Universe of Energy observation 4/24

juniorthomas

The only people it will be attracting are people over the age of 45, Disney World fans, and Retro Epcot fans.

Kids and teens will be forced to go on it, what kid have you recently heard that said "I want to go on the ride that teaches me about energy!". The only good thing according to the kid is the dinosaur scene. :lookaroun

Teenagers will think it's like watching a movie in class and think it's the most boring thing in the world. Kids and Teens don't tend to sit still in a movie or dark ride unless there's a character/person they know and love. Figment and Dreamfinder had that going. The original Imagination ride will never return in it's original glory, but maybe a new dark ride with dreamfinder.

World of Motion, Horizons, Wonders of Life, and The Living Seas with totally empty in a good bit of their last years running. Now, The Seas with Nemo and Friends is drawing many people. Test Track attracts most people of all ages. Mission: Space, the same. The only thrill ride Epcot had was Body Wars and that didn't open until 1986 if I'm correct.

As I said, people are changing. There's only a little bit of taste for slow moving rides (unless they're not boring and accuratly updated). If anything, Ellen's Jeapordy version is probably a good way of replacing the original snoozer. Even The Great Movie Ride is becoming outdated. It's almost in the stage as Universe of Energy was. I watched a video of UoE on youtube, it was more boring that I thought it was! But, I did enjoy the preshow. Although the music seemed a little outdated as well.

As usual, it's a matter of opinion. The old won't last forever. When all of you die and all of the people my age on WDWMagic are here, we'll probably get new rides which we don't want to, like all new mountains. Anything can happen, UoE is never coming back. Time to move on. :animwink:

Any new park guests will try it out too. It has its charm.

juniorthomas

I know Ellen has done a lot with Universal lately, but she still talks very fondly of her work on Nemo on her show. I think she's very proud of that movie. Do you really think things are that bad between them?

I love Ellen in UoE. Having her in it gives it a broader audience appeal. I am not much into earth/physical sciences at all, and find the topic incredibly un-entertaining. As a young girl I would only watch Bill Nye as a last resort when all the other Saturday morning cartoons were over, and even then I often would just turn it off. I think adding Ellen was a good idea, I wish they would just tape a new movie and update the AA's. And maybe cut the length a bit - it just eats up too much time.

I think those two points would help out tremendously. I think they'd sooner replace the entire thing than try to update the video and AAs.

I can deal with how it is for now though. I like it.

flavious27

Yeah but he's an entity. I mean, he has a lot of presence. For someone of his stature to be kicked off the board, plenty will get riled up.

Plenty got riled up that he was put onto the board in the first place. I don't see jobs having anyway to stop google from sponsoring an attraction and or having a large presence in the parks when it brings in sponsorship dollars. bringing google on board at epcot would help the park out and it will help jobs net worth out. 7% is a large chunk but it is not enough to sway the vote his way when that way will cost the company honest money. FW is about the future, having a company that pushes innovations makes sense in that area.

flavious27

I think those two points would help out tremendously. I think they'd sooner replace the entire thing than try to update the video and AAs.

I can deal with how it is for now though. I like it.

Well any changes won't happen if they can't find a sponsor, that money can pay for it. The video has become dated, not o canada dated, but still dated. The AAs kind of look fake, but they had a budget to meet.

juniorthomas

Plenty got riled up that he was put onto the board in the first place. I don't see jobs having anyway to stop google from sponsoring an attraction and or having a large presence in the parks when it brings in sponsorship dollars. bringing google on board at epcot would help the park out and it will help jobs net worth out. 7% is a large chunk but it is not enough to sway the vote his way when that way will cost the company honest money. FW is about the future, having a company that pushes innovations makes sense in that area.

I don't think he would even try to stop them from sponsoring an attraction at Disney. I just doubt people would see Google in the parks as a strong enough reason to kick someone of their board.

And perhaps I am a little biased, as I do not think Google pushes innovations. At best, they just dip their toes into anything and everything. In my opinion, they only excel at internet searches and mapping tools. Everything else of theirs was purchased from other entities, who did most of the innovating.

(Braces himself for wave of attacks from pro-Googlers)

juniorthomas

Well any changes won't happen if they can't find a sponsor, that money can pay for it. The video has become dated, not o canada dated, but still dated. The AAs kind of look fake, but they had a budget to meet.

That's true. If you were Disney, what would you do if BP stepped in and offered to sponsor the updated UoE?

juniorthomas

Force them to discuss their gross missteps and then have them sponsor a boring pavilion about safety?

HA. It'll happen too. BP wants to get in the hearts and minds of littl'ns in a positive way, and some park (UNIVERSAL) would be desperate for the money. A safety pavilion would be an absolute must.

flavious27

I don't think he would even try to stop them from sponsoring an attraction at Disney. I just doubt people would see Google in the parks as a strong enough reason to kick someone of their board.

And perhaps I am a little biased, as I do not think Google pushes innovations. At best, they just dip their toes into anything and everything. In my opinion, they only excel at internet searches and mapping tools. Everything else of theirs was purchased from other entities, who did most of the innovating.

(Braces himself for wave of attacks from pro-Googlers)

Well Roy Jr. got Eisner fired, no one is safe on that board.

flavious27

That's true. If you were Disney, what would you do if BP stepped in and offered to sponsor the updated UoE?

do_not_want8.jpg

It will take away before BP can clean up its image that its sponsorship deals would be accepted.

aladdin2007

I always thought Hess would be a good Exxon replacement. But didnt happen, never will most likely. I can still dream about Crayola sponsoring Imagination. :lol:

flavious27

I always thought Hess would be a good Exxon replacement. But didnt happen, never will most likely. I can still dream about Crayola sponsoring Imagination. :lol:

Well Hess already has a sponsorship deal with disney, but it just seems counter productive that an oil company sponsors the universe of energy pavilion.

forevermickey

The pavilion def. needs an overhaul! BUT PLEASE don't close another pavilion! don't want to see all the original pavilions demolished :( Update and reopen something awesome.. with all the energy issues now, use it and create something awesome..... I guess they need to find the funds:confused:

WDW Monorail

Well Hess already has a sponsorship deal with disney, but it just seems counter productive that an oil company sponsors the universe of energy pavilion.

Wait, how?

Much energy comes from oil. The attraction was originally sponsored by an oil/energy company.

Should it be sponsored by TECO?

ABigBrassBand

The only people it will be attracting are people over the age of 45, Disney World fans, and Retro Epcot fans.

Kids and teens will be forced to go on it, what kid have you recently heard that said "I want to go on the ride that teaches me about energy!". The only good thing according to the kid is the dinosaur scene. :lookaroun

Teenagers will think it's like watching a movie in class and think it's the most boring thing in the world. Kids and Teens don't tend to sit still in a movie or dark ride unless there's a character/person they know and love. Figment and Dreamfinder had that going. The original Imagination ride will never return in it's original glory, but maybe a new dark ride with dreamfinder.

World of Motion, Horizons, Wonders of Life, and The Living Seas with totally empty in a good bit of their last years running. Now, The Seas with Nemo and Friends is drawing many people. Test Track attracts most people of all ages. Mission: Space, the same. The only thrill ride Epcot had was Body Wars and that didn't open until 1986 if I'm correct.

As I said, people are changing. There's only a little bit of taste for slow moving rides (unless they're not boring and accuratly updated). If anything, Ellen's Jeapordy version is probably a good way of replacing the original snoozer. Even The Great Movie Ride is becoming outdated. It's almost in the stage as Universe of Energy was. I watched a video of UoE on youtube, it was more boring that I thought it was! But, I did enjoy the preshow. Although the music seemed a little outdated as well.

As usual, it's a matter of opinion. The old won't last forever. When all of you die and all of the people my age on WDWMagic are here, we'll probably get new rides which we don't want to, like all new mountains. Anything can happen, UoE is never coming back. Time to move on. :animwink:

That's a terrible assumption, seeing as though everyone in my family wants to go on that ride when we go, and the ages range from 9-47.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom