Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Surferboy567

Universal has released a new video introduction into The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter – Ministry Of Magic:

Here’s an animated fly-through video:

More details:

This is the land I’m most excited for in terms of anticipation. This and Nintendo are my top two, I’m a massive potterhead so I’m biased. Need more details on the actual attraction.

rd805

Nintendo / DK, Dark Universe, Fantastic Beasts / HP 3 - I'm so ridiculously stoked for all 3!
"Smallest building is larger than the smallest building in Diagon Alley" - is just a crazy scale thing which is very neat to hear them comment themselves. You can feel their earnest excitement!

H2TYD - little less excited about this land, but a new roller coaster and some scenery to look at, plus hopefully the Dragon show (as well as the Fantastic Beast Paris stage show) have a great capacity to give people something to do / off their feet!

If this park can start having visitors May First - we are 9 months aways. Worst case scenario, 10 months?!
TIME SPEED UP PLEASE lol.

Bob Harlem

Original Poster

andre85

That ride vehicle is straight up ToT/MB lol. Do we know if there's a drop component? Or how this ride vehicle even moves around?

Excited for the ride. The land itself feels underwhelming and not especially magical, outside of the rad fireplace entrance. And only 1 ride? Bummer

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That ride vehicle is straight up ToT/MB lol. Do we know if there's a drop component? Or how this ride vehicle even moves around?

From what I've been hearing, the vehicles are similar to the Scoop vehicles on Spiderman and Transformers, but with a scissor lift component built into the base to allow up and down motion as well. How quickly it may move up and down (fast enough to give a freefall feeling?), I'm not sure...

Excited for the ride. The land itself feels underwhelming and not especially magical, outside of the rad fireplace entrance. And only 1 ride? Bummer

It was supposed to have a second ride where you VR ride on a broom, but the Harry Potter store in NYC beat them to it (and I guess Uni wasn't impressed enough with that to move forward with it at Epic... FWIW, the Harry Potter store in NYC already removed their VR attraction, so there must have been some sort of issue...). The pad where that was supposed to go is still open/available, so as soon as they figure out something worthy to put there, I'm sure they will!

Wendy Pleakley

It's unfortunate the land is based on the Wizarding World movies, which petered out and whose design was closer to the real world than the original films, which really felt like another world.

The attraction looks impressive enough. I assume they got Imelda back to play Umbridge but anyone else will just be stock footage? Kind of hard to do a ride still focused on Harry Potter after the actors have aged out and/or moved on.

surfsupdon

Lets be clear - if Disney announced a new land where two of the primary selling points were something in another park at WDW, the tears would be endless.
But it’s the excitement for the future because the scope and experiences of the original two lands were so wonderful! Hogsmeade and Diagon are so fleshed out and full of amazing thematic elements. Butterbear and wands are just a part of a highly detailed world.
WDW could build an additional Toy Story land over in MK and it wouldn’t be all that exciting to many because of the average original land at DHS. Same with Pandora- trees, greenery, and rock work and we never get to see it after dark anymore.

Kamikaze

But it’s the excitement for the future because the scope and experiences of the original two lands were so wonderful! Hogsmeade and Diagon are so fleshed out and full of amazing thematic elements. Butterbear and wands are just a part of a highly detailed world.
WDW could build an additional Toy Story land over in MK and it wouldn’t be all that exciting to many because of the average original land at DHS. Same with Pandora- trees, greenery, and rock work and we never get to see it after dark anymore.
If Disney stuck a second Savi's in another park, you'd all cry about it. And Savi's is a FAR better experience than the wand shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom