Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Rodan75

since its topical - a new (july) upstairs imageworks video

This just reminds me that I never spent much time upstairs, not a fan of the 'discovery zones' in any of the pavilions. I love the original ride, but at this point, RIP to the original Immagination Pavilion ( and to the rest of the original EPCOT )

I hope Figment gets adopted by the Muppets or the Monsters.

Hopefully someone has a plan for Future World. I won't hate different, I just want something good and worth my time and money.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As others have pointed out that was just a legend. The real reason is that TWDC began to notice that more and more guests were bored to death by Horizons. In good conscience Disney closed the attraction before any serious illness or injuries were caused. They also experienced a very similar problem over at World of Motion.
I'm slowly getting your humour....

ToTBellHop

If only mission space had taken over wonders of life...horizons was the heart of Epcot. Granted, the fact that Epcot can't have a pavilion dedicated to medicine is appalling especially when we get a fluff piece on automobile design that's neither futuristic (really) nor worldly.

SirLink

If only mission space had taken over wonders of life...horizons was the heart of Epcot. Granted, the fact that Epcot can't have a pavilion dedicated to medicine is appalling especially when we get a fluff piece on automobile design that's neither futuristic (really) nor worldly.

At this point they should maybe change the name of Future World to Discovery World.

aladdin2007

Cute, I just have a picture of him in my photoalbum on my coffee table somewhere... I got six coffee tables, its in there somewhere. He's so sweet!

OK< back on topic, question WHY not just get Siemens to sponsor Imagination Pavillion when they already practically sponsor everything else in FW as it is ?

Really? And end up with another half baked/half funded redo like SE? No thanks.

Wikkler

Really? And end up with another half baked/half funded redo like SE? No thanks.
Oh, so you don't like Siemens sponsoring Spaceship Earth?
I didn't know you were such a big fan of the giant wand...
image.jpg

ToTBellHop

I dont sorry lol, but I do agree the wand was the one thing they did right.
I would argue they did a lot right. Disney just left the last 2 minutes of the ride a mess--probably due to spending too much money on interactive video games on-ride and in the (much improved) post show.

JWG

They make TVs. We got nice TVs.

The fault lies squarely with WDI and their inability to reasonably budget.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Siemens sitting in the imagineering offices designing the ride and writing the script. Maybe they demanded some type of interactive experience (doubtful), but even then - they didn't design it. It feels like Disney has lost the ability to effectively cost manage their projects and therefore we get "scaled back" everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom