Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Peter Pan's Shadow

phased reopening. Maybe not all the parks at once?
I think it's a vague term that leaves it open for that. I've been trying to figure out if the resorts are all full, will opening one, two or three parks be enough for all of them? Either way sounds like we will find out tomorrow. (Even if we ignore the insiders saying July over and over and over). Lol

Angelo721

The data on this sickness changes daily. Now the CDC says that it DOESN'T transmit easily on surfaces.

Next week it will be something different.

If Disney wipes down frequently touched surfaces regularly, they will be ok. Plus COVID can't stand UV light. So outside surfaces you do not have to worry about. Not opening till August, haha. I would love to see that. I might have to trade my Silver Pass for a Universal pass.

What we are dealing with is FEAR. Some of us are afraid to go outside with out full body PPE's (you see these people wearing mask in their cars with the windows rolled up), some of us are ok with going about normal life. No one HAS to go to Disney, so if your afraid of going out, then do not go to Disney. There is much more going on than just people passing away from COVID. Drug use, Alcoholism, Suicide. Mental health is declining because of this fear. Disney opening will in a small way remove some of the fear we are all facing.

I hate the mask but I would wear it to visit the parks. Yes, I will remove it at some times to take a break.

My daughter is gong back to college soon, the president of her college says full in classroom, classes August 1st. So why is Disney so Fearfull?

robhedin

Specifically says reopening of wdw theme parks, not Walt Disney world resort.

Edit: I think that's awesome. Much smarter and hopefully will reduce spread of covid around the country
Yep. There's been an assumption that Resorts would open coincident with the parks. I've never been quite so sure that made sense. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow

Peter Pan's Shadow

Specifically says reopening of wdw theme parks, not Walt Disney world resort.

Edit: I think that's awesome. Much smarter and hopefully will reduce spread of covid around the country
So now they've left us an entire day to unravel the clues hidden in their sentence structure and words they chose to use....and words they didn't. It'll be child's play for this group. We got this. Lol. We will know their ideas before they announce them.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No they can recalls CM's today and have them report to work on 6/1 and be ready to go by 6/6. They can if they want to. How do you think they prepare a park and resort for a hurricane?

They have a few days’ notice they have a set plan they execute that plan and have the park shut down and resorts locked down. Once the storm as passed CM’s come back to work and they have the park checked for damage and they reopen again not rocket science.

Did it take weeks to get CM's ready for Disney Springs open NOPE. Did it take weeks to set up the decals and social distancing at Disney Springs NOPE it took a few days.
It’s currently 7-14 days to be in a position ready to open once the process has begun.

Which they haven’t done.

peter11435

We cancelled our July Europe cruise before DCL cancelled it officially. It sounds like we might be able to beg for an increased future cruise credit based on the bolded language, but our other issue is we lost our onboard booking credit and the two year window will pass before we are able to rebook. Any hope of them extending the two years?
I believe the increased FCC only applied to guests who moved their sailings before the impacted sailings were cancelled. For cancellations I believe they were refunding any cancellation fees they may have charged if the sailing was later cancelled by them. All of this applies to specific sail dates and specific windows. Best thing I can tell you is to call them and see what they say.

brianstl

Most states that are 'reopening' have not followed the recommended two weeks of decline before they move to a next phase. Certainly not Florida. So, FL's Phase 3 will come about even while plateauing. The only thing that will stop a FL Phase 3 is a huge spike. For FL, the two week rule seems to be interpreted as "wait 2 weeks, then move to next phase" while ignoring any other constraint, such as a continuing decline and adequate contact tracing.

View attachment 472883

You don't understand everything the two week rule says. You don't need a declining case count. This is the rule...

Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day period

OR

Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period (flat or increasing volume of tests)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom