Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Captain Chaos

I'm surprised at how fast they're ripping into it. It seems like they're being just slightly more exacting and careful about what they do than with the Jaws area, but not by much.

I'm wondering if that is because they plan on leaving one wall up and they don't want to damage that wall... Isn't that then considered a refurb and costs less for the permit and all???

JT3000

I'm wondering if that is because they plan on leaving one wall up and they don't want to damage that wall... Isn't that then considered a refurb and costs less for the permit and all???

I was wondering the same thing. One of the walls has "don't touch" spray painted on it.

cheezbat

I'm so curious what is going on with this...they moved on this thing super fast...and it really came out of nowhere, especially since this building was supposed to house a HHN house this year. Even if it is a walk through year round haunt, it sure got fast tracked super quick.

Captain Chaos

Take this for what it is worth but a very respected member on another site, someone who does get legit information, has posted that Universal Creative may have leaked misinformation last week....

maxairmike

I take it that would be the House of Horrors rumor? I wouldn't be surprised. This seems way too ambitious even if they do have dreams of opening something like that in time for HHN this year. Given how much they do on the "disposable" houses each year I doubt they could find the time or resources to try and plus House of Horrors for this coast if that was really the case between everything else they've got going on. It still seems very plausible, but...I wouldn't be surprised if it was a decoy.

Captain Chaos

I took it as they planted the House of Horror rumor too... Could be because Transformers leaked out the minute the permits were files... Theme Park Insider posted an article saying it was in fact Transformers... Then the House of Horrors rumors started floating..

Could be true... Could be House of Horrors... The member said the rumor is UC planted the a ruse last week...

GLaDOS

I took it as they planted the House of Horror rumor too... Could be because Transformers leaked out the minute the permits were files... Theme Park Insider posted an article saying it was in fact Transformers... Then the House of Horrors rumors started floating..

Could be true... Could be House of Horrors... The member said the rumor is UC planted the a ruse last week...

Theme Park Insider's post was much more "I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark" than actual info though.

Anything goes here, but I very seriously doubt they'll be putting Transformers here.

Captain Chaos

Theme Park Insider's post was much more "I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark" than actual info though.

Anything goes here, but I very seriously doubt they'll be putting Transformers here.

I doubt it is Transformers too... Just found it interesting that UC may have planted a fake story and it caught like wildfire... Question is, what is the fake story? LOL...

HenryMystic

I doubt it is Transformers too... Just found it interesting that UC may have planted a fake story and it caught like wildfire... Question is, what is the fake story? LOL...
The fake story is the Permanent Haunt. It popped up too quickly and conveniently at a time when no one knew what was going on. I'd say very few people know what's coming, still. The secret won't last long though. Once construction starts, it'll be easier to figure out.

Captain Chaos

The fake story is the Permanent Haunt. It popped up too quickly and conveniently at a time when no one knew what was going on. I'd say very few people know what's coming, still. The secret won't last long though. Once construction starts, it'll be easier to figure out.

Very true.... Now a member of that same site said a birdie told him a restaurant for character dining... I'm not believing that one either... In wait and see mode...

cheezbat

I hope it's not a character dining location. That's not really anything to get excited about at all. Now, the House of Horrors could be good, Transformers even better...but what if it was none of the above? What if its something completely new and original?

Captain Chaos

What ever it is, they fast tracked it... Which leads me to think it is something they either need really bad or is a project they think will blow people away... I can't see fast tracking a restaurant, not when they just reopened Cafe La Bamba... I could see them fast tracking to get the House of Horrors done for September, but I can't see any way they get SS44 demolished, debris carted off grounds, and the building up and open by the start of HHN.. including being staffed... But maybe I'm wrong...

maxairmike

Knowing a rumor was planted (although what I'm about to say could be the result of the plant, coming from a Special Projects person)...I'll repeat what I heard the day the permits came out; Transformers in 13 months.

That timeline seems more realistic to me, in terms of the building specifically, especially if it is a carbon copy of Hollywood with just necessary site development changes for things like ground stability/etc.

GLaDOS

Knowing a rumor was planted (although what I'm about to say could be the result of the plant, coming from a Special Projects person)...I'll repeat what I heard the day the permits came out; Transformers in 13 months.

That timeline seems more realistic to me, in terms of the building specifically, especially if it is a carbon copy of Hollywood with just necessary site development changes for things like ground stability/etc.

I don't think Transformers is going there. Too many problems with that placement.

Captain Chaos

Update: That same member who said UC may have possibly played a ruse has said the hammer has come down... I'm taking that to mean this was a ruse to find people leaking information... And now lips are sealed with Fort Knox locks...

He also posted this today:
Ok... really sorry for my vagueness. This applies to at LEAST three threads in some way but decided to post it here. Some things I have posted in these threads have been 'slightly' incorrect but not really incorrect. Major things appear to be happening in places they won't end up happening. If you see an out of place character on one attraction could it be image burn in? Objects in the reflection are not always what they appear... (phew, had to be careful how I wrote this. I didn't expect this info today... at all.)

Teebin is his handle... He posts in riddles when he can't post what he found out.... Good luck trying to figure this riddle out... LOL...

cheezbat

So confusing. Seriously though, Universal has to love all this speculation...all us fanboys going nuts getting excited over new projects...word spreads and it gets more and more people talking about the Universal parks. Why not leak some things?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom