Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

lazyboy97o

I thought the front of the park was supposed to look like set buildings?
As @disney fan 13 stated, the building is not done up to look like a soundstage. What bothers me the most is that it is made up to look like three floors that are all much larger in implied floor-to-floor height than the nearby facades, making the large, ugly structure appear even larger and more imposing.

JT3000

The funny thing is, the "third" floor is the same height as the second. It would've been difficult to theme the building well from all four sides, but it could've used some forced perspective at the very least.

I don't think a dragon in Diagon Alley would be "stupid," in fact I think it would make for a cool and unique centerpiece, but I'm not exactly obsessed with how well anything fits the HP canon. Don't really care for the series, just want a good attraction.

disney fan 13

I like Transformers building... I think it's themed pretty well, actually. But that's besides the point.

If I couldn't see it from every single part of the park I would let it go, but it's a big industrial stickered looking building that you can see from New York, London, Kidszone, everywhere.

BryceM

If I couldn't see it from every single part of the park I would let it go, but it's a big industrial stickered looking building that you can see from New York, London, Kidszone, everywhere.
It was inevitable, due to the location. It's just a giant E-Ticket in the middle of the park. You can't hide it with one fancy facade... It's visible from all sides.

BryceM

I don't see what else they could have done... Originally I was hoping for NY facades, but I realized that would look Incredibly awkward given the height of the building compared to the heights of the other New York buildings. Same goes for making it a soundstage. Glad they didn't do a mural.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
He said there would be a Dragon, he left everything else vague.

I'll let people draw their own interpretations....

Q: Will Gringotts Bank really have a dragon perched on top?
A focal point of the released Diagon Alley artwork is the fire-breathing dragon sitting on top of Gringotts Bank, which will house the area’s main new ride. When asked if that dragon will really be part of the area or if it’s just there for the rendering, Coup jokingly replied, “It’s not in my illustration. Did you get one with a dragon on it?”
But getting serious, Coup did reveal that the dragon will indeed be part of Diagon Alley.
“It was such a big part of the stories and the last book. So yeah, we’re bringing the dragon to life as well and the dragon will be doing some cool things, the way dragons do things, you know?”

ParentsOf4

Well gee, the ride is RIGHT NEXT TO NEW YORK. Didn't I say you can see it close up? And by bridge I meant the Simpsons bridge.
Universal Studios is supposed to be a "studio" and so, like DHS, I like the studio lot feel of the various areas, knowing that in a real studio, they'd only care about certain sightlines.

OFTeric

I am at Unversal every weekend, and at first, I was like "that is all" with the Transformers building, now that I am used to it being part of the skyline, I don't see it at all.... NEST is hidden in plain sight! lol

But to the WWOHP, I was in a helicopter yesterday, and I must say from the sky it is even more impressive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom