Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

vinnya1726

The problem is how long P&F will be popular...Look at what Happened to Kim Possible...

And if there is anything that this ride really needs is a Trackless ride system ala Honey Hunt/Mystic Manor..

I think you raise a great point...but Disney is the reason Kim Possible lost it's popularity, Disney Channel had that stupid rule about not letting shows go beyond a certain amount of seasons. If they would have let her stay on, she would still have a following. Same goes for P+F, as long as they are doing new shows and are being marketed they will be popular. Not saying they should be a part of a new imagination pavilion, but I do think if Disney wants to keep them popular they will.

As for my little friend Figment, I think it is time to put both him and Dreamfinder in their own DC show, this would a great way help more casual fans know him and would add to his popularity and in the end help sell more plushes.

I think they could redo the Journey to Imagination ride and keep figment as the focal point and add P+F to the pavilion and it would all make sense and could be very popular if done correctly.

mickey2008.1

Imagination Pavillion has been dead for years. The exit of the ride is horrible. They let that building go a long time ago, and tried to cash in on Captain Eo which was a big mistake. I am glad to hear that they will close, and hopefully make into something worth visiting again. Put the imagination back into the building and the area, because the only thing I imagine there now is that I was not there.

Fairybuzz

That's great to hear. Glad Disneyland's Tomorrowland is receiving some attention. I know most WDW fans won't care about that, but it's the most exciting part of all this news for me!

At present, removing the Osborne Lights seems like an incredibly boneheaded decision because it's such a big draw at Christmas. However, if that park gets what's rumored, it won't really *need* anything to get people there at Christmas. Not saying I agree with getting rid of the Osborne Lights (which I love), just point out that it's not a far-fetched idea when you consider what that park will have.

In general, people need to realize that this kind of expansion necessitates some losses and a park that will be (even more) ugly for a while. DCA was a mess for a few years during its expansion (at least DHS won't need a new temporary entrance!), but the payoff was well-worth it. That's just the way things like this go. Complaining that "NOW MY 2015 TRIP IS RUINED!!!" because of necessary elements of the expansion only gives Disney the ammunition it needs to not improve things.

We all complain that TWDC leaders are too focused on the short-term at the expense of the long-term, but we're doing the exact same thing as them when we complain about refurbishments, construction, etc.

I'm not sure if it could be done right away due to guest flow issues and Pixar egos, but imagine the Osborne Lights on the Route 66 facades. That could be pretty awesome.

I am so in agreement with that! And yes I'd love to see them on the radiator springs buildings like the neon buildings plussed

devoy1701

He already has been though, not much to stop that at this point. Didn't he say a few years back that after the Fantasyland expansion they were going to heavily reduce the money invested in the parks? And since that comment was made, we've now got two major new projects happening at AK and DHS starting quite soon.

As I recall, Iger also stated that he would be bringing back traditionally animated feature films. That was one of the things that initially endeared him to Disney fans when he first started out. He's now killed it off once again in favor of CGI only for future projects.

I guess it's semantics, but the money hasn't been invested yet... Avatar is where? and I really thought by now that the plans for DHS would have been greenlit after the scale of the rumors we've heard over the past 2 months. In actuality though, we're at the same place we've been for the past 4 years. Hearing the rumors, but nothing happening. Wasn't the Dreamfinder comment more definite anyway... something along the lines of a snarky chuckle and an assurance that Dreamfinder will never (ever) return to the park?

Isn't there a new animated film coming out soon?

But alas you're right. He did after all tell us he was going to step down in 2015 but now we have to put up with him atleast another year!

Fairybuzz

Ok, I'm officially more excited about Imagination. Thanks for the info, good stuff!

Same. I hope its a dreamfinder refurb. Anything else would be kinda like duct taping a mug back together and trying to pour water in it.

No cartoon tie ins, no stupid figment working at a factory, just baxter baxter and more baxter >:p

PS. Sorry for the triple post

Ar1w

What about disney turning it into a tron dark ride? That fits the look and feel of future world and the imagination/future concept. (And they are working on another tron sequel, I've heard... ) Who cares if the movies are unpopular? Create an ip starting with an awesome ride, to help build up interest in the brand, ala pirates of Carib.

Merchandise, mini light cycles etc would be easy to tie in, I'm sure.... Maybe make an end of line club with an outdoor elevator to access it, with alcohol and dance music atmosphere... As part of an immersive tron area, like they're doing with Star Wars land and the cantina.... Ahhhh I wish disney had more imagination.

doctornick

..you guys do realize that its impossible to bring the old ride back..right? The first re-do pretty much removed or damaged essential structures that were essential for its operation.

It would need significant construction to restore the orginal layout, yes. And this is unlikely to occur, yes. But "impossible"? Of course not, it can be built again if the time and resources were committed to the project.

rodmansju

What about disney turning it into a tron dark ride? That fits the look and feel of future world and the imagination/future concept. (And they are working on another tron sequel, I've heard... ) Who cares if the movies are unpopular? Create an ip starting with an awesome ride, to help build up interest in the brand, ala pirates of Carib.

Merchandise, mini light cycles etc would be easy to tie in, I'm sure.... Maybe make an end of line club with an outdoor elevator to access it, with alcohol and dance music atmosphere... As part of an immersive tron area, like they're doing with Star Wars land and the cantina.... Ahhhh I wish disney had more imagination.

Would not be a fan of this...unless I am overlooking something, pretty much every attraction at EPCOT, outside of Nemo, stands on it's own without needing or relying on movie/tv properties for support. And the seas had, before it's reimagining.

if they went P and F, or Tron, on the Imagination pavillion...where would it end? I kinda like EPCOT not being overly disney and still, disney

hpyhnt 1000

I can't complain here. Imagination and Energy are the only two pavilions keeping Epcot feel dated and stuck in the 1990s. They're not even original attractions. They're simply the result of bad refurbs. When you look at Future World now, it's actually in pretty darn good condition. Mission Space, SSE's Project Tomorrow, and Test Track manage to look state of the art and relevant, the Land is in great shape... If they could tackle Imagination and Energy, things would be perfect.

Uhhhh...... no. No its not.

Communicore

I have an awesome idea for the meet and greet!! They should re-activate the revolving floor, then hold the meet and greet as the floor revolves kinda like Mannequin's! That would be an E ticket for sure! Also, since their not gonna implode the building they should use the second floor as the Phineas and Ferb house and do a house walkthrough, oh yea that would be amazing in every sense of the word!

Ar1w

Would not be a fan of this...unless I am overlooking something, pretty much every attraction at EPCOT, outside of Nemo, stands on it's own without needing or relying on movie/tv properties for support. And the seas had, before it's reimagining.

if they went P and F, or Tron, on the Imagination pavillion...where would it end? I kinda like EPCOT not being overly disney and still, disney

Alright then, make it a future technology pavilion. Have apple sponsor it to show off their futuristic design concepts in the post show, build an apple retail store into gift shop. And have a slow moving dark ride thru computers of the future.... Experience virtual reality rooms as the car drives.... 3d real life projections surrounding the guest. Put a moving, expressive robot in the ride vehicle as the guide for the guest. (Maybe this is similar to horizons.... But this will appeal to the younger guests and anyone raised during the trek years.) Getting to see all of the concepts from the digital future in person. Also would fit the original concept of Epcot, and wouldn't have movie tie ins...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom