Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think the question about the Jeep ride is, are we expecting it to be like the jeep ride in the movie....where we get attacked by dinosaurs? If so, then we're basically re-telling the same story that the River Adventure does.

Personally, I liked the HelicopTours idea better (but that was before Soarin')

DisneyFan 2000

But then again isn't every thrill ride that has a theme kind of a retelling of sorts? It always starts quietly, until something goes horribly wrong along the way and we're "trapped" in the middle of the chaos...

GLaDOS

I think the question about the Jeep ride is, are we expecting it to be like the jeep ride in the movie....where we get attacked by dinosaurs? If so, then we're basically re-telling the same story that the River Adventure does.

Personally, I liked the HelicopTours idea better (but that was before Soarin')

Eh. Helicoptours was just a simulator. Pretty boring if you ask me.

Disneyhead'71

I had heard a while back that UniCreative were looking at a "family friendly" amber mine coaster for the Trike plot. Then another group in UniCreative started to really push for Mt. Crumpit. I was told it would be Everst sized with a Matterhorn family friendly style coaster. With a "working Grinch AA (wink, wink)". So they started investigating a small footprint family friendly wooden coasters for the Trike plot.

There is a chance one, both, or neither could happen. But the plan is to have whatever come between Transformers and Potter openings. So, 2014.

Skunk

So, are we all agreed SS44 is TF now?

Everything seems to point to yes. If the Hollywood/Singapore exclusivity bit is actually true, I'm guessing something else probably on the same ride system and layout. We know now from permits it's definitely a ride of some kind, which tends to rule out the House of Horrors (unless it's a horror ride), so other major Universal and licensed properties like Fast/Furious or whatever are likely.

TalkingHead

I had heard a while back that UniCreative were looking at a "family friendly" amber mine coaster for the Trike plot. Then another group in UniCreative started to really push for Mt. Crumpit. I was told it would be Everst sized with a Matterhorn family friendly style coaster. With a "working Grinch AA (wink, wink)". So they started investigating a small footprint family friendly wooden coasters for the Trike plot.

There is a chance one, both, or neither could happen. But the plan is to have whatever come between Transformers and Potter openings. So, 2014.

So it could be like the Matterhorn that we didn't get with Everest?

A fun coaster with functioning effects, no lulls, and plenty of scenery...

Yes, please!

maxairmike

Just a heads up, foundation pouring has started. This thing is starting to move along to vertical construction very soon. It looks like we may see pillars being poured on the foundation section that was just poured within the month at the current pace. The rebar is already extending about 6-8ft. above the foundation.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
But then again isn't every thrill ride that has a theme kind of a retelling of sorts? It always starts quietly, until something goes horribly wrong along the way and we're "trapped" in the middle of the chaos...

Yes, but having both attractions on the same island do the same thing? That's the question

HTF

Just a heads up, foundation pouring has started. This thing is starting to move along to vertical construction very soon. It looks like we may see pillars being poured on the foundation section that was just poured within the month at the current pace. The rebar is already extending about 6-8ft. above the foundation.

Vertical walls sprouting from the basement will be visible within 48 hours.

AndyMagic

I assumed the addition to Seuss Landing in 2014 would be The Lorax given the success of that film and the fact that Illumination did great work on Despicable Me over at the Studios. Either way, my head would explode with excitement at the thought of Mt. Crumpit. I'm a little sad that you said there is a possibility neither could happen. Does that mean something else for IOA in 2014 or just nothing at all. I had heard that IOA getting a sizable attraction in 2014 was basically approved and they were just deciding which project to greenlight.

HTF

I'm reminded of a picture / report from a staff member at another website. The member went on to show a photo of several Universal employees just next to NBA City coming from behind Suess. The staffer said they took interest in the area behind one fish two fish and the cat in the hat.

No one has since mentioned this photo or report that I have seen anywhere. Months later the Grinch is being tossed around by numerous people here and there. Coincidence?

Captain Chaos

I'm reminded of a picture / report from a staff member at another website. The member went on to show a photo of several Universal employees just next to NBA City coming from behind Suess. The staffer said they took interest in the area behind one fish two fish and the cat in the hat.

No one has since mentioned this photo or report that I have seen anywhere. Months later the Grinch is being tossed around by numerous people here and there. Coincidence?

Isn't there a mural of the Grinch mountain range on buildings backstage that cannot be seen from inside the park but can be seen from the area Mt. Crumpit would go, thus completing the theme of the area?

GLaDOS

Isn't there a mural of the Grinch mountain range on buildings backstage that cannot be seen from inside the park but can be seen from the area Mt. Crumpit would go, thus completing the theme of the area?

They can be seen inside the park. They're on the side of Cat in the Hat.

djlaosc

So, looking at Google Maps, are there two different Jurassic Park expansion pads? The area that used to be "Triceratop Encounter" and an area behind "Thunder Falls Terrace", in between "Jurassic Park River Adventure" and "Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls" (could this area also be used for a Toon Lagoon expansion if not used for Jurassic Park? - the area currently used by the Toon Lagoon Theater could be another expansion pad.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom