Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

RaveOnEd

They are not training CM's for a Shuttle launch or starting up a Nuclear reactor they are training CM's on masks and social distancing and how and where to tell a limited capacity of guests. This is all but 1-2 days of training at the most.

Day 1 provide CM’s PPE and how to with training

Day 2 Continue training if needed if not moved Day 3 to day 2.

Day 3 “Testing” phase (tests the queues, lines, ect… with CM’s)

Day 4 Bring in a limited amount of APH’s for testing

Day 5 Open

Pretty simple again not rocket science I am not sure why folks think they need weeks to get ready.

If you are told to report to work on Sunday 6/1 you are giving them 4 days to prepare, maintenance crews can be called w/in 1-2 days to put down the decals and signs at each park they can complete that in 1 day (hell they decorate each park in what 6 hours for the holidays) they can be ready to open by 6/6.
My thinking was along these lines, but shifted one week later to allow for recall of CMs and enough time to ensure adequate staffing. I like your timetable and hope it's that way, but if not, maybe the next week for opening.

pdude81

This has nothing to do with the virus going away. They will follow a plan and that plan won’t bank of the virus going away.

If you look at the airlines websites they all list that in between flights they are doing a deep cleaning of the aircrafts using various chemicals and technology. They all have different plans but the one constant is they will be thoroughly cleaning between each customer sitting in the seats. That’s not possible with a bus to MK. People get off and new people get on. Same as boats and the monorail. Masks help, but aren’t the only factor. They can do capacity limits but before phase 3 that’s limited to less than 25 people. That’s a problem for transport unless you throw a lot of extra buses at it, but that costs money.

When they switch drivers there is a several minute dance where the cabin is checked and people wait outside. I imagine there could be something like this that involved a ton of Lysol wipes. It's not ideal but in the short term doable.

Seanual757

This has nothing to do with the virus going away. They will follow a plan and that plan won’t bank of the virus going away.

If you look at the airlines websites they all list that in between flights they are doing a deep cleaning of the aircrafts using various chemicals and technology. They all have different plans but the one constant is they will be thoroughly cleaning between each customer sitting in the seats. That’s not possible with a bus to MK. People get off and new people get on. Same as boats and the monorail. Masks help, but aren’t the only factor. They can do capacity limits but before phase 3 that’s limited to less than 25 people. That’s a problem for transport unless you throw a lot of extra buses at it, but that costs money.

Sure they can each aircraft is fogged and a cleaning crews cleans each tray table (buses don't have those, they clean the arm rests buses have none of those, overhead bins nope none of those, air vents nope none of those, lavs nope none of those galley's nope none of those either. You can fog a bus in under a minute, you can have someone clean a bus in 2-3 minutes wiping down seats and the overhead hand rails after they unload at the hotel or park. Each resort stop will have a bus no multiple stops. Again will not be an issue with capacity restrictions.

Getachew

They are not training CM's for a Shuttle launch or starting up a Nuclear reactor they are training CM's on masks and social distancing and how and where to tell a limited capacity of guests. This is all but 1-2 days of training at the most.

Day 5 Open

Pretty simple again not rocket science I am not sure why folks think they need weeks to get ready.

If you are told to report to work on Sunday 6/1 you are giving them 4 days to prepare, maintenance crews can be called w/in 1-2 days to put down the decals and signs at each park they can complete that in 1 day (hell they decorate each park in what 6 hours for the holidays) they can be ready to open by 6/6.

you know all this how?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If that’s the case then FL can’t go to phase 3.

Most states that are 'reopening' have not followed the recommended two weeks of decline before they move to a next phase. Certainly not Florida. So, FL's Phase 3 will come about even while plateauing. The only thing that will stop a FL Phase 3 is a huge spike. For FL, the two week rule seems to be interpreted as "wait 2 weeks, then move to next phase" while ignoring any other constraint, such as a continuing decline and adequate contact tracing.

1590521763655.png

Seanual757

When they switch drivers there is a several minute dance where the cabin is checked and people wait outside. I imagine there could be something like this that involved a ton of Lysol wipes. It's not ideal but in the short term doable.

when we were staying at AKL Jambo house in March CM's were cleaning the handrails, tables, elevator buttons, walls, mirrors all the time with a spray bottle solution they can do this as well.

Lilofan

This is the first I've heard about any pest infestation. I would assume preventative measures would have been in place but anything is possible.

I've been to Disneyland pretty much at every scenario, excluding Christmas day or 4th of July. I think training the AP fanbase that it's not a hangout will only be accomplished by limiting attendance aka, they just can't go due to capacity issues. That's a short term thing and I think that long term, it won't be any different a year from now IF there is a vaccine AND Disney increases capacity. Crowds will come back en masse.
In Florida pests are normal. Snakes in the grass, extra large cockroaches and gators in many bodies of water.

Seanual757

you know all this how?

Last time I was at Disney I did not see a launch pad or a Nuclear reactor that is how I know.

But someone who has put together an action plan it's very simple as I stated above. Look at Universal they are doing the same thing it's how you plan and you cannot tell me Disney has not had this scenario already planned out if not shame on them. The day they shut down they should have already been planning on how to reopen.

Getachew

Last time I was at Disney I did not see a launch pad or a Nuclear reactor that is how I know.

But someone who has put together an action plan it's very simple as I stated above. Look at Universal they are doing the same thing it's how you plan and you cannot tell me Disney has not had this scenario already planned out if not shame on them. The day they shut down they should have already been planning on how to reopen.

so youre assuming its easy then?

Seanual757

Most states that are 'reopening' have not followed the recommended two weeks of decline before they move to a next phase. Certainly not Florida. So, FL's Phase 3 will come about even while plateauing. The only thing that will stop a FL Phase 3 is a huge spike. For FL, the two week rule seems to be interpreted as "wait 2 weeks, then move to next phase" while ignoring any other constraint, such as a continuing decline and adequate contact tracing.

View attachment 472883

The Florida Governor is hell bent on opening everything to please the president. Yes we have been doing good with cases and deaths (no matter what anybody that dies from this is not a good thing). I do believe we need to get the Florida economy going since we rely on tourism as the major source of income they need to get thinks going before it's too late for any sort of recovery. And before anyone asks I am not a fan of the governor or president so don't think I am making my opinion about this is because I back them.

Seanual757

Not exactly

If they started this minute, nearly but not quite.

But they’re not.

No they can recalls CM's today and have them report to work on 6/1 and be ready to go by 6/6. They can if they want to. How do you think they prepare a park and resort for a hurricane?

They have a few days’ notice they have a set plan they execute that plan and have the park shut down and resorts locked down. Once the storm as passed CM’s come back to work and they have the park checked for damage and they reopen again not rocket science.

Did it take weeks to get CM's ready for Disney Springs open NOPE. Did it take weeks to set up the decals and social distancing at Disney Springs NOPE it took a few days.

CaptainAmerica

I don’t care when it reopens. I’m not going back until there’s a vaccine; and yes, I know that’s more space for someone else who doesn’t mind melting in the heat and humidity.:D

I can’t imagine wearing a mask in 90° heat with 100% humidity.
Are you saying "I won't go until there's a vaccine because I don't want to wear a mask and they're going to make me wear a mask until there's a vaccine" or "I won't go until there's a vaccine because I won't feel safe until there's a vaccine?"

Said another way, would you go without a vaccine if you didn't have to wear a mask?

DisneyJoe

Day 5 Open

Are you assuming that each and every Disney CM is ready, available and willing to return to work at a moment's notice?

Don't forget that there are many College Program CMs as well as International Program CMs that have been let go and would all need to be rehired and retrained. International Program may need new Visas. There are tens of thousands of CMs in this group.

Also, some are suggesting that if the CM is over age 65 that they may not be able to be brought back due to their higher risk.

The many unions have a say in this process too.

Universal had little of these issues.

carolina_yankee

No they can recalls CM's today and have them report to work on 6/1 and be ready to go by 6/6. They can if they want to. How do you think they prepare a park and resort for a hurricane?

They have a few days’ notice they have a set plan they execute that plan and have the park shut down and resorts locked down. Once the storm as passed CM’s come back to work and they have the park checked for damage and they reopen again not rocket science.

Did it take weeks to get CM's ready for Disney Springs open NOPE. Did it take weeks to set up the decals and social distancing at Disney Springs NOPE it took a few days.

It’s like construction: People want quality, fast, and cheap. You can only have any two of the three.

Throw in the “Disney Difference” and you likely can only have any one of the three. :)

DisneyJoe

Well, that part is not exactly up to them. As long as they are given the required 5 days notice they have to report to work. Failure to do so could result in termination and loss of unemployment benefits.
Understood - I was referring more to the fact that the many college program and international program CMs are not available at a moments notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom