Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Glad to hear about Imagination, but cautiously optimistic, since we all know how the previous reimaginings have gone...

And Osborne Lights - someone in another thread suggested Blizzard Beach. Charge extra at night to come in? Seems like a good place IMO - a clever rearranging of the rehab schedule and it might be a winner, and pull in some $$ for TDO, because we all know they don't have enough.
Or how about Winter Summerland? Seems like a natural.

yoyoflamingo

No way. The Stitch money train crashed long ago and even Disney knows the attraction is despised and doesn't pull in the guests.

Stitch Encounter is a reference to, I believe, Hong Kong Disneyland, where it's a Turtle Talk type show, but with Stitch, though I'm not sure of its likeability.

Stitch's Great Escape is said despised attraction.

EDIT: doctornick beat me to it.

doctornick

Or how about Winter Summerland? Seems like a natural.

To me, building an area in Disney Springs makes the most sense, especially if you could apply a surcharge to the business to support running it. But I think that would depend on the execution of DS if there's a space where it could be put up where people can gawk and not interfere with the folks shopping.

Otherwise, I think it would have to go into a park to justify running it, so they can use it as a draw to sell tickets and keep people in a park late.

Californian Elitist

Yeah, I don't get the idea of MILF going into DL Tomorrowland. It's not a thematic fit and they are supposedly building a Monstropolis area in DCA. Why not just make it part of the DCA additions?

And wasn't the current Captain Eo space the rumored area for an indoor Jedi Academy at DL? Is that not going to be part of this expansion for DLR?

I wish they wouldn't put it anywhere, honestly. But Monstropolis would have definitely made more sense.

The indoor Jedi Academy is a first for me. I never heard that rumor.

doctornick

The indoor Jedi Academy is a first for me. I never heard that rumor.

Someone on here mentioned it at one point early on in the Star Wars expansion leak, but I'm not sure if it was a reliable insider or not.

The EO theater isn't really near Star Tours though, so I'm not sure they'd want to spread the IP around like that. Would they build a Mos Eisley Cantina in DL Tomorrowland?

rct247

I knew that someday The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights would go dark whether it was for a year or forever, but I'm still extremely sad about it because it is my favorite part of Christmas at the Walt Disney World Resort above all other things pay or free. I have a feeling that they will be dark for a year and not be placed anywhere, but I would most certainly hope they return for DHS' benefit because they are so popular and crucial to the park during the winter. As someone mentioned previously, I'd like to see them return in some fashion maybe as part of Carsland or Monstropolis (if Studios gets any aspects of that). I can just hear Lightning McQueen and Mater hosting or Mike Wazowski telling us that joy and laughter helps power the lights. Either case, they better return or I will be incredibly disappointed.

With Imagination, a friend that works there has mentioned that Imagineers have been walking around with blueprints. He says that track expansion may be likely. Imageworks and the exit area will completely change as we know it, and unfortunately the upstairs area is essentially condemned. Of course, this comes from frontline cast, so who knows what is true, but something to think about if we start hearing more details.

ezralou

Not necessarily, I would think. The SoA area where the lights are right next to Pixar Place and are probably more likely part of the Cars/Pixar expansion than the Star Wars one. WDW1974's point that the future of the Muppets is still undecided suggests to me that the the SoA loss if tied to Cars/Pixar since the Muppets are solidly in between Star Wars and the rest of SoA.

I pretty much agree- Star Wars may crescent around (but not supplant) Echo Lake engulfing IJ, Backlot Express, Sounds Dangerous, and maybe AI Experience from the latest info on this board. SoA does more likely seem to be absorbed into the Cars and Pixar Place expansions. I assume Muppets (as well as Mama Melrose's and Toy Story Pizza Planet) are in the DMZ? Or will they end up with Stars or Cars? Interesting day around here!

aladdin2007

I knew that someday The Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights would go dark whether it was for a year or forever, but I'm still extremely sad about it because it is my favorite part of Christmas at the Walt Disney World Resort above all other things pay or free. I have a feeling that they will be dark for a year and not be placed anywhere, but I would most certainly hope they return for DHS' benefit because they are so popular and crucial to the park during the winter. As someone mentioned previously, I'd like to see them return in some fashion maybe as part of Carsland or Monstropolis (if Studios gets any aspects of that). I can just hear Lightning McQueen and Mater hosting or Mike Wazowski telling us that joy and laughter helps power the lights. Either case, they better return or I will be incredibly disappointed.

With Imagination, a friend that works there has mentioned that Imagineers have been walking around with blueprints. He says that track expansion may be likely. Imageworks and the exit area will completely change as we know it, and unfortunately the upstairs area is essentially condemned. Of course, this comes from frontline cast, so who knows what is true, but something to think about if we start hearing more details.

Interesting, question is whether or not Figment stays as part of a redo or going all together, surely they wouldnt make the same horrific mistake twice after what happened when they first tried that...but nowadays who knows.

twebber55

my number one question right now is what is the order of construction for all these projects in terms of completion?
Disney Springs
Star Wars
Cars Land
Epcot project?

rct247

my number one question right now is what is the order of construction for all these projects in terms of completion?
Disney Springs
Star Wars
Cars Land
Epcot project?

Epcot Project --> Imagination redo -- Completes 1st
Star Wars (Phase 1) -- Completes 2nd
Disney Springs -- Completes 3rd
Cars Land -- Completes 4th
Avatar -- Hopefully gets canceled, but will be last if completed

Californian Elitist

Someone on here mentioned it at one point early on in the Star Wars expansion leak, but I'm not sure if it was a reliable insider or not.

Guess that rumor is now debunked.

The EO theater isn't really near Star Tours though, so I'm not sure they'd want to spread the IP around like that. Would they build a Mos Eisley Cantina in DL Tomorrowland?

It's not close but it's not too far. I couldn't see the Jedi Academy going in that theater, though. I can't see a Mos Eisley Cantina going in. I can't imagine where it would go and I'm sure don't want to off fans even more.

Captain Neo

Not necessarily, I would think. The SoA area where the lights are right next to Pixar Place and are probably more likely part of the Cars/Pixar expansion than the Star Wars one. WDW1974's point that the future of the Muppets is still undecided suggests to me that the the SoA loss if tied to Cars/Pixar since the Muppets are solidly in between Star Wars and the rest of SoA.

As an aside, I really hope this doesn't mean that we are going to lose Sci Fi. I hope they leave that small path untouched in this expansion and it survives.

That's a good point and we would need WDW1974 for clarification but in the Jim Hill podcast he specifically said SoA would be absorbed into Star Wars land in one of the 3 competing proposals.

cheezbat

Everyone is so upset about the Osbourne Lights leaving...and I get that...

What's killing me is that nobody seems to care that Indiana Jones will no longer have a presence at WDW.
I could give two craps about a Star Wars expansion if it means losing the only piece of Indy.

We better get an Indy ride down the road somewhere or I'm going to be really ed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom