Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

NearTheEars

I agree. Teamboat is 1,400 feet long, and was billed as the world's longest (not sure if it still is).

Side note...I worked at BB when I was a CP in 2000. It was actually when the belt was added to Teamboat. About once a month our managers would let us stay after park close to "play". One of our favorites was grabbing the toboggan mats and heading down Teamboat, probably about 30 of us at the same time. It lengthened the ride quite a bit as we battled our way down. Only thing better might have been going down DDD with a deflated tube and skipping across the water and hitting the barrier at the bottom.

Then there was the guy who took the mat down Summit...head first. That might have been our last play night, but they were great times!

YIKES! I was terrified of Summit just sliding the normal way.

Figment2005

Dunno.. they seem to have the landscaping and integration and not just some rides plopped down on a concrete pad.. as most water parks are. It looks like it will be on par with a TL or Discovery Cove on those fronts.
The difference is that at Typhoon and Blizzard, the majority of the rides are integrated somehow into the main themed structure. This is not the case with Volcano Bay. There are a few slides in the volcano, but everything else is on normal slide platforms with minimal theming.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The difference is that at Typhoon and Blizzard, the majority of the rides are integrated somehow into the main themed structure. This is not the case with Volcano Bay. There are a few slides in the volcano, but everything else is on normal slide platforms with minimal theming.
I know that... but you set the comparison to 'any water park'.... not TL/ BB. And I was referencing specific elements... the landscaping. Which adds a huge value vs the traditional regional water park

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

This is my problem as well. Thematically, VB is quite weak compared to Disney's 20+ year old water parks. I'm sure it'll have fun slides, but those are dime-a-dozen nowadays. The brightly-colored slides are hideous.

Figment2005

I know that... but you set the comparison to 'any water park'.... not TL/ BB. And I was referencing specific elements... the landscaping. Which adds a huge value vs the traditional regional water park
I was under the assumption that Disney's parks were going to be grouped in with my statement. I should have been clearer.

Next Big Thing

Adventure Island, a 35+ year old water park in Tampa, is an incredible landscaped park, most slides are hidden and the park is literally sitting right next to pedestrian roads, yet you would never know it from the inside - you don't even see the roads from most slides.

ToTBellHop

You'll be burnt at the stake if you go on the Volcano Bay thread on the Universal forum saying that you know :rolleyes:
Thank goodness I chose to be a member of a WDW fan forum 15 years ago, not Universal.

I'm sick and tired of Universal getting a free pass every time they do anything just because they are trying something new while Disney gets crucified in the national spotlight every time some moron slices a finger off not following the rules. Universal is treated like a 2nd grader and Disney like a doctoral candidate. There again, Disney is still the best in the business.

Magic Feather

Thank goodness I chose to be a member of a WDW fan forum 15 years ago, not Universal.

I'm sick and tired of Universal getting a free pass every time they do anything just because they are trying something new while Disney gets crucified in the national spotlight every time some moron slices a finger off not following the rules. Universal is treated like a 2nd grader and Disney like a doctoral candidate. There again, Disney is still the best in the business.
I will say though, the UniGoggles (that are both worn on and off of most of their rides) are starting to fade, and fast. Fallon and Fast back to back will not work in their favor.

UpAllNight

I will say though, the UniGoggles (that are both worn on and off of most of their rides) are starting to fade, and fast. Fallon and Fast back to back will not work in their favor.

Off the back of Kong too...they've taken a surprising turn for the worst. People are holding out for Nintendo, but it's a worry that without a third party outsider their execution is flawed. I say this as a fan of both resorts, but the realisation regarding Pandora is really starting to hit home and is going to sink some hardcore Universal fans.

More surprisingly for me, rather than the additions...it's the lack of additions in certain areas. Jurassic Park is a home run, but the area and signature attraction is looking jaded, unless there's some third gate plan in there somewhere. They have the marvel rights, yet they've been slow to update the marvel area, and took a weird direction with the hulk rebuild.

I will probably love Volcano Bay...because I love Aquatica...and this looks like Aquatica. With an impressive Volcano, and a night show....and more multi person raft rides which are a hoot. I'm looking forward to the fast river, but then that's also a highlight of Aquatica.

roj2323

Sorry but this is a very inaccurate statement. In addition to the 3 drop slides in the top of the volcano the lazy river travels through it as well as the water coaster. The wave pool as well as a secondary unidentified pool is also incorporated. There's a ton going on with the volcano and it's not just a prop.
C6CEAykWAAE7RE3.jpg:large

No Name

The bird animatronic (I assume that's Mary Oceaneer?) is actually pretty cool. Of course, you only see it for a few seconds as you pass, but I'm sure it'll come as a neat surpise to most. Can't think of another waterslide with an animatronic. Is this the first?

The attraction as a whole... sure, it's not the best thing since sliced bread, but it's certainly a welcome and unique addition. I'm glad this got built.

roj2323

I just wanted to point out that we found out about this project only 9 months ago and construction only started a little more than 6 months ago. By disney standards this was Quick! I hope we see more projects of this scope and speed at the water parks soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom