Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

AswaySuller

I guess we'll just have to sit tight and see....

I think transformers would really show they mean business and to green light this and potter would be one hell of a blow to Disney... It would actually take a lot of the sting out of losing jaws for me.

House of horrors would leave me feeling kind of unperplexed but hey... Itd be something we didn't have before so I shouldn't whine .

Only time will tell.....

Thrill Seeker

I'm curious as to when Universal is going to announce these. My guess is right around when Disney is going to open the Fantasyland Expansion (The Potter Expansion alone would steal Disney's thunder, but a new E-Ticket certainly would help). It's just strange because usually an attraction is announced before ground is broken on it's replacement. Jaws barely got a closing announcement and SS44 just got demolished without warning. All I know is that exciting things are afoot at Universal and I can't wait to see what they are...

cheezbat

I'm curious as to when Universal is going to announce these. My guess is right around when Disney is going to open the Fantasyland Expansion (The Potter Expansion alone would steal Disney's thunder, but a new E-Ticket certainly would help). It's just strange because usually an attraction is announced before ground is broken on it's replacement. Jaws barely got a closing announcement and SS44 just got demolished without warning. All I know is that exciting things are afoot at Universal and I can't wait to see what they are...

That's what's killing me...all this construction and not one single official announcement! Very unusual!

HTF

Site has gone into overdrive, and within a week we will see the beginnings of Nest's foundation.

HTF

Just an FYI Oceanneering is involved in this project now as is a lead from Transformers in Singapore. Oceaneering was responsible for building the Scoops in Spiderman as well as the EVACs in both Singapore and Hollywood. Coincidence?

AswaySuller

When will we know...

and by this I mean even if there is no announcement would there be a way of telling by looking at the construction.

JT3000

When will we know...

and by this I mean even if there is no announcement would there be a way of telling by looking at the construction.

There would be an announcement before you could tell visually what it is. A ride like Transformers just looks like a big, boxy building before it's themed, which happens late in the process.

JT3000

We know about Potter because the blueprints were leaked. I'm sure the same people will try to get the scoop on this project.

maxairmike

I'd hardly say its pure speculation. In fact, I'd put it almost in the same category as Potter V2 in terms of the worst kept secret for future projects, and it was really obvious from the start. Our excited scramble and some planted misinformation, however, caused some doubt and slight delay in settling on what now seems to be 99.9% certain to be Transformers. Once we have a leaked image or two we might as well wrap it up, put a bow on it, and send it TDO with a "best wishes" card.

The one caveat...that Oceaneering is on the project for a different theme using the same ride system. ;)

HTF

When will we know...

What were going to be looking for first is once the rebar enforced foundation is laid. We want to see rebar enforced concrete pillars that will be used to support a second floor. Transformers utilizes a second floor that requires another rebar enforced concrete floor between 6-8 inches thick. When we see those cylinders start popping up from the base foundation we will then know this attraction requires a heavily reinforced second floor. We can't really go by the Hollywood set up as they were required to build a structure that can withstand earthquakes, hence the crazy foundation and steel structure system that started 6 feet below grade.

Captain Chaos

What were going to be looking for first is once the rebar enforced foundation is laid. We want to see rebar enforced concrete pillars that will be used to support a second floor. Transformers utilizes a second floor that requires another rebar enforced concrete floor between 6-8 inches thick. When we see those cylinders start popping up from the base foundation we will then know this attraction requires a heavily reinforced second floor. We can't really go by the Hollywood set up as they were required to build a structure that can withstand earthquakes, hence the crazy foundation and steel structure system that started 6 feet below grade.

So what say you about our insiders here who are still saying this isn't Transformers???

HTF

I'm not here to argue my info with anyone, just simply stating what I have heard personally. The insiders here have a long standing reputation that I am not here to minimize or belittle. I respect what they have heard in there inner circle but hasn't one the best ones on here gone dark on this? Could be because someone bit on the decoy that was launched two weeks ago and is now in trouble. ;)

HTF

Also can someone give me a link to where there stating all of this? Possibly with the page numbers? This is a massive site and since they post all over the place its very hard to find.

Thanks!

AmongMadPeople

Two Coasts has been a lot of DL planning talk recently, I don't think they've discussed US much there. But this would have been a few weeks ago, so maybe I just forgot.

Last I saw inside scoop on Soundstage 44 was the NYT Universal thread, which I think has recently died. Here is a link to a post of mine which links to the NYT thread. Can't find the posts where anyone said "It's not Transformers" but I only made a cursory glace for specific avatars while scrolling through about 15 pages. May have missed them.

If there have been other threads discussing SS44, I haven't followed them.

Captain Chaos

Two Coasts has been a lot of DL planning talk recently, I don't think they've discussed US much there. But this would have been a few weeks ago, so maybe I just forgot.

Last I saw inside scoop on Soundstage 44 was the NYT Universal thread, which I think has recently died. Here is a link to a post of mine which links to the NYT thread. Can't find the posts where anyone said "It's not Transformers" but I only made a cursory glace for specific avatars while scrolling through about 15 pages. May have missed them.

If there have been other threads discussing SS44, I haven't followed them.

You're right, it was the NYT thread... Here Lee says it isn't Transformers and Martin said SS44 won't be an attraction per se, which to me sounds like it isn't Transformers...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom