Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

StarWarsGirl

She won't miss anything if she doesn't see it. That thing is a turd in film form. I particularly liked the blatant Star Wars action sequence rip-offs. (Yes, I know it was made by Lucas. It's still terrible.)

I'd still like her to see it at least once to decide for herself. I think the blatant Star Wars rip off is why I enjoy it (everyone knows how I feel about Star Wars, lol). She enjoys sci fi as well so I'd like her to see it simply because it's a classic. She can decide for herself whether she would have missed anything

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a few more details. Imagination is apparently finally getting some attraction attention, so it isn't closing like WoL. There will be changes coming. When I have solid info on the scope of them, I'll pass them along. I believe this is substantial, but not as much as most of us would like.

On the holiday lights, they may well stay alive, but marketing has been told they won't be able to be shown at TPFKaTD-MGMS, which will soon be known as TPFKaTD-MGMSandTPFKaDHS due to ''ongoing construction'' in the area where they have been held. If TDO finds another place for them, then you'll see them (although almost certainly not for one year). It's more likely that they'll see what happens when they don't have them and see if they can send them to Yesterland permanently.

Oh, and since folks are busy arguing with a clueless fanboi elsewhere (really @Lee ... @marni1971?!?!), the Miceage report today is almost entirely accurate on ALL points (yes, including WDW).

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sounds like they are considering the other Star Wars proposal which replaces Muppet area and the streets of America instead of Echo Lake and Indy.

Echo Lake is going nowhere under any plan I have been told. It is the only water in that park and I find it hard to believe that they're looking to turn it into DSP.

The Streets of America and Indy are both history. Still not clear on Muppets ...

Captain Neo

Echo Lake is going nowhere under any plan I have been told. It is the only water in that park and I find it hard to believe that they're looking to turn it into DSP.

The Streets of America and Indy are both history. Still not clear on Muppets ...

Jim Hill (who I know is very hit and miss but I don't think he was BSing this time) claimed that Echo Lake would be replaced by Mos Eisley complete with Cantina, Indy would be replaced by an Endor themed area with the new Speeder Bike simulator ride, the backlot express would be saved as a future expansion pad for the land and an X-Wing Spinner would be added in front of Star Tours.

What I want to know is how does the new trilogy factor into this Star Wars land? Wouldn't a new attraction be based off of something in the new films or is the plan to eventually redo Star Tours into Star Tours 3 and add new destinations and action sequences in that?

WDWFigment

Just a few more details. Imagination is apparently finally getting some attraction attention, so it isn't closing like WoL. There will be changes coming. When I have solid info on the scope of them, I'll pass them along. I believe this is substantial, but not as much as most of us would like.

On the holiday lights, they may well stay alive, but marketing has been told they won't be able to be shown at TPFKaTD-MGMS, which will soon be known as TPFKaTD-MGMSandTPFKaDHS due to ''ongoing construction'' in the area where they have been held. If TDO finds another place for them, then you'll see them (although almost certainly not for one year). It's more likely that they'll see what happens when they don't have them and see if they can send them to Yesterland permanently.

Oh, and since folks are busy arguing with a clueless fanboi elsewhere (really @Lee ... @marni1971?!?!), the Miceage report today is almost entirely accurate on ALL points (yes, including WDW).

That's great to hear. Glad Disneyland's Tomorrowland is receiving some attention. I know most WDW fans won't care about that, but it's the most exciting part of all this news for me!

At present, removing the Osborne Lights seems like an incredibly boneheaded decision because it's such a big draw at Christmas. However, if that park gets what's rumored, it won't really *need* anything to get people there at Christmas. Not saying I agree with getting rid of the Osborne Lights (which I love), just point out that it's not a far-fetched idea when you consider what that park will have.

In general, people need to realize that this kind of expansion necessitates some losses and a park that will be (even more) ugly for a while. DCA was a mess for a few years during its expansion (at least DHS won't need a new temporary entrance!), but the payoff was well-worth it. That's just the way things like this go. Complaining that "NOW MY 2015 TRIP IS RUINED!!!" because of necessary elements of the expansion only gives Disney the ammunition it needs to not improve things.

We all complain that TWDC leaders are too focused on the short-term at the expense of the long-term, but we're doing the exact same thing as them when we complain about refurbishments, construction, etc.

I'm not sure if it could be done right away due to guest flow issues and Pixar egos, but imagine the Osborne Lights on the Route 66 facades. That could be pretty awesome.

Captain Neo

*bows*

aladdin2007

After reading the Lutz article, it sounds like they want to ship the current DCA pixar play parade here, but it was like IF TDO wants it, well we all know how thats going to go. Of course with construction at the studios I guess they couldnt run one for a few years anyway but would sure be nice to have. And while Disneyland gets a brand new light parade, we get to keep the archaic msep, while they so gleefully trashed spectro. sheesh. at least theres festival of fantasy to look forward to.

Kinda sad to see an Indy presence at the studios go but I guess its ran its course. The Imagination news should be interesting, have a feeling they have been continuing to get complaints on it and the huge embarassment that it is, that or George K got involved. What scares me is if its PF related.

Mammymouse

I dont know if I'd go that far,they've been known to do dumb things:
2542043884_aa75bbb31d_m.jpg

Horizons_Full_767.jpg

stitchsgreatescape.jpg
I stand corrected!!!

Beholder

Yet more news on two fronts: (these are not confirmed, but sources are very trustworthy)

Imagination will be down for all of next year and Captain Eo will head to the cosmos for good;

UNI may have some news of its own in 3-4 weeks;

Ok, I'm officially more excited about Imagination. Thanks for the info, good stuff!

aladdin2007

Yet more news on two fronts: (these are not confirmed, but sources are very trustworthy)

Imagination will be down for all of next year and Captain Eo will head to the cosmos for good;

Goood on captain eo, but a tad unsettling for Imagination only cause the whole PF rumor around and about. Wow a whole year is pretty subtantial afterall.

Captain Chaos

Wow, all of next year? Either this is extensive and a replacement of the mess that is there now, or they really are dragging out projects to save money LOL... What date should we expect to see Captain EO finally retired?

WDW1974

Original Poster
That's great to hear. Glad Disneyland's Tomorrowland is receiving some attention. I know most WDW fans won't care about that, but it's the most exciting part of all this news for me!

At present, removing the Osborne Lights seems like an incredibly boneheaded decision because it's such a big draw at Christmas. However, if that park gets what's rumored, it won't really *need* anything to get people there at Christmas. Not saying I agree with getting rid of the Osborne Lights (which I love), just point out that it's not a far-fetched idea when you consider what that park will have.

In general, people need to realize that this kind of expansion necessitates some losses and a park that will be (even more) ugly for a while. DCA was a mess for a few years during its expansion (at least DHS won't need a new temporary entrance!), but the payoff was well-worth it. That's just the way things like this go. Complaining that "NOW MY 2015 TRIP IS RUINED!!!" because of necessary elements of the expansion only gives Disney the ammunition it needs to not improve things.

We all complain that TWDC leaders are too focused on the short-term at the expense of the long-term, but we're doing the exact same thing as them when we complain about refurbishments, construction, etc.

I'm not sure if it could be done right away due to guest flow issues and Pixar egos, but imagine the Osborne Lights on the Route 66 facades. That could be pretty awesome.

I read your entire post, Tom, and agreed with the Spirit of it all. But the only thing I kept focusing on was the last paragraph. Imagine if TDA took the lights and used them on Cars Land in 2014? Might that take the sting out of hard ticket Christmas parties at DL? Seriously ....and did I just give Disney an idea?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom