Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

jt04

Just to clarify... Are these checkpoints still there?

No. At the time they were putting the logistics in place in case they were unable to flatten the curve and the worst happened. They were never fully implemented because the worst didn't happen. But responsible preparations were being put in place.

carolina_yankee

Dirk -What’s your thoughts on AKL being “booked” for the rest of the year most likely by non DVC use?

Geesh. No idea because I can think of some things Disney can legitimately do and some things I don't think are cool and I'm not sure they can do.

There are some factors:

- Disney can claim inventory that hasn't been booked or become vacant at 60 days or less.
- Disney owns DVC points that have to follow the same rules as every other points owner.
- Disney theoretically could book all vacant DVC rooms at Jambo at 7 months that their own points inventory can pay for.
- I don't see how Disney can legitimately cancel a member's reservation in order to claim their room "because they got a better deal for it."
- I would expect some Jambo owners (and maybe anybody who booked Jambo) who get bumped for NBA to be mighty POd and try to make a legal case.
- Other folks who booked Jambo wouldn't care.
- Keeping Jambo closed overall is a challenge because I don't think that leaves enough amenities at Kidani. Mara is opening (breakfast?) so that means they expect Kidani guests will want a QS, at least for breakfast. How do you isolate a basketball team if others can come in for the amenities?

I still think they are pushing Jambo reservations over to Kidani because they have the available inventory in order to keep all of Jambo closed until they need to open it, and that the cash side of Jambo will be the reward for moderates being bumped.

It's very strange.

Dirk

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Geesh. No idea because I can think of some things Disney can legitimately do and some things I don't think are cool and I'm not sure they can do.

There are some factors:

- Disney can claim inventory that hasn't been booked or become vacant at 60 days or less.
- Disney owns DVC points that have to follow the same rules as every other points owner.
- Disney theoretically could book all vacant DVC rooms at Jambo at 7 months that their own points inventory can pay for.
- I don't see how Disney can legitimately cancel a member's reservation in order to claim their room "because they got a better deal for it."
- I would expect some Jambo owners (and maybe anybody who booked Jambo) who get bumped for NBA to be mighty POd and try to make a legal case.
- Keeping Jambo closed overall is a challenge because I don't think that leaves enough amenities at Kidani. Mara is opening (breakfast?) so that means they expect Kidani guests will want a QS, at least for breakfast. How do you isolate a basketball team if others can come in for the amenities?

I still think they are pushing Jambo reservations over to Kidani because they have the available inventory in order to keep all of Jambo closed until they need to open it, and that the cash side of Jambo will be the reward for moderates being bumped.

It's very strange.

Dirk
That just sucks...all of it

nickys

Premium Member

There are some factors:

It's very strange.

Dirk

Quick point. Sana’a is a QS for breakfast.

My gut tells me that they simply don’t want to open up Jambo House on June 22nd. And until they have an opening date they’re not allowing DVC bookings there.

But the rumour mill is in over-drive about it.

NBA get Coronado
MLS get one of the All Stars
Jambo opens up when the first wave of non-DVC resorts open.

🤞

jt04

My gut tells me that they simply don’t want to open up Jambo House on June 22nd. And until they have an opening date they’re not allowing DVC bookings there.

NBA get Coronado

🤞

I know the All Stars got a decent refurb but I can't see pro athletes settling for a budget resort.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1591315642468.png

What?!!

carolina_yankee

NBA get Coronado

🤞

Sana’a is quick service breakfast (and very good) but not on the scale of Mara with Grab n Go, etc. I don’t think it can be anywhere near adequate for a resort the size of Kidani at a time of decreased park hours. Remember, rumor is cooking implements will be removed from villas so they won’t be great for cooking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom