Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

hpyhnt 1000

According to the website: Board a treasure raft and hit the high seas for family fun during the longest ride in the history of the Disney water parks!

That must be one slow conveyor belt...

EDIT: Looking again, it is a fairly lengthy conveyor, so maybe it really is the "longest" water park ride. Still slightly misleading as it's not all flume or slide.

Also, new aerial of the ride:

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 12.04.03 AM.png

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

True. Summit Plummet is still my favorite and that's a 4 second ride.
This is certainly no summit plummet, however it doesn't need to be. This will help ease the often incredibly long waits for Teamboat Springs and it's also something to promote, which is it's main purpose.

I do think that Disney should add a breakaway drop slide like they added on the Disney Magic, at Aquatica (Ihu's Breakaway Falls) or like will be at Volcano Bay. I would say that Blizzard Beach should get this type of attraction, but they already tend to have the more thrilling line-up of attractions.

BB definitely needs an addition though and I do wonder if we'll start to see permits for a new ride like how @danlb_2000 found the ones for this ride last year. BB has never had an expansion and with VB opening, it may need the marketing bump next year as it's always slightly lagged behind Typhoon anyway in yearly numbers and this year TL has something to promote.

Last edited:

PiratesoftheHM

BB definitely needs an addition though and I do wonder if we'll start to see permits for a new ride like how @danlb_2000 found the ones for this ride last year. BB has never had an expansion and with VB opening, it may need the marketing bump next year as it's always slightly lagged behind Typhoon anyone in yearly numbers and this year TL has something to promote.

It is so odd to me that TL does better than BB. BB has a much better kids area, more unique theming for a water park, and more intense thrill rides. It is also a giant pain in the rear to get to from the Disney resorts. The wave pool at TL is great and Crush n' Gusher is pretty good too, but that's about it for me.

Also, this ride looks pretty bare and disappointing. Wasn't the lift originally supposed to go through a small hut show scene?

Next Big Thing

It is so odd to me that TL does better than BB. BB has a much better kids area, more unique theming for a water park, and more intense thrill rides. It is also a giant pain in the rear to get to from the Disney resorts. The wave pool at TL is great and Crush n' Gusher is pretty good too, but that's about it for me.

Also, this ride looks pretty bare and disappointing. Wasn't the lift originally supposed to go through a small hut show scene?
Looking at how long that lift is, they could've full enclosed it and had actually dark ride sequences, similar to Splash mtn on your ascent up the big hill. That would've made the ride uniquely Disney.

What we have is an off the shelf ride with some props.

Biff215

Definitely very misleading about the length. If you were able to ride up the belt at Teamboat, I would think that would still be the longest? I'm also a little disappointed that the conveyor isn't being utilized for more, and think I'd prefer the themed ride up BB's chair lift.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Doesn't really look that long once you start down the slide. Seems so basic and certainly not cutting edge. :( But I guess it will help with congestion at the park.

that's my first reaction too... I'm sure it'll be fun... but for a new attraction... it's almost like they were push to do SOMETHING quickly and on the relatively inexpensive side just to get something in before Uni's new water park

CJR

that's my first reaction too... I'm sure it'll be fun... but for a new attraction... it's almost like they were push to do SOMETHING quickly and on the relatively inexpensive side just to get something in before Uni's new water park

I agree with this.

I would be pleasantly happy if the slide had something besides darkness in the covered portions. With all the projection effects and small touches I've seen in other slides, I'd love if somehow Disney at least did something with these. The technology's there for it. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be a nice surprise if they did something.

The wave pool at TL is great and Crush n' Gusher is pretty good too, but that's about it for me.
That's primarily why. Especially before CnG, the water parks were pretty equal. The water coaster is a huge draw for the park. In addition to the wave pool, although I personally like Blizzard's better (I've never been a fan of the hard waves at TL, personally).

I do think that Disney should add a breakaway drop slide like they added on the Disney Magic, at Aquatica (Ihu's Breakaway Falls) or like will be at Volcano Bay. I would say that Blizzard Beach should get this type of attraction, but they already tend to have the more thrilling line-up of attractions.
I agree 100%. The ice themeing could make for a very fun slide. It's also probably not all that costly to add. Of course, I would really love it if BB would get a water coaster like Crush n' Gusher. That's a bit more expensive though, especially since they would have to get more creative with space at BB.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
EDIT: Looking again, it is a fairly lengthy conveyor, so maybe it really is the "longest" water park ride. Still slightly misleading as it's not all flume or slide.View attachment 192240

That's marketing for you. In the theme park world, you get a lot more traction off an addition if you can say it's the biggest/tallest/fastest/first/longest/most inverted/most expensive something-or-other. Creative marketing folks will always find a way to make one of those statements true... even if it's not that impressive of a statement when you really look at it. For example... tallest roller coaster (in the state of Maryland), most expensive addition (in the past 5 years), first (in the southern U.S).

Personally, I'm okay with it. The lift (as minimally themed as it may be) is part of the attraction. You (typically) don't count a roller coaster's ride time after you clear the lift and the same is true for log flumes, so if you are riding in the raft while going up the hill on this, why should it be any different? Some parks even count the pre-show time as part of the "attraction time" of a new attraction. Would it be better/more acceptable if the lift was significantly more themed? Of course, but it is what it is.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The ice themeing could make for a very fun slide. It's also probably not all that costly to add. Of course, I would really love it if BB would get a water coaster like Crush n' Gusher. That's a bit more expensive though, especially since they would have to get more creative with space at BB.

The origin of the roller coaster was people sliding on boards down icy hills. Would be really neat for Disney to play off of this at Blizzard Beach with an ice castle themed water coaster. Use the clear acrylic tubes that they use on the cruise ships (or maybe still clear but slightly blue tinted) and have the slide go in and out of an ice castle (preferably something designed specifically to NOT look like Elsa's castle).

Absimilliard

Contrary to what we've been used to from WDI, this is not an "off the shelf" design that they bought quickly. They went with Proslide even if they are the most expensive water slide designer in the world and they booked long enough in advance to get a delivery slot for this year. Proslide has been so busy and booked up for so many years their own water park project in Ottawa, Canada has stalled since they can't even slot the slide pieces on their own production line!

The slide design is completely custom and I am wondering this: what kind of raft will they use? I saw they will be 4 person rafts, but will they be the circular ones seen notably at Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach or the CLOVERLeaf Raft used since 2003?

CLOVERLeaf raft:

funnel_14.jpg

Disney Analyst

Contrary to what we've been used to from WDI, this is not an "off the shelf" design that they bought quickly. They went with Proslide even if they are the most expensive water slide designer in the world and they booked long enough in advance to get a delivery slot for this year. Proslide has been so busy and booked up for so many years their own water park project in Ottawa, Canada has stalled since they can't even slot the slide pieces on their own production line!

The slide design is completely custom and I am wondering this: what kind of raft will they use? I saw they will be 4 person rafts, but will they be the circular ones seen notably at Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach or the CLOVERLeaf Raft used since 2003?

CLOVERLeaf raft:

funnel_14.jpg

Here's a photo taken by bioreconstruct... Shows the tube rafts.

C5jlH5OWMAI8zgz.jpg

Absimilliard

Here's a photo taken by bioreconstruct... Shows the tube rafts.

C5jlH5OWMAI8zgz.jpg

Thank you!

They probably did for height restriction reasons, as the CLOVERLeaf rafts usually have a 48 inches height restriction while the round rafts can have a 40 inches height restriction. I figure the loading area is the curved river at the bottom that is before the lift hill?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you!

They probably did for height restriction reasons, as the CLOVERLeaf rafts usually have a 48 inches height restriction while the round rafts can have a 40 inches height restriction. I figure the loading area is the curved river at the bottom that is before the lift hill?
There is no height restriction on the ride as far as I know.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
From this picture, there appears to be three separate belts. I assume that this is used to space out the rafts. They will float freely to the first belt which runs partially under water. Then they get transferred to the 2nd belt where they are held before being moved to the continuously moving, long 3rd belt.
upload_2017-3-3_15-23-44.png

Although, I could be completely wrong. I'm just guessing here. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom