Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
Universal has released a new video introduction into The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter – Ministry Of Magic:

Here’s an animated fly-through video:

More details:

Why wasn't Pokemon considered for this new park, I get it that it was rumored for Studios for a while, but Pokemon is way more beloved than this overrated franchise that has its author getting recent backlash and with good reason

Mike S

Why wasn't Pokemon considered for this new park, I get it that it was rumored for Studios for a while, but Pokemon is way more beloved than this overrated franchise that has its author getting recent backlash and with good reason
The same backlash that led to the biggest video game release of last year? That backlash? Not to mention the continued success of the 2 lands Universal already has.

Nobody cares lol.

Edit: this isn’t a statement of my opinion on the issue. This is a statement of facts about how the general population feels about Rowling’s opinion on the issue.

Last edited:

sonoma15

My guess is because EU was already years into planning when they got the Pokémon rights. Also, if Pokemon was to come to EU potter still would've happened. It would've gone into a different plot of land.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I am so excited for this theme park but the video of the new HP land just does not hit the same. I bet if they had a time machine they would not have themed the new land to Fantastic beasts at all. Aren't they set before Potter? So how are you going into the flu network and then seeing Umbridge? I don't know it just looks...meh. People want to be transported into the world of Harry Potter but I am not sure that FB is a world people are really clamoring to visit, if most even know it at all.

Hogsmead at IOA must be set no later than 1997 (the year Dumbledore dies) given that he is present in Forbidden Journey

Diagon Alley at Uni Orlando theoretically is set in early May 1998 (the year Deathly Hallows is set) given the events that take place in Escape from Gringotts)

Yet the two lands have a train that connects them that would seem to imply that they take place at the same time (which they cannot)

Ministry of Magic is set no earlier than late May 1998 so we already know that it isn't the same timeline as the other two lands... it really sets the lands to be visited in chronological order from IOA, to UOR, to EU to create the full "trilogy" as they described it. The rest of Wizarding Paris can be exactly the same as it is in Fantastic Beasts so long as they include none of the FB characters. There is no reason to assume that many of the shops and such seen in Fantastic Beasts wouldn't still be around 70-80 years later (Olivander's itself is believe is over 1600 years old by the time of the events of Harry Potter). Someone already posted that Eddie Redmayne would reprise his role, but I guess they could always have him appearing in a portrait or as a ghost or something and still keep the timeline (at least of the EU land) consistent... though honestly, if they included Newt in the "flesh", only the biggest fans would question/complain...

Andrew25

Couple notes...

On the discussion of choosing Paris/Fantastic Beasts... where else in the Wizarding World could they base an entire land? Universal will have 3 of the most memorable locations from the films at their resort with the Ministry of Magic... the Parisian area is just an added bonus.

On the land only having one ride... sure it's just one ride, but it's at the scale of Rise of the Resistance. Don't forget the stage show that is just as equivalent as a D-ticket.

We can argue over every single detail, but as long as the land has a great ride, entertainment, food & beverage and retail... nobody will bat an eye on any storyline issues.

J4546

the ride carts look like you are walled in and can only focus in one direction instead of looking all around you like rise/spiderman....I dunno how I feel about that. Im still on the fence after the "meh" that is Gringotts imo. Park still looks cool though and Ill def go when it opens

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
On the discussion of choosing Paris/Fantastic Beasts... where else in the Wizarding World could they base an entire land? Universal will have 3 of the most memorable locations from the films at their resort with the Ministry of Magic... the Parisian area is just an added bonus.

Agreed. With regards to external locations, they already checked the boxes with Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts) and Diagon Alley (and really knocked it out of the park with both) and I'm not sure what other major external locations they could cover (maybe Shrieking Shack? Weasley's House?). Now, it just comes down to internal locations and Ministry of Magic is something I think a LOT of people will be very interested in seeing! The other would be the Great Hall at Hogwarts (and that is already rumored for Phase II).

sonoma15

the ride carts look like you are walled in and can only focus in one direction instead of looking all around you like rise/spiderman....I dunno how I feel about that. Im still on the fence after the "meh" that is Gringotts imo. Park still looks cool though and Ill def go when it opens
The Spiderman vehicles already have large walls that direct your vision too. Only difference it seems with these are having a roof.

Andrew25

Agreed. With regards to external locations, they already checked the boxes with Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts) and Diagon Alley (and really knocked it out of the park with both) and I'm not sure what other major external locations they could cover (maybe Shrieking Shack? Weasley's House?). Now, it just comes down to internal locations and Ministry of Magic is something I think a LOT of people will be very interested in seeing! The other would be the Great Hall at Hogwarts (and that is already rumored for Phase II).
Agree - sure it's "odd" to stick it here, but I'd rather have it this way than nothing at all. There's no space next to Diagon Alley where they can fit this massive building unfortunately.

BrianLo

I’m as cynical as the rest of them, but this land pleases me greatly. It may be the less Iconic of the lot, but it’s also an evolution of the lessons they’ve learned in the ramp up. It should be the best of the lands, even if it’s the least of the iconography.

Honestly, no complaints on the interactive component. I finally feel like it has hit a critical mass that yes, if you are doing all three parks, an interactive wand is probably worth it. The Super Nintendo bands are currently a bit more of a money grab.

In the grand scheme of the other cut ride versus the show, I’m actually quite glad the show survived. Ya, there’s a nitpick here and there on Epic, it was never going to be a ‘perfect day one park’. Sure, I’d like a second potter ride, a Monsters show and a Luigi’s Mansion E ticket. But the park feels quite balanced. Which is something the other two parks have a hard time claiming right now.

I guess my real nitpick is, if you are afraid enough to cap capacity on this park, why did you make cuts to the lineup to support more capacity?

BrianLo

Agree - sure it's "odd" to stick it here, but I'd rather have it this way than nothing at all. There's no space next to Diagon Alley where they can fit this massive building unfortunately.

Maybe someone can establish otherwise, but I thought this attraction was quite literally planned for and subsequently lifted out of the Fear Factor plot. Epic is in part made up of cancelled expansions for USF.

Mike S

I’m as cynical as the rest of them, but this land pleases me greatly. It may be the less Iconic of the lot, but it’s also an evolution of the lessons they’ve learned in the ramp up. It should be the best of the lands, even if it’s the least of the iconography.

Honestly, no complaints on the interactive component. I finally feel like it has hit a critical mass that yes, if you are doing all three parks, an interactive wand is probably worth it. The Super Nintendo bands are currently a bit more of a money grab.

In the grand scheme of the other cut ride versus the show, I’m actually quite glad the show survived. Ya, there’s a nitpick here and there on Epic, it was never going to be a ‘perfect day one park’. Sure, I’d like a second potter ride, a Monsters show and a Luigi’s Mansion E ticket. But the park feels quite balanced. Which is something the other two parks have a hard time claiming right now.

I guess my real nitpick is, if you are afraid enough to cap capacity on this park, why did you make cuts to the lineup to support more capacity?
Luigi’s Mansion is rumored to be one of the parks first expansions.

BrianLo

Luigi’s Mansion is rumored to be one of the parks first expansions.

I just meant as an opening day attraction. I think they know Super Nintendo world is a little underbuilt. I’m very glad the rest of the park is original, but there was no reason for them to stick to Osaka’s space limitations in a white space, ground up park.

Clearly they now realize that and are rushing Luigi’s. Which I agree with them, I think that’s probably the highest priority part of the park that needs an immediate expansion. They went wild with the scaling on Potter by contrast and underestimated Nintendo.

Andrew25

Maybe someone can establish otherwise, but I thought this attraction was quite literally planned for and subsequently lifted out of the Fear Factor plot. Epic is in part made up of cancelled expansions for USF.
It was a very different version which was more vertical and screen based. This is a massive Rise of the Resistance style experience with large scenes that definitely doesn't fit inside the FFL. We're talking about the largest show building Universal has create to date.

J4546

I just meant as an opening day attraction. I think they know Super Nintendo world is a little underbuilt. I’m very glad the rest of the park is original, but there was no reason for them to stick to Osaka’s space limitations in a white space, ground up park.

Clearly they now realize that and are rushing Luigi’s. Which I agree with them, I think that’s probably the highest priority part of the park that needs an immediate expansion. They went wild with the scaling on Potter by contrast and underestimated Nintendo.
I def agree, they really should made Nintendo World in EU much bigger and better than the others since its a new build

Disney Analyst

As someone who only knew about Paris and Ministry of Magic being involved... I am IMPRESSED.

This land looks stunning! Full scale 1920's Paris?! Heck yes I want to go there!

Enter the floo network? HECK YES I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT!!

Enter the full scale MoM Atrium?? AHHHHH

Get on a multidirectional Elevator like in the movies, which appears to behave very similarly and gives fans a dream come true, because we've all always wanted to enter one of those elevators?? FOR THE TRIALS OF THE VILE HATED UMBRIDGE?! (I am now dead)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom