Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My bad, I meant to say July. Thanks for pointing that out.
July 17th....2020 or 2021? ;););)

DLR should be much easier to open vs WDW. Just need the government to bless it. CA seems to be moving up their timelines so those doomsday scenarios of “not this year” don’t seem very likely at all. I always thought both parks would open around the same time assuming it was allowed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here's a story speculating on July 17th due to it being the 65th anniversary of Disneyland. I know on the DL boards there's some argument about whether the 17th or the 18th is the proper anniversary date, but either way, the basis of this article seems a little flimsy:

I really hope thats not the reason. I love Disney nostalgia and “special” celebrations as much as the next guy...but in this case don‘t play the nostalgia card. They need to open when it’s allowed and safe and try to keep crowds organized and in line. The last thing they need is 25,000 trying to cram into DLR because it’s an anniversary date.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

They didn’t say water spreads the virus. They are trying to limit getting everyone’s masks wet.
WRONG. Go back to their initial release of why they would have water effects turned off. And your argument makes no sense because they don't have to wear masks on water rides so why would they turn off water effects in fear of a mask getting wet you do not have wear on water rides? You didn't pay attention.

peter11435

WRONG. Go back to their initial release of why they would have water effects turned off. And your argument makes no sense because they don't have to wear masks on water rides so why would they turn off water effects in fear of a mask getting wet you do not have wear on water rides? You didn't pay attention.
Pretty sure they were talking about turning off water effects on non water rides. No amount of turning off water effects on water rides will prevent riders from getting wet.

Quinnmac000

Then if water spreads it, why would they open up Volcano Bay....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Pretty sure they were talking about turning off water effects on non water rides. No amount of turning off water effects on water rides will prevent riders from getting wet.
Unless it’s a really bad water ride ;) I assumed they meant stuff like spray stations those water cannons on the flume ride.
Then if water spreads it, why would they open up Volcano Bay....
You spend all day waiting in line for the slide so you don’t actually get wet ;)

disneygeek90

The water thing doesn't make much sense. Kong had water effects but all other rides had theirs turned off. Even the dragon breathing fire/smoke in FJ. I'm trying to think why that would have been the case or if someone forgot to flip the no water switch.

peter11435

The water thing doesn't make much sense. Kong had water effects but all other rides had theirs turned off. Even the dragon breathing fire/smoke in FJ. I'm trying to think why that would have been the case or if someone forgot to flip the no water switch.
I would imagine they just forgot to turn it off at Kong.

Thelazer

Legal.. Legal..Legal.
Guest gets sprayed with water, guest gets "Sick" and says "I got da VIRUS!!"

Water parks are another story.

pdude81

They probably also don't want people wiping the water off their face and touching the rails and seats again. Or even touching their face after who knows what else in the park. Plus if they are to be disinfecting vehicles at some point, additional moisture would dilute any substance sprayed and render ineffective most wipes

mickeymiss

What is an example of a water effect at Disney? I don't recall anything that would significantly splash anyone outside of water rides. People were speculating that Splash Mountain and Kali might close because of the water. I gotta keep an eye on that because those are deal breakers in the heat. I love those rides.

peter11435

What is an example of a water effect at Disney? I don't recall anything that would significantly splash anyone outside of water rides. People were speculating that Splash Mountain and Kali might close because of the water. I gotta keep an eye on that because those are deal breakers in the heat. I love those rides.
Muppets, it’s tough to be a bug, philharmagic, Flight of Passage, pirates cannons, spitting camel.

I do not expect water rides to remain closed. I believe that was baseless speculation.

mickeymiss

Muppets, it’s tough to be a bug, philharmagic, Flight of Passage, pirates cannons, spitting camel.

I do not expect water rides to remain closed. I believe that was baseless speculation.
Thanks. I hope you're right about the water rides. I've been on pirates 1000 times and I somehow don't remember getting wet. Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom