Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But that raises a big issue...Disney has so many things to take care of that they can't just focus on wdw...so many seem to forget that

Disney has created the proverbial animal they wanted. Now they need to find their way into competing with all of the others in the jungle. Part of that has to be a focus on WDW and more than just FLE and an expansion we have yet to hear anything concrete about......

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Exactly. :)

I am psyched about Shanghai DL. And I'm willing to bet I'm the only here planning on being there on Day 1 (unless I can convince my fellow hater Lee to join me). But no matter how amazing something created for that park may be, it is of no moment to a discussion on WDW's parks being stale.

Once I know some more details, if they're as good as I expect, I could go there opening day. I love being in Asia anyway...seem to be going to some part of Asia on an annual basis.

WDW1974

Could you please put to rest your self-invented hate word for people that have faith in Disney, the very company this website was created to discuss their love for? It's very old.

Nope.

It isn't/wasn't created by me ... I got it from someone at WDI (a REAL life Imagineer type) and it was/is used by quite a few in the industry.

It's also not a hate word. I'm a fanboi too ... or I wouldn't be here.

Do I poke fun at the fan community? Absolutely. Is any of it meant to be mean-Spirited?

Ah ... um ... for the most part, nope.

~Proud Disney Fanboi Since 1974!~

bullsforthewin

Disney has created the proverbial animal they wanted. Now they need to find their way into competing with all of the others in the jungle. Part of that has to be a focus on WDW and more than just FLE and an expansion we have yet to hear anything concrete about......

True, but you have to be realistic with expectations...Disney can't spend billions on new rides every year like some haters expect.

I respect you right now because of your maturity and reasoned arguments

WDW1974

So are you saying that Disneyland has since completely changed the attractions that were there on opening day? No. A lot are still there in the same form they have always been in and they keep drawing crowds.

No.

But if you take a look at DL, most of what was there in 55 is no more ... so many things have come and gone. And that's as it should be.

Somethings you leave forever, like say the RR and the castle ... the basics.

And most of them have changed over the years too.

But you're ignoring my basic point about RoE needing to be replaced by tossing out this line of discussion. ... How many night shows from 1955 DL are still playing? How about how many night shows from 1985 DL are still showing?

Again, I'm a RoE lover. But it was never meant to be a permanent show. It was designed specifically for 18 months for the Milennium, but extended (like everything is) 'due to guest demand' (which means it was cheaper to keep it and take the Y2K references out of any pre-show narration).

OK, been fun ... see y'all a little later.

~Fun Spirited Fact: He has an amazing singing voice!~ :xmas:

disney fan 13

True, but you have to be realistic with expectations...Disney can't spend billions on new rides every year like some haters expect.

we are ( or most of us ) realistic with our expectations. it is a realistic dream for rides to be kept in good shape ( like soarin ). it is a realistic dream for disney to open a new ride in Epcot or animal kingdom ( avatar is still 6-7 years so that is not a answer.)

P.S i am not a hater, but a lover

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

The "haters" medium may not be enjoyed, but their message is not off the mark. Bear in mind the FLE budget is in the hundreds of millions (I believe, but am not 100% certain of the final figure), and early numbers tossed about for a potential Avatar expansion could be half a billion. Toss in the monies being spent on Next Gen and you're literally at at billions being spent. Now I'll admit I'm fairly neutral when it comes to the Next Gen stuff (not crazy about the data mining idea, but the new queues aren't onerous for me), but I do think some of those resources could have been better spent on a new attraction in DHS or EP.

bullsforthewin

we are ( or most of us ) realistic with our expectations. it is a realistic dream for rides to be kept in good shape ( like soarin ). it is a realistic dream for disney to open a new ride in Epcot or animal kingdom ( avatar is still 6-7 years so that is not a answer.)

P.S i am not a hater, but a lover

I was on soarin last month and it was fine to me...maybe I got lucky

bullsforthewin

The "haters" medium may not be enjoyed, but their message is not off the mark. Bear in mind the FLE budget is in the hundreds of millions (I believe, but am not 100% certain of the final figure), and early numbers tossed about for a potential Avatar expansion could be half a billion. Toss in the monies being spent on Next Gen and you're literally at at billions being spent. Now I'll admit I'm fairly neutral when it comes to the Next Gen stuff (not crazy about the data mining idea, but the new queues aren't onerous for me), but I do think some of those resources could have been better spent on a new attraction in DHS or EP.

Im with you partially...I think shanghai is taking up a lot of their focus...with aulani done and the fantasy almost done their focus can shift back to epcot and dhs

lebeau

It is another discussion, but I am not saying that the tech should be ignored in the work place or home or where it belongs.

Theme parks you experience. You could compare them to a concert ... or a fine meal ... or a walk on the beach ... or etc.

There is no need for smartphones in a theme park setting beyond telling your friends at home 'hey, suckers, sorry you are working and its 31 degrees, but I'm in line for TT at EPCOT and then headed to lunch at San Angel Inn -- hope they still serve Tostitos chips and salsa!'

Disney should absolutely not ignore the tech, even in P&R, but it should not be part of the experience for guests. WDI shouldn't be having blue sky sessions saying 'how can we create an adventure in Pirates where people can use their tablets'.

That is just so point blank wrong.

I hold this truth to be self-evident.

raven

Again, I'm a RoE lover. But it was never meant to be a permanent show. It was designed specifically for 18 months for the Milennium, but extended (like everything is) 'due to guest demand' (which means it was cheaper to keep it and take the Y2K references out of any pre-show narration).

Hoopdedoo was also supposed to be just a short run and no one has had any problem with it being the way it has been for years and years.

And spending huge amounts of money on a show to change it "just because it's old to me" isn't reason enough to change it. Not saying that another show will never take it's place, but currently it still draws in the crowds and people love it.

disney fan 13

I'm just saying that since you keep talking about soarin being broken it was not when I was there last

i was trying to use that as a example because you said you liked it.
but yes it was in bad shape when i was there. don't know what to say about that since my friend who was there this month has told me the same things i reported so...:shrug:

bullsforthewin

i was trying to use that as a example because you said you liked it.
but yes it was in bad shape when i was there. don't know what to say about that since my friend who was there this month has told me the same things i reported so...:shrug:

Is it obvious or small...because if it was a small line I might of missed it

Bairstow

How is it a stretch? It is the same ride system just they added a 3d screen...the sense of motion can be done with those other rides since it is the same ride technology...

Before you dismiss what was accomplished in Spiderman as being "just a screen," you should watch this:

[Youtube]9rJqA4ivyQw[/Youtube]

Now i know you are just being an apologist...both rides are very jerky....Hulk is somewhat jerky but Dragons is so bad...i damn near had a headache all day because of dragons....

Sorry, but I don't know what rides you are riding. Spider-man is far from jerky, and Dragons is still very, very smooth. Hulk is a different story, but Dragons is still in great shape.

Unless something has happened in the last couple months, I agree.
I rode both dragons at least 2 times each this past August and they were very smooth for B&M inverteds, much smoother than, say, Montu at Busch Gardens.

Queue was manageable too. This was in the middle of summer and the only time I waited more than 10 minutes to ride was when they shut down the tracks to add third trains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom