Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

BigThunderMatt

Bets on how long it takes for Universal to make an announcement on something now that Disney has announced the opening date of the main portion of the FLE?

Tom

Beta Return
Bets on how long it takes for Universal to make an announcement on something now that Disney has announced the opening date of the main portion of the FLE?

Someone in the other thread made a good point. Uni isn't known for repeat visitors to the extent that WDW is. Thus, they may not want to announce that Potter 2 is coming next year for fear that people will say, "Aw heck, lets cancel this year and wait till it opens." Likewise with Transformers.

They want people to come now, THEN find out there's more being built, thus ensuring 2 visits from one guest.

GLaDOS

Someone in the other thread made a good point. Uni isn't known for repeat visitors to the extent that WDW is. Thus, they may not want to announce that Potter 2 is coming next year for fear that people will say, "Aw heck, lets cancel this year and wait till it opens." Likewise with Transformers.

They want people to come now, THEN find out there's more being built, thus ensuring 2 visits from one guest.

Yup. You'll probably hear about TF by the end of the year. Who knows when Potter will come about.

HTF

The announcement plan is being worked on by marketing. Potter is the issue, there's no arguing that. In my opinion they have to hold off on Potter until after Transformers opens but in reality I know they can't. It's to big for its own good so I think what you will see is one of three options listed below. No inside info here just my thoughts from a marketing perspective.

1. 3 Seperate announcements to include
FFL Replacement and Transformers for 2013
IOA attraction for Suess or JP and new IOA show for 2014
Potter for 2015

2. 2 Announcements to include
Joint announcement for 2014 and 2015 plans (2014 would have to be Grinch to work)

3. December 5, 2012 Joint Annoucement (Notice the seasons this is important)
FFL Replacement Summer 2013
Transformers December 2013
Toon Lagoon Show Replacement Spring 2014
Shrek Replacement Summer 2014
Mt Crumpit Fall 2014
Potter Summer 2015

If Universal chose to do option 3, it would be an unprecedented move. A total showing of pure firepower that would make any resorts heart skip a beat. Then you have to add in other projects that are going to move forward as well like the new resort, Kidzone for 2016/17, and numerous upgrades and offerings resort wide. It's a lot to digest I know but expansion of this caliber has never been seen in Central Florida and in the end we all win.

GLaDOS

^^^^Great post, and one of the reasons why I haven't bothered really wondering about the announcement times. There is so many balls up in the air right now, it's almost impossible to see when they're going to fall.

The last announcement scenario would be a nuclear bomb on the theme park world.

djlaosc

Potter is the issue, there's no arguing that. In my opinion they have to hold off on Potter until after Transformers opens but in reality I know they can't. It's to big for its own good.

They possibly could hold off on an official announcement for Potter for as long as they want (just like Disney did with BLT). Like BLT (which you could tell from the outside were "hotel rooms", but you couldn't tell whether they were DVC or normal rooms), you should be able to recognise that it is Potter, but you won't necessarily be able to tell what they are building (you'll know it's London/Diagon Alley, but not that it's the Gringotts Coaster and Hogwarts Express) - however, it you recognise Potter, then research online, you may then find out about those rides. But more Potter isn't a surprise - they've already announced that it is happening "somewhere" on USO Property.

TalkingHead

1. 3 Seperate announcements to include
IOA attraction for Suess or JP and new IOA show for 2014
Potter for 2015

2. 2 Announcements to include
Joint announcement for 2014 and 2015 plans (2014 would have to be Grinch to work)

3. December 5, 2012 Joint Annoucement (Notice the seasons this is important)
FFL Replacement Summer 2013
Transformers December 2013
Toon Lagoon Show Replacement Spring 2014
Shrek Replacement Summer 2014
Mt Crumpit Fall 2014
Potter Summer 2015

So is Grinch a likely addition at this point? (Or more likely than JP?)

HTF

Universal Creative has had plans to add the Grinch to Suess Landing in a major Eticket level attraction since before the park opened. It's always been on the back burner and will eventually happen but before a JP expansion, that I'm not sure. I will say though if it does come soon which personally I would like to think it does. We're talking a major Eticket attraction that would further cement IOA as the dark ride capital of the US.

TalkingHead

Universal Creative has had plans to add the Grinch to Suess Landing in a major Eticket level attraction since before the park opened. It's always been on the back burner and will eventually happen but before a JP expansion, that I'm not sure. I will say though if it does come soon which personally I would like to think it does. We're talking a major Eticket attraction that would further cement IOA as the dark ride capital of the US.

I would prefer the Grinch over JP, but I know there's talk of another JP sequel so that might factor into the thinking about which should be added first. Not that I expect the fourth JP to be wildly popular...

AswaySuller

Is there actually going to be a JP expansion?

IMO this is the most under utilised land in the whole park....

I can't believe there isn't a JP jeep dark ride... Kids love dinosaurs too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom