves
Bowling and AMC movie theater... A waste of my Disney time
I didnt watch Avatar and am not looking forward to an Avatarland
Keep the GMR scenes alone
DDP saves me money
Price I pay for a Disney trip is good value for what I get

AllyInWonderland

The music to the Electrical Parade is some of my favorite music
I despise all things related to The Little Mermaid
I like the Magic Bands (They're easier to keep up with)
I don't like Wreck-it-Ralph
I think that birthday cake castle looked cool
I despise the current Imagination ride

And last but not least....

I HATE DUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofyernmost

I like WDW and Universal equally.

I understand why Disney isn't panicking about Uni's growth. They shouldn't be anything other than watchful!

I think that when the massiveness of the place coupled with the number of absolutely classless number of self involved guests that are there day in and day out is included in the thought, they do a very good job of maintaining the place.

Along the same lines, I disagree that the parks looked better and were maintained better (intentionally) back in the day. (whenever that was)

I think that having a sit down meal in Disney is God's way of telling you that you either have to much money or do not know the value of what money you do have.

I feel that staying onsite is required to have the "full" Disney experience was an idea invented in the marketing department and is not only incorrect, but, almost shamefully dishonest. (not to mention criminally expensive)

I do not understand why people are against cloning attractions. It's not like they are across the street from one another or that MK wasn't a huge clone of DL. It has no basis of logic to deprive anyone from a quality experience just because it already exists in another Disney park. It's like saying... "My daddy can beat up your daddy". Just plain childishness.

I think I've gotten myself in enough trouble with what I have posted already, so I will stop now. :)

WondersOfLife

For the record I said it doesn't interest me... I am sure it is a wonderful addition to their theme parks, I just don't care about it. (different than hate). The more people who go over to universal, the fewer that are in line in front of me at WDW.

Yes yes I know! I'm just saying you may not have interest in it, but I do suggest checking it out when you can! You'll be surprised. :)

FettFan

Animal Kingdom is a failure both as a zoo and a theme park, so much so that it's not even a half-day park....more like a half-hour park. Get in, ride Everest, then get out.

If Disney ever wants it to NOT be a failure, they would do well to show Mr. James Cameron the door and begin a new partnership with the Audubon Nature Institute.

Seriously, if you've ever been to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans....those guys have transformed it into an all-around better show than Animal Kingdom.
go_nola_gator.jpg

Gullywhumper

What are your thoughts/opinions on Disney that the majority of people don't seem to agree with?

Mine are:
Hollywood Studios is my favorite park
Stitch isn't that bad
The hat also is not that bad
Jasmine is my favorite princess
Frozen is overrated
Morocco is my favorite country

Oops-Real-Housewives-Of-Beverly-Hills-GIF.gif

Those are just a few of my unpopular opinions. I'd love to hear yours :)

*Also, I apologize if there is a similar or identical topic, I looked for one. Don't yell at me :cry:
Why is it bad to like Morocco?

WondersOfLife

I do not understand why people are against cloning attractions. It's not like they are across the street from one another or that MK wasn't a huge clone of DL. It has no basis of logic to deprive anyone from a quality experience just because it already exists in another Disney park. It's like saying... "My daddy can beat up your daddy". Just plain childishness.

Does it make a difference with the "dumbo duplicates in the SAME park though?

Dumbo
Aladdin
Orbiter...

Okay now that I'm actually thinking about it, Astro Orbiter is pretty awesome and can be an exception...

But Aladdin's version.. What about that one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom