Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of site of Universal's electric bus service area. Electric buses to shuttle resort guests to Epic Universe.Parking lot was one of the first things developed in the Epic Universe site. One of the first uses was the staging area for Yoshi's Adventure track.
1722629775598.png

Aerial look at the intersection of Kirkman Rd and Epic Blvd, where a raised traffic circle is under construction. At top is site of Universal's electric bus service area. Electric buses will shuttle Universal resort guests to Epic Universe.
1722629800204.png

Aerial photo of a raised traffic circle in progress near Epic Universe. Kirkman Rd runs left-right. Epic Blvd top-bottom. The bottom direction leads to guest parking for the park.This raised circle eliminates left turns, improves traffic flow.
1722629821580.png

Aerial look at the intersection of Kirkman Rd and Epic Blvd, where a raised traffic circle is under construction. Epic Universe guest parking is top right
1722629844751.png

Aerial peek inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe. This full-scale street leads to the featured attraction, at left. Battle at the Ministry.
1722629881256.png

Aerial photo of facades in a street of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.
1722629905246.png

Aerial overview of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Epic Universe, with full size streets of Paris.It's said that the shortest building here (top right) is taller than the highest building in Diagon Alley.Helios Grand Hotel at bottom left. Unseen within the world.
1722629937172.png

Aerial photo of a section of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.Scaffolding is being removed from this narrow, steep street (with roped-off stairs). There's wording visible on one of the facades.Arrow at location of the wand shop for this world. Cosme Acajor Baguettes Magique.
1722629975274.png

Aerial photo of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.Arrow at entrance to the featured attraction. Battle at the Ministry.The red tent is at entrance to Le Cirque Arcanus. A theater show.Protective sheeting covers the street pavement.
1722630037000.png

Aerial photo July 29, 2024 showing a milestone at Epic Universe.The last tower crane in Epic Universe was recently removed. Previously seen at center, at Helios Grand Hotel.
1722630065508.png

trr1

https://x.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of a scaffolded area of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.Shutters are among the recent theming of this facade. Windows with closed shutters were previously seen with recessed walls, no glass.
1722630121019.png

Aerial photo of a dirt bank or berm being lowered at the Epic Universe site.
1722630160179.png

Aerial photo of the plaza outside the portal of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.
1722630190267.png

Aerial photo of a street in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe. Protective sheets are over the pavement.Workers add scale. The buildings and streets in this world are full-size, as if walking through Paris.
1722630216747.png

Aerial photo of current construction of the Epic Universe parking toll plaza.
1722630245201.png

Aerial look at Helios Grand Hotel. Behind it is a peninsula where the first fireworks for Epic Universe were tested last night.
1722630285157.png

Rich Brownn

The Ministry of Magic ride was intended for USF until EU plans started formulating, and I agree it would have worked better (thematically) there, but the idea was too good to go unused and if they built it at USF, they would have had to come up with an equally amazing concept for EU. Was it the cheap way out? Sure. But I don't blame them. Just as how a Great Hall restaurant would make more sense at IOA, but if it ends up in EU as is rumored (where you get to it via Floo Network or Port Key), I think they'll get a pass.

As for Wizarding Paris, while I agree with your general sentiment, if not Paris, where? What other exterior locations could they do that would have any appeal? While the Paresian architecture isn't "fantastical", I do feel that setting the land in Paris allows for them too have a unique setting in which to infuse magic amongst the mundane.
The dining hall plan was scrapped

Rich Brownn

For me it's a so-so experience that exists to help sell park hopping.

I did it once just to see it, and honestly, now I'd just walk between the parks unless the wait was non-existent.

If it was a standalone attraction it would be ranked very poorly IMO.

It's fine as a way to connect the two lands and keep people immersed in the world, so it's not without value, but I didn't think it was particularly engaging.

Is it brought up here just to compare ride counts? I wouldn't consider it a major attraction by that standard.
For Potter fans it can be a trancendal experience. I worked the train and the amount of adults who got teary eyed watching the train pull into the station was incredbile. (Two trivia pieces: each direction has a different experience. And on the Higsmede-to-London run look carefully at the lightning strike when it first hits -- you'll see Voldemort for a second and on the second strike it's a tree!)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The dining hall plan was scrapped
Scrapped entirely of just scrapped for EU? I feel like it's too good an idea to scrap entirely. Built as a TSR for IOA, I feel like it could be Unis equivalent of BOG (both with regards to impact and popularity!)
For Potter fans it can be a trancendal experience.
As a self professed Potter Fan, I will echo that sentiment. Seeing the to scale (or close enough) train pull into the replica Platform 9 3/4 station with the "steam" and moving wheels and sound... yeah, that's the equivalent joyous feeling (for me) as turning the corner in Galaxy's Edge and seeing the Millennium Falcon.

JoeCamel

Scrapped entirely of just scrapped for EU? I feel like it's too good an idea to scrap entirely. Built as a TSR for IOA, I feel like it could be Unis equivalent of BOG (both with regards to impact and popularity!)
Suspended/saved for phase two is probably a better way to put it

BrianLo

I just realized you put "at its opening" 🤦‍♂️. I am dumb. 😑
I wouldn't really consider the Hogwarts Express a ride, if it is than should we say the monorail is a ride? I wouldn't say that.

At Disneyland the Monorail is in fact a ride.

At WDW it is not… but transportation like that is what actually makes the ‘resort’ experience at WDW stronger.

I will accept no shade against the Hogwarts Express and defend that transcendent ride as possibly the best boundary pushing thing Universal has ever done. Perhaps until this dragon…

TalkToEthan

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame

Disstevefan1

Here’s the deal:

Universal needs to atone for its colossally squandered opportunity to shake the theme park industry—— that petrified dragon perched atop Gringot building was half baked. It needed two features: fire and movement. A turning neck and a wing flap coupled with breath blaze would have been the ultimate sight in any park on earth.

Wishful thinking for sure but I’m hoping Epic can change the game and end this Uni vs Disney debate once and for all with a drone that can flap a wing and spit a flame
Disagree. Gringots is great and EPIC will be…… well….. EPIC 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom