Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Surely a relaxing ride up a conveyor belt chilling in the Florida shade is an enormous improvement over hauling all that gear up endless stairs like at rest of Typhoon?

Up and down stairs. Because at the storm slides you go up 196 steps and down 45 for some reason.

Yes I counted last time I was there. 237 at Blizard beach for runoff rapids in case you were interested.

ryguy

Slide-wise, BB has better slides than TL.
On some of TL's slides, you're practically dragging on the bottom of the slide - and I'm a less than 170lb. guy.
So, while I prefer TL to BB for the theming and the wave pool - I believe that it benefits more from the addition of a new slide or two than would BB.
Good points, I think I agree. TL slides are kinda weak. Do love the theming of TL over BB too.

TyTrap

Please forgive my ignorance but I haven't been following this story much, is this anything ground breaking for a water slide? Any effects?

flyerjab

Just saw this Bioteconstruct photo on Twitter this morning. The new slide is pretty much assembled already. It is in the top left corner of the photo.

IMG_6714.JPG

Goofyque'

Sure will need a lot of large mature trees to hide the backstage area from guests view to avoid bad show.

That is also what has been so much fun, watching the maturing of both waterparks (and all the parks, for that matter). I remember thinking that when BB first opened, and how much lusher it is now. I'm excited for the new attraction, and willing to "give it a minute" for the final plantings and staging.

mm121

did they destroy anything to build this? or is it being built in that beach area between crush n gusher and shark reef?

I'm still disappointed that they choose to close the shark reef, it was a unique attraction not found elsewhere

i'd be curious to know the real reason they decided to close it

doctornick

did they destroy anything to build this? or is it being built in that beach area between crush n gusher and shark reef?

I'm still disappointed that they choose to close the shark reef, it was a unique attraction not found elsewhere

i'd be curious to know the real reason they decided to close it

I think the consensus was just cost sadly -- the shark reef was relatively costly to run. If would be nice if, once this ride is done, they will use the shark reef footprint to make another addition to the park.

mm121

I think the consensus was just cost sadly -- the shark reef was relatively costly to run. If would be nice if, once this ride is done, they will use the shark reef footprint to make another addition to the park.
that's unfortunate
i miss the old disney that was controlled by making the best guest experience rather than the bean counters

they'll prolly just turn it into a beach,

or they could just put in one of those flow riders that are a bunch of places now, that wouldnt be the worst thing, just hope they'd build a bunch of them since most places just build one then it has a super long line

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom