Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

AswaySuller

While in principle I tend to agree, they also move very quickly....then again, USH has the walk-around characters which are very SLOW.

That is one field which Disney could have done better, theoretically, is the animatronics

Yeah they'd be fantastic until they break and then we have bumblebee with a strobe light behind him for 6 years!

flynnibus

Premium Member
The scoop vehicles use no hydraulics. They use electric "screw actuators"

Ok, screws is a direction I had not considered. That would be easier to implement to transfer the movement in the correct axis, and allow for the axis to pivot easily. Holding is easier too in both powered and unpowered setups. Interesting...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Nothing from DarKastle should be replicated anywhere. By far one of the most disappointing attractions I've ever experienced.

It certainly needs work storywise and keeping effects going but otherwise it is the same system without played out characters. IIRC Spirit even enjoyed it outside of saying it needed some tweaks.

GLaDOS

It certainly needs work storywise and keeping effects going but otherwise it is the same system without played out characters. IIRC Spirit even enjoyed it outside of saying it needed some tweaks.

I've tried to enjoy it. I really have. But the story is incomprehensible, and I dunno if there are effects missing or what, but I can't tell what's supposed to be happening in a good amount of scenes.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I've tried to enjoy it. I really have. But the story is incomprehensible, and I dunno if there are effects missing or what, but I can't tell what's supposed to be happening in a good amount of scenes.

When did you ride it? The original version in 2005 was amazing, then parents complained and they changed scenes, took items out, let it sit as is, and stopped the pre-show. Finally this year it got some love and somewhat closer back to its original version with the pre-show now being back.

GLaDOS

When did you ride it? The original version in 2005 was amazing, then parents complained and they changed scenes, took items out, let it sit as is, and stopped the pre-show. Finally this year it got some love and somewhat closer back to its original version with the pre-show now being back.

I've ridden it the past 3 years. This year it didn't seem any better haha

RSoxNo1

I was totally lost in DarKastle. Obviously it's an impressive ride system, but Universal's usage of it was so much better.

drew81

Has anyone heard if Universal Florida might be getting the Transformers characters(Bumblebee and Optimus Prime) like they have in Hollywood?

The construction site is currently a MASSIVE hole. They have been moving at a furious pace on this project.

427286_3523554692834_1869968906_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom