Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

SyracuseOrange

Just a few more details. Imagination is apparently finally getting some attraction attention, so it isn't closing like WoL. There will be changes coming. When I have solid info on the scope of them, I'll pass them along. I believe this is substantial, but not as much as most of us would like.

On the holiday lights, they may well stay alive, but marketing has been told they won't be able to be shown at TPFKaTD-MGMS, which will soon be known as TPFKaTD-MGMSandTPFKaDHS due to ''ongoing construction'' in the area where they have been held. If TDO finds another place for them, then you'll see them (although almost certainly not for one year). It's more likely that they'll see what happens when they don't have them and see if they can send them to Yesterland permanently.

Oh, and since folks are busy arguing with a clueless fanboi elsewhere (really @Lee ... @marni1971?!?!), the Miceage report today is almost entirely accurate on ALL points (yes, including WDW).

Ouch. My head.

bubbles1812

Yet more news on two fronts: (these are not confirmed, but sources are very trustworthy)

Imagination will be down for all of next year and Captain Eo will head to the cosmos for good;

UNI may have some news of its own in 3-4 weeks;
For real? They are actually going to attempt a fix on Imagination? I know we are all thinking it so I will ask it... is Dreamfinder making a return? ;)

Also, will there be a replacement for EO? EO can take a ride to the cosmo, and then right into a black hole to be crushed to oblivion, that's the amount of love I have for it, but I would like a replacement.

Here's hopin' to both. Though I'm not going to hold my breath just yet.

Animaniac93-98

A year's refurbishment does not sound like enough time to extend the track into the Magic Eye Theatre, or do anything substantial beyond replacing set pieces and props. I doubt Dreamfinder is coming back either.

Mammymouse

Just a few more details. Imagination is apparently finally getting some attraction attention, so it isn't closing like WoL. There will be changes coming. When I have solid info on the scope of them, I'll pass them along. I believe this is substantial, but not as much as most of us would like.

On the holiday lights, they may well stay alive, but marketing has been told they won't be able to be shown at TPFKaTD-MGMS, which will soon be known as TPFKaTD-MGMSandTPFKaDHS due to ''ongoing construction'' in the area where they have been held. If TDO finds another place for them, then you'll see them (although almost certainly not for one year). It's more likely that they'll see what happens when they don't have them and see if they can send them to Yesterland permanently.

Oh, and since folks are busy arguing with a clueless fanboi elsewhere (really @Lee ... @marni1971?!?!), the Miceage report today is almost entirely accurate on ALL points (yes, including WDW).

What is "TPFKaTD-MGMS" Can't figure that one out.

MerlinTheGoat

I will be truly ed if they get rid of the Osborne lights. I'm quite interested in the DHS makeover to an extent (unless it's completely half assed like all the other WDW projects have been in recent years), but we should be able to have both an expansion AND the lights. Sick of replacements happening instead of additions. I don't care if they have to find a different place to do it, just find a way. Or at least find a replacement that is just as good or better. Losing the lights will be an absolutely devastating blow to their already lacking Christmas entertainment around WDW (castle lights are the only other decorations around the place I find worthy of Disney). And what they did to Lights of Winter and more recently, Spectromagic... Doesn't give me much confidence.

VERY intrigued about the rumblings about Imagination. Please post more about it whenever you get more info, the original ride is a truly beloved favorite of mine. Current edition is so dire that I can't even stand to ride it. I don't think it would be difficult to create a superior experience to what is there now, hard to imagine much worse. I probably could think of some ways to make it worse, but since I don't ride it now anyways i'm hoping the odds are it ends up a better attraction than it is now.

I'll ask this to anyone who might know something about recent Imagination plans, what's the more likely scenario for a potential overhaul-
1- Something similar to the original ride?
2- Something similar to the current version?
3- Something completely new and different?

Also wonder whether they do anything with the upstairs. Hope they keep the lovely glass pyramid intact too.

Cody5242

So pretty much they are cloning the speed bike attraction on both coasts and they will both have the same elements such as the Cantina? I was hoping that DHS would have its own unique Star Wars attraction

WDWFigment

I read your entire post, Tom, and agreed with the Spirit of it all. But the only thing I kept focusing on was the last paragraph. Imagine if TDA took the lights and used them on Cars Land in 2014? Might that take the sting out of hard ticket Christmas parties at DL? Seriously ....and did I just give Disney an idea?

The decorations in Cars Land last year were pretty cool and unique (I thought--some people found them garish). I could see them expanding this year and really pushing the envelope.

The problem: those decorations + BVS' decorations + Christmas World of Color > Disneyland's tired Christmas parade and fireworks (I love these fireworks but I'm in the extreme minority on that, I think). It would be tough to justify a hard ticket event without Disneyland introducing some new entertainment...it seems like we'd be hearing rumblings if new entertainment were planned for Disneyland at Christmas. The holidays are only like 4 months away...

EDIT: I now see you said Cars Land adding the Osborne Lights for 2014, not this year. Yeah, I can totally see that happening. Disneyland would still have to step up its game, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom