Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

Tim_4

Mission: Space is a bold attraction in the vein of Tower Of Terror and Expedition Everest. It's way better than Horizons ever was but I just can't put my finger on it; it lacks heart. It lacks emotional appeal. I don't know how everyone else feels but I simply can't connect to Mission: Space the way that I do to some of WDW's best attractions.

I enjoy Gary Sinise's work but his narration is just too clinical.
I personally love it. It gets a lot of hate for the motion sickness thing, but, like you said, that's part of it's "boldness." I get what you're saying about the "clinical" feel but I don't mind it too much in a science-y environment.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wonder how many people would be about how tired and dated Horizons is if it hadn't been replaced.

Probably the same ones who miss it so much.

Same goes for something like COP. Past its prime, but some people would riot if it closed down. I might even grab a pitch fork and join them:cautious:

I personally love it. It gets a lot of hate for the motion sickness thing, but, like you said, that's part of it's "boldness." I get what you're saying about the "clinical" feel but I don't mind it too much in a science-y environment.
It looks cool, but I've never even tried it. The tea cups make me sick...enough said. I don't hold it against the ride though. I'm the one with problems so who am I to get in the way of other people's fun. I applaud the effort to keep things fresh. Lets hope this imagination thing is major refurb and not a shuttering of the ride.

longsaber

I'm predicting Disney re-purposing the pavilion into some other IP. Truth is not many people besides a very vocal minority care about Figment and the gang, and Disney certainly isn't gaining any revenue from it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Same goes for something like COP. Past its prime, but some people would riot if it closed down. I might even grab a pitch fork and join them:cautious:

It looks cool, but I've never even tried it. The tea cups make me sick...enough said. I don't hold it against the ride though. I'm the one with problems so who am I to get in the way of other people's fun. I applaud the effort to keep things fresh. Lets hope this imagination thing is major refurb and not a shuttering of the ride.
Try M:S Green.

I can handle it, even though Star Tours, the old Body Wars and the teacups make me turn green.

Just for the record, I have done Orange twice; which was one too many times. Hubby says (8 years later) that his head still isn't the same.

HMF

past_futureworld2008.jpg
They have mercifully removed a bit of the clutter from Innoventions Plaza recently but they really need to get rid of the giant poles and awnings.

msteel

I get sick on spinning things, like scrambler type rides, carnival rides that spin fast. But I find it fascinating that M:S is a giant spinning thing but I loved it (Green and Orange). I think I'm visually oriented and the screens trick me into feeling the G forces as linear acceleration.

Figments Friend

I wonder how many people would be about how tired and dated Horizons is if it hadn't been replaced.

Indeed.
If it had stayed, it would have needed some updating for sure, but it was clear Disney was done with it once sponsership with G.E. ended...maybe even before then.

I would like to think that the Imagination Pavilion will have better luck....

the.dreamfinder

I just wish that the simulator was a portion of a much larger experience. When Disney does space, I have an expectation that they will show its grandeur and beauty. I want a space pavilion whose goal is to make you fall in love with space. Mission:Space assumes this to its detriment.

Last edited:

Fairybuzz

Heres how I stand

If they abandon another pavillion They've officially lost their minds and I have no idea what wavelength they are thinking on.

If they replace the building we can all look forward to a beatiful steel box with a huge shining billboard covering the front filled with tents ads cardboard looking cutouts and clashing colors that makes the skyline of the park look like a hand that lost a thumb.

If they replace it with P and F It wont last as long as they think, and whenever the next trends come along it'll be laughably out of date.

I want them to put figment and dreamfinder back personally and reclaim the uniqueness of this park but they will prob go the six flags over epcot route. Low theming high thrills that split families. No more pavilions that are expiriences we just gotta dump things in and hope for the best. just gotta do more more more! quantity over quality!

Then again if Imagination goes away It's the perfect metaphore for WDI.

I dont understand how you can look at those pictures and not find it beautiful because its not plastered in crazy action movie ad-looking crud.

This is why my fav pavillion now is The Land.

The Empress Lilly

I don't hear anybody complaining SSE is outdated. Or LwtL. Those two towering giants of FW, final vestiges of EPCOT Center.

Classic EPCOT has held up brilliantly. Replace a few show scenes, add a new score, a new narration, and the old pavilions would've worked their wonders just as much as the remaining classics do.

Classic EPCOT is timeless. Jeopardy '96, Eric Idle and nineties car accidents, by contrast, are embarrasingly dated.

RSoxNo1

If they are truly adding Imagination to the list of shuttered pavilions with no replacement immediately in the works it is downright laughable. I've been highly critical of recent actions by Disney, but I highly doubt they would be that short sighted.

The Empress Lilly

I just wish that the simulator was a portion of a much larger experience. When Disney does space, I have an expectation that they will show it's grandeur and beauty.
Well put! That's what an EPCOT pavilion ought to strive for.

I love M:S. But it is a Tomorrowland attraction. It should've been the replacement for TL's Mission to Mars. That would've been brilliant!

The Empress Lilly

Heres how I stand

If they abandon another pavillion They've officially lost their minds and I have no idea what wavelength they are thinking on.

If they replace the building we can all look forward to a beatiful steel box with a huge shining billboard covering the front filled with tents ads cardboard looking cutouts and clashing colors that makes the skyline of the park look like a hand that lost a thumb.

If they replace it with P and F It wont last as long as they think, and whenever the next trends come along it'll be laughably out of date.

I want them to put figment and dreamfinder back personally and reclaim the uniqueness of this park but they will prob go the six flags over epcot route. Low theming high thrills that split families. No more pavilions that are expiriences we just gotta dump things in and hope for the best. just gotta do more more more! quantity over quality!

Then again if Imagination goes away It's the perfect metaphore for WDI.

I dont understand how you can look at those pictures and not find it beautiful because its not plastered in crazy action movie ad-looking crud.

This is why my fav pavillion now is The Land.
You should look into writing rants for a living!

(I've got a name for your new firm too, 'Living with the Rant')

Fairybuzz

I just wish that the simulator was a portion of a much larger experience. When Disney does space, I have an expectation that they will show it's grandeur and beauty. I want a space pavilion whose goal is to make you fall in love with space. Mission:Space assumes this to its detriment.

You know thats just it. Disney's attractions once focused on wonders and intrigue, Discovery, and fascination, A place where both child and adult could find new things, new surprises around the corner, new ways to look at ourselves and the world around us.

Now its just oh no accident!! oh no explosion! boom boom your dead! YEAH action!!! Its like they only care about being cool and hip not setting the trends just following. Next we'll have the country bears go "Yo fool dis place is Poppin' bro! I'm gonna play my new hot jam! Wicky wicky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom