Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Ldno

Things on the ground in parts of CA aren‘t so hot right now. Let’s hope they get the place open before the governor changes his mind again :rolleyes:
You should all try quoting in the future. Secure Circuit was a plan Disney had developed prior to Universal's earlier than expected total reopen. Once that occurred, Disney kept much of Secure Circuit, but moved to open as much as possible as quickly as possible. Things like temperature checks, new legal agreements, modified transportation, sanitizing systems, e.t.c, all made it in. I would say 80% made it to the final plans. People then pretend what I said months ago was common sense, but that's only in hindsight... you're free to go back and see what they were saying then.

Heck just on the news a couple of days ago, Unions are just pushing back on re-opening Disneyland

The Visionary Soul

You should all try quoting in the future. Secure Circuit was a plan Disney had developed prior to Universal's earlier than expected total reopen. Once that occurred, Disney kept much of Secure Circuit, but moved to open as much as possible as quickly as possible. Things like temperature checks, new legal agreements, modified transportation, sanitizing systems, e.t.c, all made it in. I would say 80% made it to the final plans. People then pretend what I said months ago was common sense, but that's only in hindsight... you're free to go back and see what they were saying then.
No, secure circuit never existed. Someone giving you information was either messing around with you or badly mistaken.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Let’s hope they get the place open when it’s safe to do so, especially since the union seem to think it isn’t.
I don’t disagree. They just implemented mask requirements for the whole state so let’s hope that helps some to reduce spread. It’s going to take a while to see if there’s a real impact. Unlike in FL, if the negative trend continues to increase the unions may not need to block the opening, the government will.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don’t disagree. They just implemented mask requirements for the whole state so let’s hope that helps some to reduce spread. It’s going to take a while to see if there’s a real impact. Unlike in FL, if the negative trend continues to increase the unions may not need to block the opening, the government will.

I don't see government stepping in. The county government doesn't come off as strong enough to buck Disney and the state government politics are aligned strongly with President Trump it's unlikely we'll see closings, especially when Jacksonville is expected to host the GOP convention in late August. Whether it's right or wrong people have made up their minds how they feel Florida is handling the situation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't see government stepping in. The county government doesn't come off as strong enough to buck Disney and the state government politics are aligned strongly with President Trump it's unlikely we'll see closings, especially when Jacksonville is expected to host the GOP convention in late August. Whether it's right or wrong people have made up their minds how they feel Florida is handling the situation.
I was talking about DL not WDW for the government stepping in. In FL there is no shot of the government stepping in. I think if trends continue we will either see a “change” in how the numbers are reported in FL to spin it better or possibly the dashboard will just go down. Based on pressure from the federal level they are also likely to pull back significantly on testing availability. 100% of the people not tested won‘t test positive. You can reverse the trend of new case increases by slowing testing but that will make the percent positive skyrocket.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
No, secure circuit never existed. Someone giving you information was either messing around with you or badly mistaken.

You can think that if you'd like. However, the vast majority of Secure Circuit made it through to release - including items that didn't seem logical at the time - and once Disney changed course, I created this thread to explain how they were changing course prior to them making any public statement in that regard.

peter11435

You can think that if you'd like. However, the vast majority of Secure Circuit made it through to release - including items that didn't seem logical at the time - and once Disney changed course, I created this thread to explain how they were changing course prior to them making any public statement in that regard.
Ummm... the items that made it through are the same items that everyone else is doing and (despite what you think) are common sense at this point.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe it’s because I have no inside information and when I make predictions it’s based on common sense and logic and I’m usually wrong anyway but I don’t get the obsession with pointing out when things that were rumored are wrong. To each their own, but does it really matter? Whether this secure circuit thing was the plan or not was only relevant when we had no info on the actual opening. Now that we know what’s happening why am I supposed to care? This is just an example, but it seems to happen across the board. Would it be better if nobody shared what they hear or know because some of it may not happen?

ImperfectPixie

Maybe it’s because I have no inside information and when I make predictions it’s based on common sense and logic and I’m usually wrong anyway but I don’t get the obsession with pointing out when things that were rumored are wrong. To each their own, but does it really matter? Whether this secure circuit thing was the plan or not was only relevant when we had no info on the actual opening. Now that we know what’s happening why am I supposed to care? This is just an example, but it seems to happen across the board. Would it be better if nobody shared what they hear or know because some of it may not happen?
Because being "right" is often the most important thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Because being "right" is often the most important thing.
I’m rarely “right” about anything Disney parks related. A broken clock is right twice a day...pretty much describes my track record ;)

I work for a large Fortune 500 company and because of the nature of my job I often have knowledge of projects, potential acquisitions and other things going on that the general public doesn’t know about. My industry is relatively boring so nobody really ever asks me about what’s going on. I just know from past experience that things rarely come together the way they are initially planned. For every project that actually happens there are 10 that fall through.

DisneyCane

I was talking about DL not WDW for the government stepping in. In FL there is no shot of the government stepping in. I think if trends continue we will either see a “change” in how the numbers are reported in FL to spin it better or possibly the dashboard will just go down. Based on pressure from the federal level they are also likely to pull back significantly on testing availability. 100% of the people not tested won‘t test positive. You can reverse the trend of new case increases by slowing testing but that will make the percent positive skyrocket.
I will bet you real money that none of this stuff happens. Zero chance. It is too easy to notice if testing goes down. The dashboard won't go down because the woman that was fired from the dashboard made her own dashboard. The data must get reported to the CDC by the law that was passed.

Plus, the counties all have the data for their county so there are other ways to get the data if somebody is motivated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will bet you real money that none of this stuff happens. Zero chance. It is too easy to notice if testing goes down. The dashboard won't go down because the woman that was fired from the dashboard made her own dashboard. The data must get reported to the CDC by the law that was passed.

Plus, the counties all have the data for their county so there are other ways to get the data if somebody is motivated.
I’m not saying it definitely will happen, just that there’s a better chance of that then pulling back.

By the way the Florida dashboard section with testing data (the weekly trends) hasn’t been updated in 2 weeks now. It does seem a little delayed compared to back in May when trends were going the other way.

On the testing front, it was suggested at the highest levels of government that we are testing too much and that if we pull back on testing the number of cases will drop so that’s not all that far fetched. Pulling back on testing can be accomplished by just closing testing centers. It’s easy to justify by saying the demand for testing dried up and the centers were not needed. In other words, they don’t have to say we pulled back on testing to reduce positive cases. It could be spun as a legit reason for doing so. Again, all hypothetical based on if trends continue to worsen. The actual numbers could improve too without spin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom