Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

FigmentsFangirl

Let me get this straight, I said I was going to try to talk to a CM, possible an Imagineer if I'm lucky enough {Not gonna ask a bus driver, though the last guy was kind enough to put the heat on that one day it got cold}. They close Figment, they get a truckload of angry park gowers and Epcot will become a ghost town. Plain and simple. It'd be a nightmare for Disney company if they up and shuttered Imagination and Figment

Now; say they are closing for refurbishment -Just for the sake of debate- There are no defined dates given, just a simple "we're closing up the section at the end of the year for refurb needs" no reason why, so all we the parkgoers can do is speculate on what's really happening.

I mean, for all we know, there could might as well be a sinkhole under the ride that needs to be addressed.

But like I said, I'm going to wait until I can get full confirmation from a CM that works in the area {or even on the ride itself} before taking this thread at full strength truth.

That does not mean I wont be around, this thread is good disccussion

Fairybuzz

Let me get this straight, I said I was going to try to talk to a CM, possible an Imagineer if I'm lucky enough {Not gonna ask a bus driver, though the last guy was kind enough to put the heat on that one day it got cold}. They close Figment, they get a truckload of angry park gowers and Epcot will become a ghost town. Plain and simple. It'd be a nightmare for Disney company if they up and shuttered Imagination and Figment

Now; say they are closing for refurbishment -Just for the sake of debate- There are no defined dates given, just a simple "we're closing up the section at the end of the year for refurb needs" no reason why, so all we the parkgoers can do is speculate on what's really happening.

I mean, for all we know, there could might as well be a sinkhole under the ride that needs to be addressed.

But like I said, I'm going to wait until I can get full confirmation from a CM that works in the area {or even on the ride itself} before taking this thread at full strength truth.

God I hope theres no sinkhole. I just have a feeling in my bones that if they have to tear down the building well get the dreaded cramped box, without the pretty fountains without the colors, without grace or charm, just LOUD!!!! ACTION!!! TOTAL!! MEGA!! ULTRA!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! CLASHING! BOOM!! stuff made of twisted metal action movie-esq banners and epileptic fit-inducing flashing lights. oh and it'd probably be 1/3 the size.

I had a dream last night that they painted the concrete parts black grey and silver and put in a really bad roller coaster. The rollercoaster whizzed by scenes too fast to comprehend and spent most of its time mimicing space mountain. Now thats prob (hopefully) not what their going to do, but It'd be just as well if they made it grittier or more techy or more "boy toy" (IE a ride focused on stereotypical male interests) like that they should paint it black and silver and grey. It'd be the perfect successor to what came before! Bright blue and white the sky in bright daylight happy light care free. Then Orange and sunset colors, the sun sets as the pavillion falls its waning decay as the more natural wonders are paved over to build a factor...lab. Then the next color MUST be black! black as night for the death of the pavilion. When the sun was setting there was still hope for a revival, stil some rays of sunshine, but at night all is dead quiet. But some day as the dust of the Iger Administration clears, the dawn might come. Some idealistic type may rise to power with dreams money nor physical limitations will crush. Kinda like the man who started it all, who will reverse it all....maybe

^ wow! Thats what happens when I say up late! I kinda wanna write a story for this now lol!

Wikkler

These guys?

shrek3_donkeyskids.jpg
Oh dear god the one in the middle right... o_O

lspicknall

If imagination is simply closed it would seem like TDO's long term plan for Epcot would be to use all the future world pavilions for events and charge $100+ so you can eat and drink in world showcase.

Wikkler

If imagination is simply closed it would seem like TDO's long term plan for Epcot would be to use all the future world pavilions for events and charge $100+ so you can eat and drink in world showcase.
Yeah, pretty much.
They're going to remove all the shows and rides in the World Showcase and Future World... Just restaurants and bars in World Showcase and a concrete wasteland in Future World... Quite an accurate future I must say.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Do you really think the average guest will care?

WDWFan_Boston

Yeah, pretty much.
They're going to remove all the shows and rides in the World Showcase and Future World... Just restaurants and bars in World Showcase and a concrete wasteland in Future World... Quite an accurate future I must say.

I hope I just missed your sarcasm there. You really think they are going to gut the front? For what purpose?

I admit, they don't seem to have any sort of long-term plan for Future World at this point. It just seems like they are plugging (some) holes. But gut The Land, Living Seas, Test Track, Mission: Space?

double-facepalm.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom