Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

JoeCamel

I might have missed the post on a reason...But, why was the name changed...The first one sounded better IMO...
falls-550x418.jpg
miss.jpg

Have you googled "Miss Fortune"?

No Name

I might have missed the post on a reason...But, why was the name changed...The first one sounded better IMO...
falls-550x418.jpg
miss.jpg

I agree that the first name sounded much better, and I'm not 100% sure why it was changed. Disney didn't give a reason.

Seems like it had something to do with the League of Legends person... maybe they didn't want people to mistake an association between that character and the ride, or maybe it was actually a copyright issue.

MonorailMan

Great POV! Sure, it certainly isn't the tallest or fastest ride, but that doesn't take away from this ride at all. It is a FAMILY raft ride after all, and for families, this will be a great attraction. And the theming around the attraction and during the ride is actually quite nice. Again, nothing over the top, but Disney did a nice job with this attraction and it is a welcome addition at Typhoon Lagoon. Now, Blizzard Beach...

Tom Morrow

I hadn't been following this and I watched a POV and thought that it must be over backstage areas due to the lack of views. Looks like I was right, from the arial view.

I guess you have to remember that it would be pretty hard to add new slides to Typhoon Lagoon that are incorporated into the mountain or rockwork like the original slides.

Also, Typhoon and Blizzard were built as pretty complete experiences from the beginning and have always sustained good attendance, so they haven't exactly needed to enhance them.

Last edited:

andysol

So it is 50 seconds on the lift and 1 minute on the ride- that's fine. The ride was decent too for what it is (a no height requirement family friendly ride).

The lift certainly seems lacking still. One more show element on the right and the crate swinging back and forth and doing a fake fall (like in Jurassic park river adventure) every couple minutes would've made this excellent. As it stands I'd say really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom