Universal announces yet another major attraction, Disney taking a nap

jt04

Phil Holmes goes to sleep at night with a doctor's salary and a big grin on his face knowning people like jakeman and jt04 will keep coming to the parks no matter what.

I have said before and I'll say again, I'm not going back to the parks until I feel they have made an effort to earn my business back. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this type lull at WDW. There is nothing new in how WDW's "business cycle" works.

I will probably visit DLR before I go to any parks at WDW. Now DTD is a different story. I'll still go there and some of the resorts from time to time. Just the way I approach the place.

MousDad

So we have WDW1974, who is sharply critical of the parks, yet still goes. And jt04 who would defend TDO until his dying breath, who is boycotting.

Makes perfect sense to me.

jakeman

I think something may be getting lost in the translation, jake, because I tend to agree with much of what you say ... I don't believe you are contrary just for the sake of it. I get your POV ... but I am not sure you get mine.
We go back and forth alot, and it is always a pleasure. It really is.

I understand about 90% of where you are coming from. I don't understand the constant harping on the bad things on an internet forum. It's yelling into the wind as far as I'm concerned. However, it makes for an interesting discussion, so I really do appriciate the fact that you post here. Whether you intend to or not, your agruments have just enough holes in them to stimulate conversation.

I understand my place as a consumer. While you may understand that place as well, it seems like you choose to ignore it and post your feelings in hope of provoking change. I can appreciate that, but I would rather make my complaints through the official channels and take my money elsewhere.

I don't defend management, I am just reluctant to blame them for something without a clear picture of the whole situation, something that is rare on the internet. Dining, PI, SGE are all areas where I see enough to say something and point the finger, other place I don't so I point that out in my post.

I don't think the place is perfect, most of the threads about dining and even SGE here should show you that, but I also think that the good still far outweighs the bad and I think my post reflect that.

We could go back and forth all day about who is more "hooked on the pixie dust". I can stop going at the drop of a hat if I become dissatisfied. It seems like many of you can't.

Phil Holmes goes to sleep at night with a doctor's salary and a big grin on his face knowning people like jakeman and jt04 will keep coming to the parks no matter what.
So do you actually read any post? Or do you just smash your face into the keyboard and hope that what pops out is a fact?

jakeman

Its just dawned on me how super you really are, big hand well done.
I'm not exactly sure what I have done to draw your ire, Pumbas, but I am not jt and I'm not going to get drawn into rambling back and forth with you.

If you have a complaint about the content or style of my post then please let me know, I would look forward to discussing it. However, if you are content with making snide remark trolling for a response, I won't be obliging you after this post.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Oh dear, you truly do come across as an odious and pompous individual. Many of the posts you make contain barbed, snide and sarcastic comments, which you seem to have a problem with when aimed at your good self. Double standards?

You talk in flowery prose about debate yet, certainly in my understanding of the term, you offer none. Your posts are generally no more than positive outlook, which while it is your opinion, offer less in terms of quantifiable facts or substance than those you try to denigrate.

As for not being JT, you two seem to be a double act.

No offence of course.

jakeman

Oh dear, you truly do come across as an odious and pompous individual. Many of the posts you make contain barbed, snide and sarcastic comments, which you seem to have a problem with when aimed at your good self. Double standards?
So addressing those comments constitutes a problem with them? Maybe I am just curious as to why you feel the way you do.

You talk in flowery prose about debate yet, certainly in my understanding of the term, you offer none. Your posts are generally no more than positive outlook, which while it is your opinion, offer less in terms of quantifiable facts or substance than those you try to denigrate.
Then you don't understand my point or my reasonings for posting. Facts are presented here with a slant to one side or another. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is also nothing wrong with taking those facts and presenting them in another way or looking at them in a historical context.

I'm also curious as to what facts you have added to this thread?

It sad that "positive outlook" has become such a pariah around here that it is an actual insult; and the only way not to be berated with the internet equivalent of pitchforks and torches is to enumerate the flaws in your vacation or jump on the bandwagon of blind blaming of upper managment with no critical thinking.

As for not being JT, you two seem to be a double act.

No offence of course.
I would like to think I am a little more level headed than jt. He seems to have trouble admitting when he is wrong.

However, I fully acknowledge that perception is different than reality.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
So addressing those comments constitutes a problem with them? Maybe I am just curious as to why you feel the way you do.

Perhaps if you read some of your comments across multiple threads you may see where I get the idea that much of the time your posts come across as aggressive and caustic in their construction.

Then you don't understand my point or my reasonings for posting. Facts are presented here with a slant to one side or another. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is also nothing wrong with taking those facts and presenting them in another way or looking at them in a historical context.

You use the term facts. Now unlike 74 who despite the tendency to name drop would seem to have some genuine access to info or folks with it, your posts seem to be no more informed than mine. A chap with some free time and net access at work. :shrug: If Ive missed something I will acknowledge my error.
I'm also curious as to what facts you have added to this thread?

None, I have nothing to give accept an opinion. But then we both know thats not really what you are getting at.

It sad that "positive outlook" has become such a pariah around here that it is an actual insult; and the only way not to be berated with the internet equivalent of pitchforks and torches is to enumerate the flaws in your vacation or jump on the bandwagon of blind blaming of upper managment with no critical thinking.
y.

I'm certainly not knocking a positive outlook, questioning perhaps the way it is being delivered, and certainly the dismissive way it treats those who post concerns. This, in my mind at least, is not comparable to that old site where they used to complain about chipped paint and themeing inconsistencies, this is about loyal brand users questioning their perceptions of decreasing value in their favourite brand any how the management have arrived at the decisions they are making. Perhaps more so because of the shambles that was the end of Eisners reign.

jakeman

Perhaps if you read some of your comments across multiple threads you may see where I get the idea that much of the time your posts come across as aggressive and caustic in their construction.
If that is the case then I will be more careful about the way I post. As you know, tone is hard to decern from text, so post that may be characterized as you have, were not intended that way. Thank you for your evaluation. I'll really will keep it in mind when I post in the future.
You use the term facts. Now unlike 74 who despite the tendency to name drop would seem to have some genuine access to info or folks with it, your posts seem to be no more informed than mine. A chap with some free time and net access at work. :shrug: If Ive missed something I will acknowledge my error.
I don't try and pass off my opinion as fact. I try to be clear that I am offering a different interpretation of the reason something is done. Nothing more.
None, I have nothing to give accept an opinion. But then we both know thats not really what you are getting at.
I'm not really getting at anything other than neither of us have contributed facts to this thread. Just like about 3/4th of the other posters here.
I'm certainly not knocking a positive outlook, questioning perhaps the way it is being delivered, and certainly the dismissive way it treats those who post concerns. This, in my mind at least, is not comparable to that old site where they used to complain about chipped paint and themeing inconsistencies, this is about loyal brand users questioning their perceptions of decreasing value in their favourite brand any how the management have arrived at the decisions they are making. Perhaps more so because of the shambles that was the end of Eisners reign.
It dismissive because of the lack of perspective concerns are often delievered in. Look at the title of this thread and other around here. Information is not presented in any neutral way. If you just look at these thread titles you would think WDW was going to either go bankrupt or burn down tomorrow.

Thank you for responding Pumbas.

PeaceIsFree

UGHHH.
I misread and thought you said that ALL of the new attractions were coming to Orlando.
I got so excited... :cry:
I'd much rather see Kong and Transformers at Orlando.
A bit greedy? :animwink:

hack2112

Transformers may make it's way over to Orlando, but it'll be a little while before that.

In other Universal news, Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit! has begun test rides, and while the lift hill is currently very slow, the rest of the ride looks top-notch.

And it'll have a magic carpet for continuous loading, so it's capacity will match that of the Hulk, despite its smaller cars and trains.

jt04

So we have WDW1974, who is sharply critical of the parks, yet still goes. And jt04 who would defend TDO until his dying breath, who is boycotting.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Because the issues I want to see addressed are almost entirely out of TDO's scope. That's why Joe Rohde says things like he knows his place in the scheme of things. WDW74 exploits this fact for his own agenda(s).

MousDad

Because the issues I want to see addressed are almost entirely out of TDO's scope. That's why Joe Rohde says things like he knows his place in the scheme of things. WDW74 exploits this fact for his own agenda(s).

Shame. You'd be a heck of a lot of fun at a wdwmagic meet.

jt04

Do I get a prize if I play?

Okay, have it your way. So your problem is with WDI I take it?

Not at all. WDI only does what it is "commissioned" to do. I don't have a "problem" with anyone at TWDC. They are focused on DCA right now and they have limited resources in the creative areas. Now, once DCA is largely finished at the Imagineering level, then I would have a problem if they don't start some projects at WDW.

And I am not boycotting per se. I just quit going during the dry times at WDW. They have to draw me back with compelling attractions even if it is just a Blue Sky Cellar or Atrium that talks about those plans. That is just how I roll.

Thanks for letting me clarify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom