Unpopular Disney Opinions

TwilightZone

Maybe more so with the younger generation.
I can agree with that. I am of the younger generation and my family never got to experience what pre depp was like. I assume that the new renovation that happened in Disneyland with the removal of the davy jones waterfall is as close as I am going to get.

TwilightZone

Buzz Lightyear is extremely outdated. Toy Story Mania on the other hand is not and fits perfectly to the theme of Toy Story Land.

The Haunted Mansion is amazing, but it depends on everyone's opinion I guess :)
Buzz lightyear may be more outdated, but I think its themed better than mania, even though I do like mania more. When I ride it, it doesn't feel like I'm in Andy's room, I feel like I'm traveling throughout screens. And I know that one can theme a screen shooter ride well and better, because, believe it or not, the justice league ride at six flags is amazing and I felt like I was in the action, not going through a bunch of screens.

TwilightZone

Oh another pirates one.
I'm not too big of a fan of the scene that replaced the davy jones waterfall. Sure it's more classic pirates, and a neat effect, but the waterfall was really cool, and the replacement is just kinda underwhelming. Personally, I would have kept the waterfall, but removed Davy and just made it a normal waterfall. After that I would of had the skeleton and the octopus.

JohnyKaz2078

Buzz lightyear may be more outdated, but I think its themed better than mania, even though I do like mania more. When I ride it, it doesn't feel like I'm in Andy's room, I feel like I'm traveling throughout screens. And I know that one can theme a screen shooter ride well and better, because, believe it or not, the justice league ride at six flags is amazing and I felt like I was in the action, not going through a bunch of screens.

That's true. If only the canons in Buzz Lightyear where not part of the ride vehicle, just like DLP and DL, and could move freely. That would make Buzz Lightyear much better. The success of Midway Mania is mainly because it resembles a video game.

LUVofDIS

That's true. If only the canons in Buzz Lightyear where not part of the ride vehicle, just like DLP and DL, and could move freely. That would make Buzz Lightyear much better. The success of Midway Mania is mainly because it resembles a video game.

That is true, I love the competition TSM causes between my wife and I, she is rarely competitive but Mania brings is out of her. She doesn't care for Buzz though. I thought of Mania as a gimmick when I first rode it, but now it is one of the most memorable rides in HS for us because of the fun we have.

The only attraction that is more memorable for us in HS is the Tower, that is because we discuss different poses before we ride.

My point is as long as Disney doesn't flood the parks with the same type of ride, in this case as you call it, a screen ride, than I think it could be a classic. I feel that that is where Universal went wrong with their 4D rides, they have a half dozen of these with the same basic ride through just with different images.

JustAFan

Well said. Buzz has more visual additions. I prefer the game of Midway. But battling a 'real life' Zurg is cool.

I also love the justice league ride at 6 flags, again more interactive than just shooting at a screen.

JohnyKaz2078

That is true, I love the competition TSM causes between my wife and I, she is rarely competitive but Mania brings is out of her. She doesn't care for Buzz though. I thought of Mania as a gimmick when I first rode it, but now it is one of the most memorable rides in HS for us because of the fun we have.

The only attraction that is more memorable for us in HS is the Tower, that is because we discuss different poses before we ride.

My point is as long as Disney doesn't flood the parks with the same type of ride, in this case as you call it, a screen ride, than I think it could be a classic. I feel that that is where Universal went wrong with their 4D rides, they have a half dozen of these with the same basic ride through just with different images.

I agree. I would really not want to see Disney flooding the park with 3D screen rides and thankfully they haven't yet. Universal has stuffed 6(!) screen in rides in USF (not IOA) and there have been many comments bu guests that they are sick of putting glasses. I hope Disney doesn't go towards this direction.

LUVofDIS

Or a better imagination ride in general, but at this point any ride is better than JIIWF

I wish you could convince my wife of this, every time we visit we have to do that attraction. I love figment and the song, I just dislike Journey into Imagination the ride. Of course I put her through the torture of spinning faster than anyone else ever has on the Tea Cups.

NeedMoreMickey

I’d be happy if I never had to see Figment on another Epcot souvenir.

I’m ok with the changes in Future World because I think it’s impossible for Disney to keep up with technology these days when it takes two years to build an attraction and in the real world your cell phone is out dated in 6 months

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom