Uni waiting for Marvel Buyout from Disney?

BigTxEars

That's a very dismissive mindset. For instance, you could have an attraction where the guests are SHIELD Agents in training. And, it's currently a separate franchise than the MCU, but I keep envisioning an X-Men Danger Room attraction in my head and smiling.

That could be cool :)

I think the SHIELD ideal works a bit better because of the fact that there would be a training environment for that if it really existed.

gigasteve

I always wondered if Disney would work out a deal to get Avengers in Orlando. So essentially pay Uni to make Hulk into the Wolverine and have full control of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

lazyboy97o

And?

There are dark rides, water rides and coaster at both parks as well.
Ride system is not quite the same as the narrative.

I always wondered if Disney would work out a deal to get Avengers in Orlando. So essentially pay Uni to make Hulk into the Wolverine and have full control of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
What leverage would Disney have for such a deal? Universal can ask for any amount of money.

Matt_Black

What's the Uni equivalent of "pixie-dusters"? Because I think quite a few have been in this thread.

People criticize Disney for not immediately having plans for a Frozen ride, whereas Uni has done nothing to capitalize on the MCU films for six years and counting and the rebuttal is dismissive non-answers like, "They don't wanna" and "Coming up with innovative superhero attractions is HARD!"

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What's the Uni equivalent of "pixie-dusters"? Because I think quite a few have been in this thread.

People criticize Disney for not immediately having plans for a Frozen ride, whereas Uni has done nothing to capitalize on the MCU films for six years and counting and the rebuttal is dismissive non-answers like, "They don't wanna" and "Coming up with innovative superhero attractions is HARD!"
Potter-Trotters?

StageFrenzy

Wand-Strokers. I don't think any “wand stroker” is criticizing Disney for lack of frozen ride plans. They have been criticized for a thus far poor response to the meet and greet demand. It’s getting better with the frozen march and increased princesses and times. The MCU isn’t uni’s to capitalize on, Universal has the rights to the comic versions of the characters. Uni has used the opportunity to sell more Marvel merch. A portion does go to Disney but that is a goose and gander situation. At the moment MSI is still super popular with hulk and Spiderman, after potter was built they concentrated on shoring up the studios first with Rockit and then with TF before DA was open. Now that DA is about to open they are shifting their focus back to the studios. They could a) open a new attraction on someone else’s IP orrrr b) build an attraction based on their own IP. We know which one they chose.

Matt_Black

Yeah, they wound up getting the rights to Hagar the Horrible and Heathcliff! That'll get the youngsters into the parks! And people criticize the Avatar deal....

Voice of Disney sanity

I
Here is a simple question: What incentive does Disney have to change the current arrangement with Universal Orlando?

Disney gets a paycheck from them now and does not have to do anything for it. Why should they give up this income and spend money to add Marvel to a Florida park? They can add Marvel everywhere else without changing any contract terms or paying Universal anything.
I can answer that question....because it is bad business. Hear me out. As long as universal has Marvel in its park, disney cannot seriously add any major marvel component to its parks especially in the US because it could seriously backfire on them. Quite a few people already think universal is part of WDW especially low information visitors. If they start to add things in other parks it will only add to that confusion and serve to legitimize Universal even more. When disney starts promoting Marvel in DLR it will only drive Florida tourists to universal. They know this and it's probably why they're not doing anything yet

Matt_Black

Easy there fellow sapien, looks like you are going ape. You and Universal seem to have somthing in common.

Hmm... Strike a nerve, maybe? Well, perhaps I'm wrong about Heathcliff. I mean, people love that silly orange cartoon cat when he squashes a spider or eats lasagna or... Oh, wait, that's Garfield. Heathcliff does... Uh... He's beloved for... Wait, wait, no I got this....

WDWDad13

How about
potter-squatters

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They're not allowed to, as per Disney's acquisition. So there's that.
Besides, is two E-tickets and a flat ride not enough for you?
Yeah, they wound up getting the rights to Hagar the Horrible and Heathcliff! That'll get the youngsters into the parks! And people criticize the Avatar deal....
And ANOTHER two E-tickets in IOA...
As evidenced by Splash Mountain, the source material hardly matters if the ride is done RIGHT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom