Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

Timekeeper

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but more recently leaked artwork tips off the definitive replacement for Soundstage 44 -

mannheim_steamroller_ride_leak.jpg

o_O

shia_sorry_orlando.jpg

HTF

All three Transformers attractions in the end will all be equally amazing, but there is a good chance those in Cali and Singapore may be a little jealous with some possible planned upgrades in Orlando. More on this as time goes on as we're still a ways away from this coming true.

RockNation18

I hoping Universal makes the announcement for Transformers and for Harry Potter a few weeks before Disney opens of the Fantasyland expansion...the announcement will take the spotlight off of the long expansion of 1 ride thats already in DCA and a restaurant....Universal is actually putting money into E Ticket Attractions which Disney should be doing

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, Transformers will not use hydrolics in the ride... All electric.. Is this how it works in Hollywood???

I don't see how that is possible. Gear+motors isn't agile enough or responsive enough. Linear stuff takes way too much power for 'hold' positions (good for accelerating.. not good for holding) and would introduce new problems in safety/estop scenarios. Hyrdos are good because they can hold, be relatively fast, and pivot/move well.

The hollywood vehicles look generically the same as spidey's base. Long actuators. I'm sure there has to be some generational improvements.. but conceptually they look very similar.

Captain Chaos

I don't see how that is possible. Gear+motors isn't agile enough or responsive enough. Linear stuff takes way too much power for 'hold' positions (good for accelerating.. not good for holding) and would introduce new problems in safety/estop scenarios. Hyrdos are good because they can hold, be relatively fast, and pivot/move well.

The hollywood vehicles look generically the same as spidey's base. Long actuators. I'm sure there has to be some generational improvements.. but conceptually they look very similar.

Tell that to Universal... a permit update for Project 609 states: "No hydraulics to be used on ride.(all electric)"

I spelled hydraulics wrong in my original post... Oops LoL.

Bairstow

Here's to hoping the queue for this one is better than the one in Hollywood, which I think was intentionally designed to be easy to re-theme when/if the Transformers license is no longer as hot.

Is there anything that lends itself more naturally to being an animatronic than the Transformers?
I mean, they're already robots!

TalkingHead

All three Transformers attractions in the end will all be equally amazing, but there is a good chance those in Cali and Singapore may be a little jealous with some possible planned upgrades in Orlando. More on this as time goes on as we're still a ways away from this coming true.

After checking out the Spider-man upgrade, I can't wait to see what Transformers is like. I was blown away by the quality of the image in Spider-man -- I caught myself checking to see where the screen ends and the physical set begins.

maxairmike

No ride you still need hold power.

I can't think but this being info misinterpreted.

Are you talking the elevators used on the ride, or the scoop vehicles? I've heard that the scoop vehicles don't use hydraulics. And it isn't being misrepresented if its right there on the permits.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Is there anything that lends itself more naturally to being an animatronic than the Transformers?
I mean, they're already robots!

While in principle I tend to agree, they also move very quickly....then again, USH has the walk-around characters which are very SLOW.

That is one field which Disney could have done better, theoretically, is the animatronics

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While in principle I tend to agree, they also move very quickly....then again, USH has the walk-around characters which are very SLOW.

That is one field which Disney could have done better, theoretically, is the animatronics
Especially since Garner Holt is now doing Disney's animatronics...the same company that does a lot of Universals !

HTF

Those walk around Characters are among two of heaviest suits ever created. I applaud the guys taking 45 min shifts in those things.

cheezbat

If they bring the walk around Transformers here, I'm applying for the job! Lol

Seriously, I would LOVE to see some actual animatronics brought to our version of Transformers. Thats what I always dreamt of when I heard about a TF ride years ago!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom