Two Spirited Quickees...Imagination closing

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So no hard date, but definitely happening? I would go just to ride it one last time if I knew a specific date. What crappy news. :(

Insiders here say it is closing, but since it hasn't been announced by Disney and more importantly hasn't actually happened yet, it's still just a rumor.

Jwhee

Does anyone know what work is currently going on in the upstairs portion of imagination? I heard there is a random construction wall set up to the left of the rainbow tunnel

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Galadriel: (speaking partly in Elvish)

I amar prestar aen.
The world is changed.
Han matho ne nen.
I feel it in the water.
Han mathon ned cae.
I feel it in the earth.
A han noston ned gwilith.
I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Wise words taken from a most desirable yet unobtainable IP. I'm just hoping that last line never comes true.

I have found it to be true with most things. I remember being a kid and our milk was delivered by a milkman. Once a week the local bakery truck would stop at each house in the neighborhood. That type of service stopped long ago.

I also remember our local mall used to have this huge fountain at the center hub, and up and down both lengths at Christmas time Santa's North Pole Village was set up. There were animatronic elves, reindeer, etc. everywhere with a huge chair that Santa sat on. And now? All the money spent on cool decorations was saved by erecting cheap kiosks to collect more rent. The Christmas Village scenery is a thing of the past and now, where the fountain USED to be, is a covered over floor where at Christmas, a cheap wooden wall is set up with an all-too fake fireplace. And Santa has set hours with multiple breaks.

When I look back on how things used to be, it seems as though quality either did not cost very much, or the people cared too much to squander it.

Is there a way to LIKE this post a INFINITE number of times, When the ME generation reached the executive suite quality and integrity went out the window.

Figments Friend

Reminds me a bit of the statement made by Captain Nemo in '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea'.

Something about when the World is ready...all of this will come to pass....by the Disney God's good grace.

Radok Block

So I keep kicking around (pardon the pun) the idea of a Kickstarter (I believe others have mentioned it) to purchase the sponsorship rights for this pavilion...any idea what the fundraising goal would have to be? How much is a sponsorship these days? We know money talks in today's TWDC.

This may be the caffeine talking, but I'm somewhat serious.

space42

So I keep kicking around (pardon the pun) the idea of a Kickstarter (I believe others have mentioned it) to purchase the sponsorship rights for this pavilion...any idea what the fundraising goal would have to be? How much is a sponsorship these days? We know money talks in today's TWDC.

I'd like to think our $100 admission fee should be enough to cover it... Who is sponsoring the new multi-E-Ticket expansion over at that other theme park down the street?

doctornick

I understand the idea that it is a slipperly slope. But I'd support a Kickstarter campaign if it was tied to "allowing Tony Baxter to bring back the magic of the original Journey into Imagination". In other words, he would have to be the creative lead or else the money cannot be used.

Radok Block

@space42-- I agree, but clearly TPTB don't agree. Plus this might mean a little creative control over the space, as @doctornick has mentioned-- I would want to see some specific parameters, including the direction of Tony B, a renewed JII ride (not the original, but something in the spirit of the original), the return of Image Works, and something new and interesting in the Magic Eye Theater space (personally I'd love to see creative-boundary-pushing live acts in there, but YMMV).

Journey Into Imagination: Presented By [our names here] ;)

Figments Friend

I understand the idea that it is a slipperly slope. But I'd support a Kickstarter campaign if it was tied to "allowing Tony Baxter to bring back the magic of the original Journey into Imagination". In other words, he would have to be the creative lead or else the money cannot be used.

( big smile )

:)

Dragonrider1227

Oh the irony of that image....Dreamfinder with Tony, and the Dark Lord with Bob....

:cool:
Don't be silly. Bob isn't nearly cool enough to stand beside the almighty Sith Lord ;)
Perhaps another 'fan rally' is in order......

This could be fun. A bunch of people should rally around the pavillion just singing "One little spark" over and over

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom