Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

WorldKey

Man...this is getting depressing! I still love EPCOT even with all of its flaws. Yes, I think a lot of updating and some replacing in FW could help but although I have a hard time admitting it to myself it is still my favorite WDW park - at least equal with the MK. World Showcase makes up for a lot. I think that much more now than when I was younger visiting EPCOT in the 80's....when FW was still 'fascinating' (now I like to eat and drink!). A lot of it is nostalgia I guess. What happened to Imagination makes me weep. I for one liked the 'educational' style and although Ellen is funny once or twice, I miss the old UOE. I hear Soarin' is getting a major update so that is cool. Anyway, I'm rambling.....just hate to face the reality of what everyone is saying (I know some of it is true). I was there opening year and the inevitable is happening. But hopefully they will have the desire and money to turn it around before it is too late......can't imagine no EPCOT!

LostPrincessKarleigh

Thank you - these were two attractions I never experienced. My boys LOVE Mission Space though. Me, not so much.
We never made it over to PI as the kids were too young back then.
We did, however, enjoy Tarzan Rocks (if it's any consolation), and really enjoyed it. My husband and sons have never acquiesced to seeing Nemo or FotLK, though. They're not really into shows.
IMHO, FotLK is so worth it! MY boyfriend enjoyed it immensely on our last trip. :) Acrobatics, crowd participation, great singing, and fun!
I also remember Tarzan Rocks from when I was quite younger. That was a great show and I was so sad to see it go. Nemo....well, I won't touch that one. HAHA!

Fairybuzz

What ride building has Disney done stateside in the last twenty years that makes you believe they would build a black box with signs? We can fault them for many things, but beautiful show buildings is something they do very well.

A bugs Land, Tough to be a bug
With the exeption of the front Mission space hasn't much going for it. No geometry at all.
Rockn'rollecoaster with the exception of the guitar is really just a square building with another building behind it.
Much of the buildings in DCA and Studios
Beyond stateside we have that wonderful plywood r and r coaster sign on what looks like a gutted wal mart.

The pyramids were always so beautiful to me and even inspired the architecture in sci fi stories I wrote. To me there always a part of epcot good interior or not. I just had a dream last night in fact that they were redoing it and I was explaining to my sister how beautiful it once was with its clouds and bright light shining in instead of being all boxed up and dark as a cave.

asianway

You're talking about some commercial cleaning equipment that can be installed just about anywhere.. including being moved. This would be a trivial issue. Smaller setups could be distributed around property anyways.

Are you sure they are all brought here? That seems wasteful to truck around property all the time.
Yeah, thats how they do it. The Avatarland blueprint had a 3D glass cleaning area in it, I remember thinking that they could localize the task...

Wikkler

Man...this is getting depressing! I still love EPCOT even with all of its flaws. Yes, I think a lot of updating and some replacing in FW could help but although I have a hard time admitting it to myself it is still my favorite WDW park - at least equal with the MK. World Showcase makes up for a lot. I think that much more now than when I was younger visiting EPCOT in the 80's....when FW was still 'fascinating' (now I like to eat and drink!). A lot of it is nostalgia I guess. What happened to Imagination makes me weep. I for one liked the 'educational' style and although Ellen is funny once or twice, I miss the old UOE. I hear Soarin' is getting a major update so that is cool. Anyway, I'm rambling.....just hate to face the reality of what everyone is saying (I know some of it is true). I was there opening year and the inevitable is happening. But hopefully they will have the desire and money to turn it around before it is too late......can't imagine no EPCOT!

Aw... I'm sorry we crushed your wittew hopes and dweams... :p

Wikkler

Life_After_Disney__Epcot_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

Epcot can't be saved. Sorry guys. Ding dong the wicked park is dead.

FigmentsFangirl

This thread is way too confusing. Is Imagination with Figment closing or no ? I'm going there in August {3 weeks from this post} and I am going to ask for answers while there. Figment is my favorite Future World ride with Spaceship Earth a close second and Living With the Land in third tied with Mexico's water ride. Until I can get confirmation in three weeks, I'll see this thread as pure rumor. I make a point to go on Journey into Imagination with Figment because I for one enjoy that ride very much.

Fairybuzz

This thread is way too confusing. Is Imagination with Figment closing or no ? I'm going there in August {3 weeks from this post} and I am going to ask for answers while there. Figment is my favorite Future World ride with Spaceship Earth a close second and Living With the Land in third tied with Mexico's water ride. Until I can get confirmation in three weeks, I'll see this thread as pure rumor. I make a point to go on Journey into Imagination with Figment because I for one enjoy that ride very much.

It seems to be closing at the end of the year for an update people really don't know anything about but has a ton of rumors floating around it.

Well they may know something and just not wanna tell lol. Either way I think most of what it will become is speculation

IHeartArt

Am I the only one here who'd like to travel forwards in time to the point where WDW eventually gets abandoned and walk through the parks, emptied and deserted, and see the decay? I think, knowing that the future is always mutable, it'd be quite beautiful to see nature reclaiming it. Architecture and nature intermingling in amazing ways.

Fairybuzz

Am I the only one here who'd like to travel forwards in time to the point where WDW eventually gets abandoned and walk through the parks, emptied and deserted, and see the decay? I think, knowing that the future is always mutable, it'd be quite beautiful to see nature reclaiming it. Architecture and nature intermingling in amazing ways.

I doubt that abeit off topic, no one else would want to see it. its in our nature to want to see familiar yet readically changed things. I thought about my house my town, nyc, schools, camps, parks, historic things, monuments, etc. Thats why Life After People was such a popular series. It may also be why so many people love zombie movies.

Cardinals314

That would be neat. You can see what River Country looked like a couple of years ago with the video from AdamtheWoo. It's a pretty good video

IHeartArt

That would be neat. You can see what River Country looked like a couple of years ago with the video from AdamtheWoo. It's a pretty good video

Always have loved this video. It's amazing that the music's still playing in parts. It's like there was a complete and immediate pullout after that poor kid died.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Look up "Nara Dreamland" to see what Disneyland might be like in a post-apocalyptic alternate universe

Fairybuzz

I saw that! I also saw the Universal ones of Nick Studios and Triceratops. He has one on the pop century resort's Legendary years as well. and six flags new orleans abandoned since katrina. Nick studios actually looks and works pretty well like its still in use.

Look up "Nara Dreamland" to see what Disneyland might be like in a post-apocalyptic alternate universe

Saw that too. Sinking Jungle cruise rotting matterhorn, trees in main street, very bizarre. For added effect watch the opening day video its in japanese but so reminiscant of disneylands opening day its scary

....*adjusts nerd girl glasses and tightens pigtails*

Wikkler

Hell no, I don't want to get mauled by an alligator.:arghh:

Fairybuzz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom