Two coasts: One very different world

lazyboy97o

ok...it's not as great as Carsland. but don't call it that. come on now. Just be happy that it's something rather than no expansion at all. And from pictures, it fits the storyline very well and it does more than just sits there, it entertains kids with water!
It might as well be the equivalent to no expansion at all. It is mostly land that was once accessible to guests. It is needed because the park has had its capacity reduced over the years. It was not even wanted by local management, but forced by corporate. That right there is a sign of a bigger problem. Local management should be fighting for, not trying to avoid, what that which they are responsible.

If you have seen how tall the Mine Train is looking to be, I think you have an "E-Ticket" on your hands. Not that it could be one since E-Tickets don't exist anymore. Storybook Circus truly is remarkable. Beautiful. Especially considering it's just Dumbo and the Barnstormer. And the train station. Even the bathrooms are amazing. And I guess the pee zone? Even if that's a ridiculous notion?

Maybe Disney should just let forums.WDWMAGIC.com design an attraction? Or maybe you get to pick the next movie that attractions will be based off of?

Casey Jr. is just a replacement for Donald's boat isn't it? It isn't like a water area there is somehow new. And as it's been pointed out, the Donald Boat used recirculated water and had the same signage warnings.

As far as getting wet is concerned, ride Kali River Rapids sometime.

wannab@dis

Plenty of people are expecting Fantasyland to be something massive and their expectations for what its attractions are aiming to be are also exaggerated. There is no E-Ticket, but the hype is there.
I would agree that FLE as a whole has people excited. I'm looking forward to seeing new area, LM, Mine train, etc. I have no expectation that it will be as grand as Carsland, nor did I ever think it would be. However, I've seen those statements (like I quoted) by '74 and some others claiming people are comparing Casey / Dumbo to Carsland. That's completely false.

koryadams

Not to throw the discussion off track, but is it really necessary to have soaking wet children running around theme parks?
I think not, and feel that such areas have no place in any Disney park.

But that's just me...
well then get rid of Kali River Rapids :)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Where was all the hate for the other water areas in the other parks? Since the one at Epcot was built in the 80s it gets a pass?

No, it doesn't get a pass. I earlier asked if anyone knew whose idea it ever was to put these things in theme parks. They are terrible. All of them in any/all park. Nothing like sitting down where some one's wet was. they are all bad. OK?

That's a strawman and I think you know it. I've seen absolutely nobody make that comparison.

It was hyperbole and you well know it. And there are folks here that very excited and think that Disney is really doing something to improve their MAGICal WDW vacations by adding such crap and calling it an attraction.

Now, if someone loves it and can't wait for it. That's cool. But I don't have to respect that opinion.

koryadams

It might as well be the equivalent to no expansion at all. It is mostly land that was once accessible to guests. It is needed because the park has had its capacity reduced over the years. It was not even wanted by local management, but forced by corporate. That right there is a sign of a bigger problem. Local management should be fighting for, not trying to avoid, what that which they are responsible.
you sound a little ungreatful, but then again you aren't a child who will enjoy it. But let's just see what the general reaction is and how long it stays open and just see how things go.

WDW1974

Original Poster
ok...it's not as great as Carsland. but don't call it that. come on now. Just be happy that it's something rather than no expansion at all. And from pictures, it fits the storyline very well and it does more than just sits there, it entertains kids with water!

Nope. Sorry, but I don't have to like it and I don't have to think it's what Disney should be about and, as a shareholder, I don't have to think it's a smart use of capital.

Disney is about a helluva lot more than entertaining kids with water! Hey, kids love big boxes, why not just place a bunch of cardboard boxes in a giant circle and let them have at it? Maybe play some Radio Disney at the same time.

It's crap and many WDW fans are so starved for something new, because the product is so stale, that they'll rave about anything.

A company that could create things like PoC and the HM in the late 1960s can certainly do a whole lot better than what they're delivering on this whole 'new, new, NEW (but not really) Fantasyland' in the 21st century.

lazyboy97o

you sound a little ungreatful, but then again you aren't a child who will enjoy it. But let's just see what the general reaction is and how long it stays open and just see how things go.
Why should I be grateful? Disney wants my money, then they can offer entertainment for which I consider it worth purchasing. Simple as that.

Fantasyland was not designed to appeal to aim at little children. Was it the most childlike of the lands? Sure, but that is different than aiming exclusively at children as it being done with Storybook Circus. I cannot believe Disney actually released a video where they highlighted that parents get to sit on a bench and watch their children partake! :eek:

You can hone in and tease one attraction as much as you want. It is one attraction. And yes, it is an attraction. One of 50+ that makes up the Magic Kingdom. And yes, kids have a lot of fun playing in it. I have seen it with my own eyes. You are probably right that it doesn't matter if it's Casey Jr. themed or Godzilla themed, but it is fun. And I think the adults appreciate the theme of it more than the children.

There are a lot of wet attractions in Orlando. I got soaked on Jurassic Park a couple of weeks ago. As wet as I would have gotten from spending some time in Casey Jr. I was dry a few minutes later.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Plenty of people are expecting Fantasyland to be something massive and their expectations for what its attractions are aiming to be are also exaggerated. There is no E-Ticket, but the hype is there.

There isn't even a real D-Ticket, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Other parks can add major attractions every few years, but the alleged No. 1 in the world hasn't had a major addition in two decades -- and that attraction is literally falling apart.

Yet, folks will justify it.

What kind of psyche does it take to do so (I ask as someone seriously thinking of writing a book on Mental Health and the Disney Fan Community: How Pixie Dust Destroys Minds!)? I would think the natural role of a fan IS to be critical and demanding and ALWAYS want the best. Yet WDW fans are, by and large, a lethargic group that sits back and just mindlessly accepts whatever substandard product is tossed their way, along with the requisite price increases. Then, almost unbelievably, they turn around and defend the company that is giving them the white glove treatment. I will never get that mindset.

wannab@dis

No, it doesn't get a pass. I earlier asked if anyone knew whose idea it ever was to put these things in theme parks. They are terrible. All of them in any/all park. Nothing like sitting down where some one's wet was. they are all bad. OK?
I guess. Seems a pitiful battle to pick, tho. They never bothered me even before I had kids. Now, we let the kids enjoy some time in them. Of course, we usually keep a change of clothes so they aren't running around wet or making your butt wet.

It was hyperbole and you well know it. And there are folks here that very excited and think that Disney is really doing something to improve their MAGICal WDW vacations by adding such crap and calling it an attraction.

Now, if someone loves it and can't wait for it. That's cool. But I don't have to respect that opinion.

But you don't have to disrespect them either. You've made that comment about Casey's more than once and it was and still is a complete strawman to prop up a weak point. Pick your battles. If you want to compare FLE to Carsland and make the observation that Carsland is better and you wished they had done more at MK, I would agree. They could have picked LM or the mine train, kicked up a few notches, and the comparison would probably be a little more equal.

koryadams

Quite a difference between an attraction that may get guests wet, and something that serves no purpose other than let children do the Disney equivalent of playing with a hose.
Its not May get wet, its Will. And you get wet with both and have fun with both

WDW1974

Original Poster
At times, no. I'm noticing a difference in the past 10 minutes -- wonder why? o_O

But too many of '74's posts are derogatory and nasty. He knows it. And I think you do too.

Please, I take more heat and nasty comments than any poster here. And I don't even run to the mods and complain.

I have no desire to derail this thread, beyond what the troll has done, by talking about my posting style. If adults can't handle words like Pixie Dust or Walmarted World of Disney in threads about Disney, then I'd suggest they're in the wrong place and they likely need some mental health counseling.

koryadams

Why should I be grateful? Disney wants my money, then they can offer entertainment for which I consider it worth purchasing. Simple as that.

Fantasyland was not designed to appeal to aim at little children. Was it the most childlike of the lands? Sure, but that is different than aiming exclusively at children as it being done with Storybook Circus. I cannot believe Disney actually released a video where they highlighted that parents get to sit on a bench and watch their children partake! :eek:
ok then don't go! But yes it is for little children AND adults too! Can't they just have that one little spot. Kids feel special when they have a part JUST for them!

koryadams

Nope. Sorry, but I don't have to like it and I don't have to think it's what Disney should be about and, as a shareholder, I don't have to think it's a smart use of capital.

Disney is about a helluva lot more than entertaining kids with water! Hey, kids love big boxes, why not just place a bunch of cardboard boxes in a giant circle and let them have at it? Maybe play some Radio Disney at the same time.

It's crap and many WDW fans are so starved for something new, because the product is so stale, that they'll rave about anything.

A company that could create things like PoC and the HM in the late 1960s can certainly do a whole lot better than what they're delivering on this whole 'new, new, NEW (but not really) Fantasyland' in the 21st century.
ok.....Im not gonna waste my breath with you...seeing how you are replying to everyone else...

bubbles1812

I am not sure what makes Walt Disney World "mediocre" now because you have a list of maybe 20 attraction effects that need to be "fixed."
What makes WDW a more mediocre experience than it used to be isn't just about what needs fixed attractions wise. DHS/AK are both unfinished parks with a lot of empty land and attendance issues to match in comparison to MK/Epcot. Many things are just plain old and in need of a refurb or revamp...and that's again, not even including the rides. The parade is old, the fireworks shows are old, Fantasmic is in desperate need of some fixing...these shows are all enjoyable, but again, they haven't changed in many many years time. A sign of pure laziness and cheapness on the park of TDO. That saying, there are more than just 20 attractions with broken animatronics on them. The quality of services/services offered has even decreased as they attempt more and more cost cutting measures. For example, they used to be willing to bring packages to your room but no more. A small thing, but small things add up. Another example would be the removal of the paint brushes on TSI...again a small thing but something that added to the magic for many people.

They are spending 500 million on Avatar. But you don't want Avatar. It wasn't the "right thing" (in your opinion).
I actually don't mind that Avatar is coming. I think it has potential. That said...they probably aren't going to be spending 500 million on it. That was the original estimate and it's already been stated that it's been scaled back.

They are dropping whatever it costs on building New Fantasyland. But that isn't what you want either. You have decided that you deserve something else.
They aren't dropping whatever it costs to build NFE at all. The original plans called for an $800 million refurbishment/revamp...and then they axed out 400 or 500 or so million dollars. That's not exactly dropping whatever it costs. That's called scaling down...again!

They are spending however many billions on the "NextGen" project but you have decided that you don't want that either. Even though you don't know what "it" is, yet. Oh but you do know, right? Because you are privy?
It has already been well reported what a lot of NextGen entails. And yes, some people here are privy to its developments. They are involved with Disney...so yes, they do know.

A big Downtown Disney redo is upcoming. But you want your Adventurer's Club back because everyone knew your name there (even though they wish they didn't).
I don't care if Adventurer's Club returns but I understand the people who do. But even a big Downtown Disney redo isn't exactly guarenteed... you are being as hypocritical, it's not exactly like you are privy to that info either. Hopefully it is something good. Again no guarentee with the way TDO has acted.

By all means, whine to each other. Pat each other on the back. After all, if you are not satisfied, you are superior! Can you imagine all of these people that are satisfied with their vacation? I am so much better than them because I am not satisfied!
No one has ever said they are superior because they aren't just totally satisfied with their Disney vacations. It is possible to love something and still be critical of it. Many people just want Disney to be the best they know it can be and Disney has not shown their best in recent years.

But then you just admitted you just want to stir up trouble...that makes it even less likely for any person on this board, whether they are fully satisfied with the way Disney is now or not, to take your opinions seriously. No one likes or puts much weight on the opinions of an admitted troll.

wannab@dis

WDW1974 said:
Now, some advice. It's never a good idea to enter someone's living room (in this case a virtual one) and attempt to tell the community how it should conduct itself. I don't care if you've been lurking for 43 years. It's just not a great way to post for the first time and get off on a good foot. And, yes, this is just like politics and religion ... it's just like a microcosm of our country. People are very polarized. And neither 'side' wants to give an inch. I'm willing to listen to any and all opinions that are respectful and don't get personal. But that doesn't mean I'm going to treat them equally because they aren't equal.

Yet WDW fans are, by and large, a lethargic group that sits back and just mindlessly accepts whatever substandard product is tossed their way, along with the requisite price increases.

Yeah, I think my earlier comparison was valid.
Trolling is the delivery of a point in an intentionally aggressive or obnoxious manner with the intent of causing a negative reaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom