United Kingdom at Epcot to Celebrate the Royal Wedding...

LinaBelle

I started watching the wedding around 6 in the morning since I had to go to school around 8 and I just have to say it was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and I wish both William and Kate the very best and a very happy marriage. :)

Prototype82

I do hope someone posts photos of the pavilion decorated. As for the Wedding, I watched some recaps this morning. William and Kate make a charming couple. And really, it would only make sense to celebrate the royal wedding in the pavilion. Personally I would have gone all out and broadcasted it there in the pavilion. Would have cost a bit to set that up though. xD

Ralphlaw

It is extremely huge because:
A. He will be the future king.
B. Princess Diana's Son
C. Royal Wedding
D. The people of England love him
E. People love Fairy Tale weddings.
F. Many more but I am giving up.

And don't forget:
A. Commentary on fashion from effeminate British men.
B. Going bowling while my wife and her friends watch endless coverage.
C. Having to wait to find out who the Packers drafted.
D. Fanatical Royal watchers interviewed in all their ridiculous glory on street curbs.
E. Footage from Chuck and Di's wedding, along with her funeral procession.
F. Really crazy hats.
G. Scary celebrity sightings from freakish past their primers like Elton John.
H. The back ends of horses.
I. Pavement deposits from horses.
J. Well dressed twits who never did an ounce of work in their lives.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love England, and my invitation must've gotten lost in the mail. But, honestly, how good can a wedding be without barrels of beer, sauerkraut and a polka band? I'd rather be at Epcot, waiting for Illuminations.

Raven66

You forgot the most important reason of all - we've been given a day off work to celebrate!

People seem to have a real downer on this wedding and I just can't understand why. Wills is out future king :king: and - more than that - he is a genuinely lovely guy and I wish him and Kate all the luck in the world.:sohappy:

I was actually wondering about this. With all the people there they either all called in sick or they got the day off.

And who is cleaning up after all those horses??:lol:

Thorpyness

You're dead right it's History, History that other countries can't match, because they simply don't have it. British Royalty can be traced back 1200 years.

Raven - It was declared a national Holiday ! We get another on Monday, and another next year for the queen's 60 anniversary. (60 years on the throne, not 60 yrs old, she's 85).

Ralphlaw - Diana Married Charles, not Chuck.

As for having to wait to find out who your Packers have drafted, surely the fact this is bumped shows how important it really is. It's just people dressed in a shiny plastic coating chasing eggs and throwing them to each other. Surely you have sports channels that will show this. Even our sports channels weren't overrun with the wedding.

hemloc

If those people had any cajones, they would disolve the monarchy. Can anyone say BIGGEST WELFARE RECIPENTS IN THE WORLD, lol??

hemloc

But, honestly, how good can a wedding be without barrels of beer, sauerkraut and a polka band?

Gawd, I miss living in Milwaukee!! I could seriously use some KOPP's frozen custard right about now... And some deep-fried cheddar cheese curds :wave:!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If those people had any cajones, they would disolve the monarchy. Can anyone say BIGGEST WELFARE RECIPENTS IN THE WORLD, lol??

Yes we would be so much better off if we had a head of state based on the ability to raise campaign funds. It might cost much much more than the existing system, but look at the benefits of having someone like Clinton, Bush and the Oirish Muslim as head of state. It means so many more people can dine from the public purse as donations are repaid in kind.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

You were of course aware that the Queen Mother (and by extension her family) is the second-richest person in Great Britain? So she and the Royal Family are not exactly living on the dole.....

dave&di

You were of course aware that the Queen Mother (and by extension her family) is the second-richest person in Great Britain? So she and the Royal Family are not exactly living on the dole.....[/QUOTE

Exactly! Wise words. The Royal Family cost UK Taxpayers about £1 a year. I'd even be willing to pay £1.05 !

yankspy

I have to say that it was a little sad. There was just a total lack of tradition. I mean it is pretty bad when some of the royals show up in party busses. I know it was different because it was a private wedding and not a state wedding but they could have dressed it up a little.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that she is not really royalty in the traditional sense.

eddiemcgarrigle

There was a wedding? Really? Funny that, nothing in the media at all. :rolleyes:

As an ancestral son of Jacobites, I really couldn't give a toss for a false royal line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom