Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

novawildcat18

Many times. Pretty sure at least book two. Harry meets them at Gringotts for the first time. They are at the desk swapping muggle money for wizard money to buy Hermione's school items.
Oh, I'm sorry, I was under the impression that we were still talking about Hogwarts. But yeah, I think that sounds pretty familiar, about the Grangers being in Diagon Alley.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here is an article from Inside the Magic. Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative and executive creative director for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley answered or half answered a bunch of questions.

Q: Will Gringotts Bank really have a dragon perched on top?
A focal point of the released Diagon Alley artwork is the fire-breathing dragon sitting on top of Gringotts Bank, which will house the area’s main new ride. When asked if that dragon will really be part of the area or if it’s just there for the rendering, Coup jokingly replied, “It’s not in my illustration. Did you get one with a dragon on it?”
But getting serious, Coup did reveal that the dragon will indeed be part of Diagon Alley.
“It was such a big part of the stories and the last book. So yeah, we’re bringing the dragon to life as well and the dragon will be doing some cool things, the way dragons do things, you know?”

fractal

Ok, that dragon breathing fire would be awesome! Those not wanting sound like those that complained about Alien Encounter.

AndyMagic

What is that area to the right of the concept art? It looks almost like those covered shopping arcades they have in London.

The London area comprises all the buildings in the foreground. What you are referring to will be another part of the Diagon Alley section. Everything seems to indicate that area will be the exit area for the Gringotts attractions.

Disneyhead'71

Theiry Coup confirmed the Dragon. And also said that Gingott's will be a "family friendly" attraction. I would imagine that the height requirement will be 42" or even lower.
I should have added that Ricky Brigante is the one that said Thierry Coup confirmed the dragon. So how credible is Ricky?

Here is an article from Inside the Magic. Thierry Coup, senior vice president of Universal Creative and executive creative director for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley answered or half answered a bunch of questions.

Q: Will Gringotts Bank really have a dragon perched on top?
A focal point of the released Diagon Alley artwork is the fire-breathing dragon sitting on top of Gringotts Bank, which will house the area’s main new ride. When asked if that dragon will really be part of the area or if it’s just there for the rendering, Coup jokingly replied, “It’s not in my illustration. Did you get one with a dragon on it?”
But getting serious, Coup did reveal that the dragon will indeed be part of Diagon Alley.
“It was such a big part of the stories and the last book. So yeah, we’re bringing the dragon to life as well and the dragon will be doing some cool things, the way dragons do things, you know?”
This still doesn't confirm that it will be on top of the building, just somewhere in Diagon Alley. Gringott's is in Diagon Alley so it could still be inside and Thierry Coup would still be accurate in his response.
I know for a fact that there will be an impressive dragon inside, but I am beginning to doubt the one on top of the building. And even if there is one on top, I don't think it would be on the cupola at the front of the building but over the central glass rotunda. And the really strange thing about the concept art is that Gringott's is represented as JUST the front tower without the central glass rotunda or even the rest of the front facade connected to the front columned tower.

ThemeParks4Life

I should have added that Ricky Brigante is the one that said Thierry Coup confirmed the dragon. So how credible is Ricky?

This still doesn't confirm that it will be on top of the building, just somewhere in Diagon Alley. Gringott's is in Diagon Alley so it could still be inside and Thierry Coup would still be accurate in his response.
I know for a fact that there will be an impressive dragon inside, but I am beginning to doubt the one on top of the building. And even if there is one on top, I don't think it would be on the cupola at the front of the building but over the central glass rotunda. And the really strange thing about the concept art is that Gringott's is represented as JUST the front tower without the central glass rotunda or even the rest of the front facade connected to the front columned tower.
If it helps, Robert Niles from Theme Park Insider confirmed it.

HTF

I'm still not thinking the dragon is going to be perched on top. Of all the interviews I've read I still haven't seen where he said the Dragon will be chilling on top of Gringotts. If you ask me, someone is having fun with the blog community that is responsible for all these leaks.

He knew what concept art was being released, its the same one that was ready to go months back. So to play it off and then never actually say its going to be there is just a little odd. I could understand if there was one that popped out every now and again but to be perched up there, is just ehhh...

rufio

I am so excited about this expansion! I never thought I'd say this, but I think we might have to make a special trip just for Uni!

bubbles1812

No. Those that don't want it are called Harry Potter fans. lol
You always do this... Pretending to be the spokesperson and expert of all Potter fandom. It gets old. It was always clear this expansion was going to be a reflection of the later books. I think the dragon on top, if it does come, will look just fine. And if you really need that "relaxing Diagon Alley" just dont look up or close your eyes. Oh the horror of things not exactly conforming to how you want them...

grandmath

I'm still not thinking the dragon is going to be perched on top. Of all the interviews I've read I still haven't seen where he said the Dragon will be chilling on top of Gringotts.

But when asked - specifically - about the dragon on the concept art :

So how closely will it resemble what’s in the artwork? Very, says Coup.
“The illustration is pretty accurate there, actually.”
If the dragon is not perched on top in the end, I don't see how the artwork can be accurate to his eyes (just when before, he told that the general layout in the artwork is not totally accurate because it's just a promotional piece).

WadesWorld25

To be honest I was a little bummed that they didn't make some huge announcement like they did with Transformers, right before the Cinematic Spectacular. Or maybe they will....I thought it was a brilliant move on Universal's part they way they announced Transformers and I want them to continue to do that for all new attractions...at least the big ones and this is a BIG ONE! They haven't gone into specifics just yet with the general audience so it would be cool if showed us Diagon Alley, Gringotts and of course the Hogwarts Express before the nighttime show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom