Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

cnw

hi first time on was just reading your post about the mummy just wondering why the mummy at universal orlando only has that short backwards motion and uvh goes backwards alot longer was it always this way

dxwwf3

The backwards portion in Hollywood is really good, but other than that it was kind of a disappointment. I would have rather seen a refurbished ET ride in that spot to be honest.

cheezbat

has anybody here experienced it before and is it alot better than universal orlandos version

While the Mummy animatronic, the cool skeletons coming out of the ceiling, and the longer backwards portion of the Hollywood version make the ride pretty cool, the Orlando version is indeed a superior ride.

Thrill Seeker

I hope it's the real logo, cuz I'd be glad if the "3D" part of it is taken out here. I like the simple sound and look of "TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE" without that "3D" bit throw in on the end.

In Hollywood and Singapore, it's known as Transformers The Ride 3-D. I'm guessing it'll be the same here.

Lee

Adventurer
I have received numerous messages today, stating that there are folks on other message boards claiming that the layout I posted for the Gringotts ride is fake.

I would like to state for the record that I NEVER knowingly post any fake or false information.

If something is told/given to me by a trusted source, I tend to believe it. Such was the case with the Transformers thing that seems to have been a fake. Fooled me. I admit that freely.

The Gringotts layout is absolutely genuine. I did it in Paint because I am not free to post the original plan document, so please do not judge its authenticity based soley on the quality of the rendering.

I'll add this...it came from this plan. Note: It is not a drainage plan.
gring2.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
I have received numerous messages today, stating that there are folks on other message boards claiming that the layout I posted for the Gringotts ride is fake.

I would like to state for the record that I NEVER knowingly post any fake or false information.

If something is told/given to me by a trusted source, I tend to believe it. Such was the case with the Transformers thing that seems to have been a fake. Fooled me. I admit that freely.

The Gringotts layout is absolutely genuine. I did it in Paint because I am not free to post the original plan document, so please do not judge its authenticity based soley on the quality of the rendering.

I'll add this...it came from this plan. Note: It is not a drainage plan.
View attachment 27964

I will back Lee up 100% on this one. The ride layout he posted on here is absolutely, positively, 100% accurate, as of this very moment in time. There is nothing phony. No fake plans. No foolery.

This information regarding Gringotts is real and true NEWS - without a single ounce of "rumor" to it.

erider

Hate to stir up the "OMG DISNEY WILL FORCE UNIVERSAL TO HAND OVER MARVEL!!?!!?!" talk, but a thought popped into my head. All those people that went on about Transformers taking over Spidey just a few months ago are now proven wrong. If/when Universal decides to let Marvel go, they wouldn't even have to keep the Spidey ride system in place with Transformers in the other park now. That building can be used for an incredible new attraction. :cool:

Take it for what it's worth, a friend of mine told me that while Disney can't force Universal to give up their Marvel land and theme park rights, Disney offered Universal a considerable amount of money to sell those rights to Disney. This would be why Universal is building Transformers in such a hurry, and the plan is to retheme Marvel Superhero Island and replace Spiderman with something different.

Again, I can't say where my friend got this info, but just wanted to share the info here.
Have the insiders heard anything about this buyout deal from Disney?

Lee

Adventurer
Take it for what it's worth, a friend of mine told me that while Disney can't force Universal to give up their Marvel land and theme park rights, Disney offered Universal a considerable amount of money to sell those rights to Disney. This would be why Universal is building Transformers in such a hurry, and the plan is to retheme Marvel Superhero Island and replace Spiderman with something different.

Again, I can't say where my friend got this info, but just wanted to share the info here.
No. It isn't true.

Tom

Beta Return

If I was Disney, I'd let Marvel run itself, act like a silent partner, and just keep cashing the royalty checks.

Personally, I have no interest in Disney developing the Marvel brand, or integrating it into the Disney parks - but that's just me. Uni can keep the Marvel stuff, and Disney can just cash the checks.

GLaDOS

And if Universal was giving up Marvel, I think they'd be rushing to find a way to retro fit TF into Spider-man's building, rather than spending 100 mill on a brand new ride.

Unless Uni has struck a deal for the rights of a certain Dark Knight.

JafarMaleficent

They tried to get those rights when IOA was being built. It fell through. The plans were quite ambitious basically making the batman island the star island. It even had its own nighttime show on the lagoon.

AswaySuller

If it were do you think they'd have bothered re animating spiderman?

cheezbat

If it were do you think they'd have bothered re animating spiderman?

Sure...why not? Then not only were the projectors replaced, but they were able to market this as a substantial upgrade to Spidey...just another reason to come back to IOA instead of just dropping a day at Uni Studios to check out Despicable Me, the new parade, and nighttime show.

JT3000

It costs a pretty penny to create animation of this quality. No one would have OK'd the upgrade if they intended to close the ride any time soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom