Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

ToTBellHop

They will not demolish this building, since Imagination is where all the 3-D glasses used on Property are taken to be cleaned. This includes Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, E-O, It's tough to be a bug, muppets, and Spaceship Earth Post-show. I wonder if the year long close down will affect the cleaning operations for the 3-d Glasses, and would it be moved to a new location??
They will be exclusively "spit-cleaned" going forward. The guest provides the cleaning agent.

I'm sure they could move the facilities in a jiffy.

Prototype82

Uhhhh...... no. No its not.
It's not perfect. But if we ditched Pixar: The Ride and Universe of Comedy: the majority of Future World would be pretty darn relevant and Expo-ish. I loved Project Tomorrow and the design-centered Test Track. They're interactive. They're streamlined. They're futuristic and relevant. (And the bloody three cabelleros arent anwhere in sight!) And I'm digging the IBM stuff in Innoventions. Sadly we can't expect Horizons 2.0.

pumpkin7

Horizons_Full_767.jpg

I never rode Horizons, it wasn't dear to my heart, but that picture is just downright painful to look at.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It's not perfect. But if we ditched Pixar: The Ride and Universe of Comedy: the majority of Future World would be pretty darn relevant and Expo-ish. I loved Project Tomorrow and the design-centered Test Track. They're interactive. They're streamlined. They're futuristic and relevant. (And the bloody three cabelleros arent anwhere in sight!) And I'm digging the IBM stuff in Innoventions. Sadly we can't expect Horizons 2.0.

Doesnt that basically say that 3 of 8 rides in Future World need to be ditched or re-done? Imagination, UoE, and The Seas. That's 37.5% of the rides that need to be closed or reworked completely. Add to that SSE and Soarin' need their next update, and I cry a little inside when I get onto my favorite remaining attraction (Living with the Land) and see it vacant. The rest of The Seas (non-ride) seems to be in worse shape then most aquariums I've been to recently.
I know that it went from being my favorite park on the planet to one that I am seriously considering skipping on my next trip. Last trip I rode exactly 4 rides in Future World in 2 visits to Epcot. SSE, Living with the Land, TT2.0 and UoE. UoE because TT2.0 was down and MS height restriction meant my kid couldnt ride it, so we were over on that side of future world with a depressed kid who wanted to ride TT, and we suckered her into UoE as a 3rd choice. Should have just bribed her with an ice cream bar instead, she would have been happier.
If they are not going to put some serious capital into that park in the near future, I think they should just shut down Future World completly and turn World Showcase into the new Pleasure Island. Pay a price to get in, 21 and over, and eat and drink around the world. For an extra fee, you can buy a bag of stones to throw at the windows in the shell of the imagination building.

Fairybuzz

Doesnt that basically say that 3 of 8 rides in Future World need to be ditched or re-done? Imagination, UoE, and The Seas. That's 37.5% of the rides that need to be closed or reworked completely. Add to that SSE and Soarin' need their next update, and I cry a little inside when I get onto my favorite remaining attraction (Living with the Land) and see it vacant. The rest of The Seas (non-ride) seems to be in worse shape then most aquariums I've been to recently.
I know that it went from being my favorite park on the planet to one that I am seriously considering skipping on my next trip. Last trip I rode exactly 4 rides in Future World in 2 visits to Epcot. SSE, Living with the Land, TT2.0 and UoE. UoE because TT2.0 was down and MS height restriction meant my kid couldnt ride it, so we were over on that side of future world with a depressed kid who wanted to ride TT, and we suckered her into UoE as a 3rd choice. Should have just bribed her with an ice cream bar instead, she would have been happier.
If they are not going to put some serious capital into that park in the near future, I think they should just shut down Future World completly and turn World Showcase into the new Pleasure Island. Pay a price to get in, 21 and over, and eat and drink around the world. For an extra fee, you can buy a bag of stones to throw at the windows in the shell of the imagination building.

Thats why my favorite pavilions now are the Land Test Track SSE and UOE. Sure UOE is now a 90s sitcom, but at least its still educational. The Land is probably my fav pavilion. Its the only multi attraction pavilion that still looks very much like it did, and Livin' is still essentially now the same ride. Soarin' also isnt too bad I think its well exectuted albiet out of theme. although I admit I miss food rocks badly.

aladdin2007

That is one creepy apocalyptic picture up there. yikes. how about just hiding the disco lady up in the 360 top like the other blacked over hidden animatronic girl, instead of engulfing flames our beloved ball lol.

Fairybuzz

That is one creepy apocalyptic picture up there. yikes. how about just hiding the disco lady up in the 360 top like the other blacked over hidden animatronic girl, instead of engulfing flames our beloved ball lol.

I think its from some zombie story some guy made on youtube. Its actually pretty cool in the first one how he manipulated the Irons version to sould like its talking about earth becoming a lonely and hostile planet as invadors destroy history and a few humans band together for survival. Albeit I think Zombies are cliche lol Woulda been cooler if it were aliens but still compelling. Not that I'd ever want that to happen

HMF

I thought it had been established that said Animatronic became Keiko in the 94 version. Disco Scientist is probably one of the worst Costume Design Choices they could have possibly made.

Wikkler

Besides, when Future World is closed off, I want to destroy it.

I'm only sparing Communicore.

And even then I'll graffiti it up.

enhanced-buzz-wide-29321-1344960689-4.jpg

You're talking about some commercial cleaning equipment that can be installed just about anywhere.. including being moved. This would be a trivial issue. Smaller setups could be distributed around property anyways.

Are you sure they are all brought here? That seems wasteful to truck around property all the time.

Yes all Glasses are trucked to Epcot, and dropped of at IMAGE for cleaning, as well as trucked out to the various parks when they are done being cleaned. This sometimes happens twice a day. Morning drop-off/Afternoon Pickup type schedule.

NoChesterHester

Furious. I know they'd knock it down to put up another piece of garbage black box with a facade no pyramids no class no beauty just stupid signs.

What ride building has Disney done stateside in the last twenty years that makes you believe they would build a black box with signs? We can fault them for many things, but beautiful show buildings is something they do very well.

They wouldnt NOT demolish it just because thats where that fascility is located, that can always be changed, reconfigured or moved all together. But I dont think demolishing it is in the plan anyway from the sound of things in these threads.

It has been the center for Glasses cleaning since the first 3D-Show. It is the responsibility of Future World West Operations to clean and pick up glasses. There are also offices attached to this pavilion that would have to be relocated as well if a demolish were to happen.

HMF

What ride building has Disney done stateside in the last twenty years that makes you believe they would build a black box with signs? We can fault them for many things, but beautiful show buildings is something they do very well.
What about the original Disney's California Adventure?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom