Universal Demolishing Soundstage 44

JT3000

King Kong does not make much sense as a replacement for Terminator 2: 3D as that is situated in the Hollywood set. It would be a serious disappointment to see Universal, which has pushed the bar of themed entertainment, completely toss it aside and shove a story so associated with New York into Hollywood.

This is the same park that put The Mummy and Twister in New York. I think they're working with an "It's all just a backlot anyway" attitude at this point.

With that said, I haven't heard any reputable source say anything about a Kong attraction. There was a rumor a couple years ago of Kong replacing Disaster, but obviously nothing ever came of that.

AswaySuller

The transport I have always envisioned as being Kong from USH but with potter in stead...

That would certainly be an E ticket attraction!

HTF

Starting to hear some crazy things. As if the next partnership creative has on their hands is with Nolan.

cheezbat

Starting to hear some crazy things. As if the next partnership creative has on their hands is with Nolan.

If that's true....Universal is about to have one very happy person here. I love all of Nolan's films - especially the Batman ones!

novawildcat18

They sell Budweiser too it doesn't mean they're making an attraction based on it.
That logic makes no sense. However, I find it hard to believe that Uni was selling any sort of Batman merchandise due to the fact that Six Flags has the rights to DC Comics and as of now, Uni has never had any sort of rights to anything DC comic related. I do believe the rumors that Uni is in negotiations with Nolan for some Batman attraction because it would be incredibly popular if done correctly. I just don't think that Uni has had any prior rights to any DC Comics characters.

Captain Chaos

Wait, duh this just hit me... Nolan does not own the rights to Batman, DC does... They would be negotiating with DC for the Batman rights, along with Nolan if they want his version... I don't think Nolan could just give his OK without DC selling the theme park rights...

novawildcat18

Wait, duh this just hit me... Nolan does not own the rights to Batman, DC does... They would be negotiating with DC for the Batman rights, along with Nolan if they want his version... I don't think Nolan could just give his OK without DC selling the theme park rights...
This is definitely true, for Uni to be talking to Nolan, this must mean that Uni has already made some sort of agreement with DC. If the Nolan rumors are true, than this must mean that DC can come to Universal sometime in the future.

NemoRocks78

Seized
He did say 'Nolan'… not necessarily 'Nolan and his Batman.' I'm guessing it's gotta be Inception: The Ride then. Another "psychological thrill ride" from the creators of Revenge of the Mummy. :p

NemoRocks78

Seized
I doubt we're looking at some sort of Dark Knight ride here. No one's been talking about it, DC is all over Six Flags, and if they can even get the DC rights, why would they throw Batman in USF? Wouldn't you want to use that property as part of a potential Marvel replacement (which I still highly, highly doubt) in Islands?

hunty

That logic makes no sense. However, I find it hard to believe that Uni was selling any sort of Batman merchandise due to the fact that Six Flags has the rights to DC Comics and as of now, Uni has never had any sort of rights to anything DC comic related. I do believe the rumors that Uni is in negotiations with Nolan for some Batman attraction because it would be incredibly popular if done correctly. I just don't think that Uni has had any prior rights to any DC Comics characters.

was there in may and uni had loads of dc comics merchadise in the shop after the terminator ride but i dont think this means they are going to build a ride based on it. Personly i would like transformers to come to uni

HTF

Just going to throw it out there that Six Flags DC rights are distance and location specific just like what were seeing with Disney and Marvel. With that said no one has exclusive DC rights in the state of Florida. Hence why this is not the first time of a possible DC landing in Florida.

maxairmike

They are moving right along with grading the area. The only section of the plot that isn't being graded/smoothed is the corner next to the patio area of Monster's Cafe. Looks like they're digging around the pipes back there, but the asphalt/ground is torn up right to a few inches inside the wall pretty much all around the plot.

Captain Chaos

They are moving right along with grading the area. The only section of the plot that isn't being graded/smoothed is the corner next to the patio area of Monster's Cafe. Looks like they're digging around the pipes back there, but the asphalt/ground is torn up right to a few inches inside the wall pretty much all around the plot.

Haven't seen recent pictures, does that include the walkway as well??? and into the street a bit???

maxairmike

Yep. I managed to get a peek into the area thanks to the wind blowing a curtain barrier open on the side facing Shrek and then a gate that was left slightly ajar by the streets on the opposite side (note: I stayed within guest accessible areas, no part of my body crossed the line of the wall/barricades). Sidewalk and street have been ripped up except on the Shrek side.

Captain Chaos

Hmmm... with that ripped up, the square footage would be plenty to build.... eh, just going to wait for their announcement... no more guessing...

AswaySuller

Nolan seems kinda serious to me like too serious to do theme park involvement...

I also kinda got the impression that after this movie he's done with the franchise and is leaving it to rest.

I really can't see this rumour being in any way true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom