Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

AswaySuller

That's a pretty bold statement, don't you think?

Especially seeing as the event hasn't happened yet.

One thing I've come to learn is that no matter how drastic or rash something seems, as much as I am upset or shocked at first in the long run I trust universal.... They haven't let me down yet!

jt04

It is Transformers. I thought it would go where the old Hard rock was but now it seems pretty definite this is the Transformers I wrote about here first. (sourced from the Spielberg leak).

Main hope here is that the building will be high enough to hide the roller coaster that currently ruins so many sightlines.

Second point, this seems to be a perfect location for expanding the great facades in the area. Not all 4 sides of the building have to be themed the same way. Hopefully the warehouse look will be replaced by great facades.

The mouse should start getting concerned cause Uni is finally bringing their "A Game".

Finally!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's a pretty bold statement, don't you think?

Especially seeing as the event hasn't happened yet.

One thing I've come to learn is that no matter how drastic or rash something seems, as much as I am upset or shocked at first in the long run I trust universal.... They haven't let me down yet!
It was sarcasm. I'm making fun of those fans that scream anytime anything is changed.

HTF

Is Donkey appearing anywhere in the park?

Donkey will be returning in a new meet and greet experience. During the walk with Comcast Corporate a SVP loved it and wants to build upon it. Team members who were assigned here have been temporarily relocated. They want to keep the M&G in between shrek and TF's but due to construction and noise levels don't expect to see him return there until close to Summer 2013 once large scale external construction is complete. However they may have a temp program in the meantime but I have no info about that.

HTF

It is Transformers. I thought it would go where the old Hard rock was but now it seems pretty definite this is the Transformers I wrote about here first. (sourced from the Spielberg leak).

Main hope here is that the building will be high enough to hide the roller coaster that currently ruins so many sightlines.

Second point, this seems to be a perfect location for expanding the great facades in the area. Not all 4 sides of the building have to be themed the same way. Hopefully the warehouse look will be replaced by great facades.

The mouse should start getting concerned cause Uni is finally bringing their "A Game".

Finally!

I truly hope Disney feels it in attendance but I don't think they will which is sad. TDO doesn't feel threatened or at least enough to get off there bottoms. I would love to see WDI set loose with 3-4 major projects resort wide with openings over the next 5 years but here we are 2 years post potter with no answer.

Also as far as the facade work from what I have scene expect some variation of the Hollywood facade on one side. Which is a bummer IMO but still no idea about the NY side or shrek side. The Monsters side will all tie in together and feature a restaurant and Universals newest hit drink energon.

Also that small drink stand outside of Monsters closer to Twister will be changed to TF's theme as well. Expect to see Optimus and Megatron on top of it. Again a prime location to sell loads of energon.

Timekeeper

Donkey will be returning in a new meet and greet experience. During the walk with Comcast Corporate a SVP loved it and wants to build upon it. Team members who were assigned here have been temporarily relocated.

I wonder if they were able to find alternate roles for the Donkey actors at the same pay grade. A lot of them are often involved with other projects, such as in Bill & Ted's, so there's always that, but not all of the actors will be appropriate for the intended cast. I hope that they're not seeing a significant reduction in income because of these hiatuses and relocations.

Edit: Wouldn't it have been cool if Uni planned ahead for this and created a Donkey presence somewhere in the Shrek 4-D queue? Similar to Mr. Potato Head in the Midway Mania queue, but with "real" interactivity.

HTF

I am not familiar with how their pay structure is set up, but what I do know is they are extremely flexible with shifting associates around to make sure no one loses their job or many hours. With construction going on during park hours that alone created 250 hours or so of shifts to fill weekly.

Horizonsfan

I truly hope Disney feels it in attendance but I don't think they will which is sad. TDO doesn't feel threatened or at least enough to get off there bottoms. I would love to see WDI set loose with 3-4 major projects resort wide with openings over the next 5 years but here we are 2 years post potter with no answer.

Also as far as the facade work from what I have scene expect some variation of the Hollywood facade on one side. Which is a bummer IMO but still no idea about the NY side or shrek side. The Monsters side will all tie in together and feature a restaurant and Universals newest hit drink energon.

Also that small drink stand outside of Monsters closer to Twister will be changed to TF's theme as well. Expect to see Optimus and Megatron on top of it. Again a prime location to sell loads of energon.

Wait so is Monsters Cafe is being swapped for a TF eatery? Or just the drink stand out front?

jt04

Sounds encouraging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom