Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

WDW1974

I think he would be too ashamed and his "ego" wouldn't let him go back to a job he held before. He literally had his empire swiped out from under his feet by the largest shareholder vote of no confidence in business history. And he was operating with the help of one of the most corrupt (as in blindly supporting the CEO) and non-independent Board of Directors of the time AND he had the unanamous support of Disney's largest shareholders (Sid Bass and Roy). When Roy stopped supporting Eisner and Bass had to sell his stake in the company, Eisner didn't have much left. Eisner basically worked for Bass and himself.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing him back, as long as they only gave him a CEO/Chief Creative Officer role and hired a President and Chairman that was not buddy buddy with Eisner...perhaps they should tap Spirit for the position. :animwink:

Michael has had his fill of the type of position he had at Disney. I sincerely doubt you'll ever see him running a large corporation of any type. And while I never say never about anything ... I think I'll say he'll never have any role with Disney again (except, perhaps, providing content at some point).

But this Spirit would work with/for him anytime.

While his last years at the company were a disaster, anyone who thinks Disney is being run better under Iger's watch is deluding themselves. He has no passion for anything other than his own ego and bank account.

If you've ever seen him in person, then you know he can't even fake sincerity. Considering he started as a weatherman, you'd have thought he'd have that part down to a science.

~OLTL~

Slowjack

I like both but I know i am one of the few who misses the Tarzan show. :sohappy:
Hey, I miss it too! I only saw it once, and that was when a cast member talked us into trying it because it was just about to start. Turns out it was a wonderful show and I wished I had been seeing it every trip. I wonder if there were lots of people like me who were turned off by the goofiness of the name and concept and never tried it?

Captain Chaos

In other news it seems dudley doo has gone done for refurbishment

something that his disney friend also needs but will not get this year

Dudley Do-Right was in major need of it... I remember the day I was there in October we couldn't get on the ride cause it was shut down... They opened the ride when park opened, but within 2 hours of park opening, ride was closed... We checked a few times, and gave up...

disney fan 13

Dudley Do-Right was in major need of it... I remember the day I was there in October we couldn't get on the ride cause it was shut down... They opened the ride when park opened, but within 2 hours of park opening, ride was closed... We checked a few times, and gave up...

ya i am just glad it's getting one...

EDIT: word on the street is that rip ride rockit is getting new trains

cheezbat

we'll see about that one...I've heard the rumor...but part of me thinks its just that...and that they may do some other work instead.

They close Dudley down annually for at least a minor refurb. I would like to see some more done with that ride too.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
we'll see about that one...I've heard the rumor...but part of me thinks its just that...and that they may do some other work instead.

They close Dudley down annually for at least a minor refurb. I would like to see some more done with that ride too.

Didn't Dudley just go down for half the year because of fire? Why would they need to close it again?

Sounds more like a cost-cutting measure because they figure no one will want to ride it in the coldest month of the year.

Pioneer Hall

Didn't Dudley just go down for half the year because of fire? Why would they need to close it again?

Sounds more like a cost-cutting measure because they figure no one will want to ride it in the coldest month of the year.

It was closed for 2 months after the fire, and they really only spent the time repairing what was affected. Like Splash, I believe Dudley usually closes for a month in the winter for a clean up.

djalan

Why would Disney care about Harry Potter?

I heard some while ago that Disney gets a percentage of admission ticket sales, concessions and merchandise from Universal due to the Marvel agreement, if that is the case, IMO it wouldn't really matter all that much if Potter is pulling guests for a day or two from WDW. And since both Marvel and Potter are located in the same park (for the moment), they are at least doing well off the admission percentage.

If Islands of Adventure does well so does Disney.

If you ask me - it's the best of both sides of the financial coin. Disney is making money off their competition. It isn't the amount they would make off one of their own attractions - but they don't have to spend any money marketing or operating it and still get a percentage of the income.

AndyMagic

I heard some while ago that Disney gets a percentage of admission ticket sales, concessions and merchandise from Universal due to the Marvel agreement, if that is the case, IMO it wouldn't really matter all that much if Potter is pulling guests for a day or two from WDW. And since both Marvel and Potter are located in the same park (for the moment), they are at least doing well off the admission percentage.

If Islands of Adventure does well so does Disney.

If you ask me - it's the best of both sides of the financial coin. Disney is making money off their competition. It isn't the amount they would make off one of their own attractions - but they don't have to spend any money marketing or operating it and still get a percentage of the income.

This has been discussed to death but the licensing agreement Universal has with Marvel does not involve a percentage of ticket sales or concessions at all.

culturenthrills

I think MK has hit that same time that DL was in a few years ago where everything was falling apart and needed to be refurbed. BTMR has been in dire need of a refurb and it is finally getting it. Hopefully it won't be like SM where they will still be fixing things for months afterward. I really hope after the FL expansion is done they finally do a complete overhaul of Peter Pan because that ride has been a joke for years.
Potter is a game changer in Orlando and I expect the expansion to boost Universal attendance even more. Avatar may be the highest grossing film of all time but it does not have the fan base that Harry Potter has or even Star Wars has. I have young niece and nephews who are star wars fans and one wasn't even born when the last one came out. HP and SW will be around for years to come. No matter how much money Avatar grossed it simply doesn't have the fan base.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom