Unlimited Fastpasses, Two Disney Hotels, and a Chef’s Table – It’s all Good Until Somebody Barfs

I just got back from the Happiest Place on Earth! And oh how I love it there. Disneyland is my home away from home. We spent so much time there when we lived in California and I have so many wonderful memories of it. I don’t get there near as often as I like anymore. So when some training was offered for travel agents, I knew I was there!

Who – Me of course! And Pam, Missy and Dani were coming for training too! There was a whole gaggle of Kingdom Konsultants! Well, is four a gaggle? Maybe not, but it was still fun! Here we all are from left to right Tammy, Missy, Pam and Dani:

DisneylandTrainingDay326.jpg

When – August 22nd -August 27th

Where – 4 nights at the Grand Californian and one at the Disneyland Hotel

What – Some agent training and some fun!

Catch phrase of the trip – “It’s all good until somebody barfs.” Don’t worry, nobody actually barfed. :) More on that later…

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Next we all walked over to World of Color.

I love World of Color. It’s just awesome. And Disney keeps it updated by changing sequences and adding new ones. There was a Prep and Landing intro at Christmas and now there’s a Brave sequence in the middle.

Here was our view:

DisneylandTrainingDay4580.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4584.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4601.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4606.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4611.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4614.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4618.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4620.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4626.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4628.jpg

The end:

DisneylandTrainingDay4672.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After the show, we walked through the madhouse that is World of Disney after the parks close and then back to our rooms.

Here’s some sample merchandise:

DisneylandTrainingDay4677.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4678.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4680.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4682.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4685.jpg

I’ve always wanted one of these statues, though I have no idea where I would put it!

DisneylandTrainingDay4687.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4688.jpg

I also love love these Prints. I want all 9!!

DisneylandTrainingDay4690.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4691.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4692.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4694.jpg

I like the paintings too!

DisneylandTrainingDay4695.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4696.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay4698.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Missy reminded me this was our last night at the Grand Californian and talked me into going back out to take a few pictures before bed. I decided I would take a bunch in the morning, but I did get a few:

DisneylandTrainingDay4711.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5100.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5102.jpg

Up next - a special guest and the end of this mammoth trip report! Thanks for reading! :)

Californian Elitist

This recent update is making me want to go to Disneyland even more! Good thing I live in LA. I'll be there sooner than later. I'm sad your report is coming to an end:(

miriamsolana

Tammy! I've read ALL of your TR, love all of them! you are super funny and your pics are GREAT!!! And you have the best job in the world...How "Kingdom Konsultants Mexico" sounds?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
This recent update is making me want to go to Disneyland even more! Good thing I live in LA. I'll be there sooner than later. I'm sad your report is coming to an end:(

I'm jealous you live in LA, Raven. I would love to live in LA again!

I should post the last part tomorrow morning! Then I'll start my cruise trip report! :)

Amazing nighttime shots, Tammy! I want to go to Disneyland SOOOO badly now...:( ;)

Thank you so much, Shannon! I'm sure you'll get there one day! :)

Tammy! I've read ALL of your TR, love all of them! you are super funny and your pics are GREAT!!! And you have the best job in the world...How "Kingdom Konsultants Mexico" sounds?

Thank you, Miriam! Kingdom Konsultants Mexico! It has a nice ring to it! :)

joanna71985

Bwahaha! I LOVE the camera story! :D

And I don't know how many times I say this...but I love, love, love the pictures! Especially the ones of World of Color

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Sunday, August 26 – End of Training and One More Day of Park Time

I slept in a little today - I didn’t wake up until 5:45!! Oi.

We weren’t meeting until 8, so after emails and getting ready, I walked around and took some more pictures of a quiet resort.

DisneylandTrainingDay52.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay57.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay511.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay513.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay515.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay517.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay528.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay532.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We started the morning with a breakfast buffet and then another class. This class ended with a very special guest!

Everyone’s favorite mouse! Mickey came by to give us all our diplomas!

Mickeyyyyyyy! I know him!!!!!

DisneylandTrainingDay5112.jpg

Our diplomas. It was touch and go for a little while, but we all graduated. :D

DisneylandTrainingDay5114.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5116.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5123.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5120.jpg

Our favorite trainer Tommy:

DisneylandTrainingDay5135.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After we said goodbye to everyone, we checked out of our room and gave them to Bell Services to transfer to the Disneyland Hotel.

We decided to walk over there and make sure we had a Downtown Disney view. Blue skies this morning!

DisneylandTrainingDay5136.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5137.jpg

Dani and Missy like the seats in the lobby:

DisneylandTrainingDay5140.jpg

Our room was ready!

DisneylandTrainingDay5143.jpg

This room was super big and the view and bright airiness of it made everyone a fan!

DisneylandTrainingDay5144.jpg

Here’s the view:

DisneylandTrainingDay5146.jpg

Huge bathroom:

DisneylandTrainingDay5153.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5156.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5161.jpg

Can’t get enough of these headboards:

DisneylandTrainingDay5164.jpg

Mickey in the mirror!

DisneylandTrainingDay5168.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We took the monorail into Disneyland next.

DisneylandTrainingDay5173.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5176.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5184.jpg

Monorail toes!

DisneylandTrainingDay5186.jpg

We started off by immediately getting Fastpasses for Space Mountain. Shoot, we were done living the high life, back to ordinary Fastpasses! :p

We grabbed some burgers in Tomorrowland and watched a little Jedi Training Academy while we ate. At Disneyland they still pick the kids from the audience. This made for a rather loud meal as you can imagine!

Here’s my burger:

DisneylandTrainingDay5190.jpg

Next it was our turn on the Finding Nemo subs and – all was good. Nobody barfed.

Here’s the queue:

DisneylandTrainingDay5199.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5201.jpg

On the sub:

DisneylandTrainingDay5205.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We wanted some Dole Whips after that. I had grand visions of taking beautiful pictures of mine all over the park when in reality I had approximately 37 seconds before it completely melted. I only managed to get a picture of the sign:

DisneylandTrainingDay5211.jpg

Thankfully it still tasted good! :)

We park hopped after that so we could catch Aladdin, the greatest live Disney show there is in my opinion.

Aladdin toes!
DisneylandTrainingDay5226.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5228.jpg

Showtime!

DisneylandTrainingDay5230.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5238.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5249.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5250.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5256.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5259.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5261.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
The Genie was on today! He had a “Snooki’s baby” joke that brought down the house! There was still no flying carpet. I’m losing hope that it will ever be back.

DisneylandTrainingDay5265.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5267.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5268.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5272.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5287.jpg

After that, we had some emails to answer, gifts to purchase and other reasons to go back to the room for a few minutes. That’s one of the great joys of Disneyland. Going to back to the room is so easy! You just walk right over!

We did our own thing for a little while and then left the room for dinner at Blue Bayou!
It’s way way too dark in there for pictures, and I didn’t want to carry around my flash (the real one :D ) so you’ll have to imagine how good our meal was.

We rode Pirates next. I guess I didn’t take pictures this time?

Then we headed towards Fantasyland where we found everything was closed! It was almost time for the Fireworks and most of Fantasyland shuts down for it.

We decided to use our Space Mountain Fastpasses instead. The ride was great – all good – but our picture afterwards had us in tears. Hilarious. Not flash mountain but a slight wardrobe malfunction. That’s all I can say about that.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Pam and Dani went back to their room afterwards and Missy and I watched the Fireworks. We were rewarded by – Dumbo! The flying Dumbo is absolutely AMAZING at Disneyland! As is Tink who flies all over, not just in a straight line. I just enjoyed and didn't take pictures. Seriously, find a video of Dumbo on youtube. He's awesome.

We took a slow boat through a Small World next, where I think Missy enjoyed all of the Disneyland additions to the ride.

DisneylandTrainingDay5304.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5310.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5313.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5316.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5320.jpg

Storybook Land Canal boats was next. It was cute as usual but kind of amusing how dark it was back there.

We road Mr. Toad for old times sake and did the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk Through one more time.

DisneylandTrainingDay5329.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5333.jpg

DisneylandTrainingDay5336.jpg

We shopped our way down Main Street one last time and then were off to Downtown Disney.
I saved a couple of things to buy at D-Street and I was so sad when we got there and it was closed! So we walked back to World of Disney so I could get some substitutes.

We may or may not have had some Haagen Daz also.:D

Pam and Dani were already asleep when we got back so we tiptoed around the room. Or tried to anyway. In reality I’m sure we sounded like a herd of elephants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom