Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

JoeCamel

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame
Looks around perplexed at the millions of pictures of the ironbelly mouthing off or the thousands that line the streets several times a day to stare slack jawed in awe as the heat of the flames warms their face with a mighty roar and thinks what are you on about?

Rich Brownn

Scrapped entirely of just scrapped for EU? I feel like it's too good an idea to scrap entirely. Built as a TSR for IOA, I feel like it could be Unis equivalent of BOG (both with regards to impact and popularity!)

As a self professed Potter Fan, I will echo that sentiment. Seeing the to scale (or close enough) train pull into the replica Platform 9 3/4 station with the "steam" and moving wheels and sound... yeah, that's the equivalent joyous feeling (for me) as turning the corner in Galaxy's Edge and seeing the Millennium Falcon.
The idea was an uncharge resteraunt (dinner show basically). The execs eventually decided that really doesn't fit in with any of the parks so tabled it

Misted Compass

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame
I highly doubt anybody would let them use what would basically be drones armed with flamethrowers. Smoke effects would be cool though.

drew81

Question of the day-

If you stay at Helios and you have a non-park view(nearest the parking garage), will you be viewing the backside of the Potter show building? Seems like there won't be any berm or facade put in front of that.

Andrew25

Question of the day-

If you stay at Helios and you have a non-park view(nearest the parking garage), will you be viewing the backside of the Potter show building? Seems like there won't be any berm or facade put in front of that.
Sort of... Helios is strategically designed/shaped/located to avoid BoH views for most guests. Anything to the western side of the hotel will face the pool/lake, while the eastern side will have parking garage/BoH views. However, the most extreme side of the hotels are lower to the ground, so after a few years the trees should grow in nicely. There's also ample space in between the garage and hotel to build a nice garden with thick foliage.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If there be any inch close to seeing anything would be a window from the side (from room hallway's) of it on both sides on certain few floors those are definitely facing east and west.

drew81

Sort of... Helios is strategically designed/shaped/located to avoid BoH views for most guests. Anything to the western side of the hotel will face the pool/lake, while the eastern side will have parking garage/BoH views. However, the most extreme side of the hotels are lower to the ground, so after a few years the trees should grow in nicely. There's also ample space in between the garage and hotel to build a nice garden with thick foliage.
Thank you.

Jon81uk

Magic Kingdom has 24 rides. Epic will 11 when it opens. It'll have the same amount as Epcot. Definitely more than DHS and DAK, but not as many as MK. I'm sure the park overall will probably be fine rides wise I just think Harry Potter needs an e ticket and c or d ticket along with it. Although doesn't diagon Alley only have one ride too?
The show is the C or D ticket.
View attachment 806000
View attachment 806001
View attachment 806003

I'd love to see a crowd flow analysis for this land. The center area looks like an instant bottle neck with the tent/show entrance, especially as it leads to the parks headliner attraction on the left which also exits on the left onto the very same street. The show holds 642 people and what is that place going to be like when it gets out. Oddly, the right side at least has options for crowd flow with the alternate back alley area. The center to left just seems like a logistical nightmare especially when you add in butterbeer carts and interactive windows.

The streets do look fairly wide- wider at the other lands, but the center point seems poorly conceived. Exiting Hogwarts we can split off in two directions. Exiting Gringotts, three. Here we all go in one direction from Ministry and it leads to another attraction entrance. (Or... is that the goal and we're all expected to cut through the retail shop?)
Diagon Alley works well enough with most people entering and going straight ahead. Yes there is a loop back round to exit, but the main walkway ahead to the dragon doesn’t get as backed up as it could.

sedati

Diagon Alley works well enough with most people entering and going straight ahead. Yes there is a loop back round to exit, but the main walkway ahead to the dragon doesn’t get as backed up as it could.
The comparison would be if the Weasley’s shop was a second attraction and those exiting Gringotts had to go back the same way whereas Diagon has three possible routes

Last edited:

trr1

too bad Disney didn't build this at Epcot
1722977974359.png

1722977893901.png

trr1

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Maybe they thought it wasn't worth an animatronic dragon after seeing the Yeti Problems on Expedition Everest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom