Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Captain Chaos

As for IOA, I keep hearing or reading about a project once Potter opens... I was told, and no I don't believe it, that Marvel will in fact be out of IOA by the end of 2015, which puts it on course with the opening of Potter in USO... I guess anything can happen though... SS44 holds some keys though... Like I said, I don't see TF coming to USO if Kong is in fact the ride for SS44 using TF ride system, unless there is a different system for TF in USO, and that could be possible...

I'd really like to see the rest of Lost continent be transformed into Middle Earth and LotR...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Sounds like people believe SS44 is going to be Kong but with the Transformers ride system... Which, if that is the case, I wouldn't expect Transformers in USO unless TF gets a different ride system... Could it possibly be though that Universal is selling the rights to Marvel back to Disney, Kong gets SS44 and TF gets Spiderman???
Or is a Transformers clone necessary at all? I'd be perfectly happy with a Dinosaur/IJA-like thing happening with Kong here. It's not like we NEED the Transformers property here. It could always be around if they ever decide to sell back the rights, which I'd say is extremely unlikely right now, or they could always bring in the property in a different way if they absolutely want to have it here (like a 3D movie replacement for Terminator - I'll always dream of that happening, heh).

Captain Chaos

Or is a Transformers clone necessary at all? I'd be perfectly happy with a Dinosaur/IJA-like thing happening with Kong here. It's not like we NEED the Transformers property here. It could always be around if they ever decide to sell back the rights, which I'd say is extremely unlikely right now, or they could always bring in the property in a different way if they absolutely want to have it here (like a 3D movie replacement for Terminator - I'll always dream of that happening, heh).

Not necessary at all... In fact, I think a different ride system and different TF attraction would be much better for USO than a clone from USH...

novawildcat18

I think Kong could make for a pretty awesome ride if they used the same system as TF and Spider-Man. I know that the Kong 360 in USH has gotten good reviews but I just wonder how viable King Kong is as a franchise now. The 2005 remake wasn't really a fan favorite (at least from what I heard) and I haven't heard of any new Kong movies or anything coming down the pipeline. Do you really think that the franchise of King Kong will have enough popularity to drive away crowds from the new HP expansion?

Personally, I would definitely be excited about a ride like this because I think there is potential for a great thrill ride. But I would like to see if there are any other, more popular franchises that could take over this plot of land.

AswaySuller

Not necessary at all... In fact, I think a different ride system and different TF attraction would be much better for USO than a clone from USH...

Why though?

Most people don't/won't visit both...

Kong won't clone to that ride system.... Kong in Hollywood is very much "a tunnel" and that building doesn't seem to be anything like a tunnel.... for what it's worth I don't think they could make a new Kong film in that time either... which surely they'd have to do...

Personally, (although I'd rather see Kong back in the parks) I believe Transformers has more of a pull right now.... it's more in and it's an on going franchise.

Bringing TF to the park and this soon would be the best decision they'd made since buying the rights to Potter!

Captain Chaos

Why though?

Most people don't/won't visit both...

Kong won't clone to that ride system.... Kong in Hollywood is very much "a tunnel" and that building doesn't seem to be anything like a tunnel.... for what it's worth I don't think they could make a new Kong film in that time either... which surely they'd have to do...

Personally, (although I'd rather see Kong back in the parks) I believe Transformers has more of a pull right now.... it's more in and it's an on going franchise.

Bringing TF to the park and this soon would be the best decision they'd made since buying the rights to Potter!

Kong could potentially be used with the Transformers ride system... Then TF gets a new, improved system for Orlando... Imagine Transformers with a kuka arm???

AmongMadPeople

Admittedly, I have not been to USH to experience their Kong or Transformer rides. But my general opinion about what is good in a theme park is a high quality ride, regardless of thematic inspiration. King Kong is a classic, but doesn't have to feel dated just because it hasn't had a movie recently. I'm completely indifferent about Transformers as a franchise, so maybe I'm not the best judge for this debate.

fosse76

Whoa...wait a minute...Kong? Does that rumor actually have legs? If so, it's not an east coast version of King Kong 360 3-D were talking about, is it? Maybe the Kong flume that was proposed a few years back? That's what I'm hoping for.

I'm also really curious as to what they're thinking for to keep the people coming in at IOA.
They are building an e-ticket that connects both parks, which will require a two-park pass. That's what they're thinking.

Horizonsfan

They are building an e-ticket that connects both parks, which will require a two-park pass. That's what they're thinking.

Is it officially considered an E-Ticket (or the UO equivalent)? I know the Monorail at DL was an E when it opened? Are we placing this transport system on the same level?

HenryMystic

Is it officially considered an E-Ticket (or the UO equivalent)? I know the Monorail at DL was an E when it opened? Are we placing this transport system on the same level?
Yes, this will be an attraction as well as transportation. It will feature at least 1 show scene.

cheezbat

From the sound of it this will be one sweet transportation ride...far closer to an actual E-ticket than Little Mermaid!

Horizonsfan

Yes, this will be an attraction as well as transportation. It will feature at least 1 show scene.

I was well aware that it was an attraction as well. Just surprised that we're giving it E designation. I guess I assumed it was more in the D/C range, with Gringots being the E ticket.

From the sound of it this will be one sweet transportation ride...far closer to an actual E-ticket than Little Mermaid!

Sweet almost seems like an understatement, if whats been rumored is true.:)

HenryMystic

I was well aware that it was an attraction as well. Just surprised that we're giving it E designation. I guess I assumed it was more in the D/C range, with Gringots being the E ticket.
A contractor on the project said it will close to or will be an E-Ticket. The show scene should be quite impressive. From what he mentioned, it sounds like we will get an iteration of the Dementors on the Hogwarts Express scene from Prizoner of Azkaban. Train stalling, rocking, ice cold, and creepy hooded figures. Should be quite impressive. And don't forget that the stations will attractions in their own right. A recreation of Kings Cross St. Pancreas, Platform 9 3/4, and Hogsmeade Station are nothing to sneeze at.

HTF

Both of the new Potter attractions will be etickets. Add in Transformers and Kong and you have the DCA treatment for Universal.

maxairmike

Both of the new Potter attractions will be etickets. Add in Transformers and Kong and you have the DCA treatment for Universal.

So which is replacing a current attraction (Twister or T2:3D), and which is SS44? I really need to start poking around more...the UC plants have definitely been effective, and at this point I think our only tell-tale signs will be what gets erected on the SS44 plot, and if one of the two attractions I mentioned gets closed. A massive Megatron animatronic for a show, though...oh my!

Captain Chaos

The only thing we know about SS44 is that it will be a two story building... Now, does that mean it is Transformers or its ride system??? Maybe... It points more to yes than no... However, it may be the ride system just a different theme and not Transformers...

HTF

Its been rumored for well over 6 months that Transformers would come but in another form. Still not exactly sure its the Spidey Ride system but its looks as if it comes to 44 it will use that same tech. Just not sure if its Kong in 44 using the 3d ride tech and then transformers taking out t2 or transformers in 44 (clone) and Kong taking out Twister... The mystery deepens!

lazyboy97o

King Kong does not make much sense as a replacement for Terminator 2: 3D as that is situated in the Hollywood set. It would be a serious disappointment to see Universal, which has pushed the bar of themed entertainment, completely toss it aside and shove a story so associated with New York into Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom