Turnstile trauma.

Tramp

crazygirley said:
I've got the finger scanning thing down to a science.

Me too...but it took a while to get the hang of it. The CMs tell you to jam your fingers into the machines but, apparently, that only distorts the bone structure, or so I was told by a very knowledgeable CM at the Town Hall. Simply placing your fingers in with no pressure works every time.

I've found the finger scanning thingy is a huge slow down, even moreso than the those with a simple ticket who can't find the hole. :lookaroun

Figment1986

I saw a few peoople trying to use room keys and not work last saturday... (even better... sicne their is construction going on at MGM entrance.. I saw the line of all lines... when the line next to uit was moving faster. (i was in faster one) due to one line for once style... and the other line was going into 3 of them.. hidden behind the wall..

crazygirley

Tramp said:
Me too...but it took a while to get the hang of it. The CMs tell you to jam your fingers into the machines but, apparently, that only distorts the bone structure, or so I was told by a very knowledgeable CM at the Town Hall. Simply placing your fingers in with no pressure works every time.

I've found the finger scanning thingy is a huge slow down, even moreso than the those with a simple ticket who can't find the hole. :lookaroun
Right... there is an exact pressure that you need to apply.

mattb

jmaxwell007 said:
at first glance at the title of the thread.................... i was reminded of that tramatic day when i was walking through a turnstile and my hands were full (some men have this fear of getting "bonked") so i didnt get to use my hand to push the turnstile , and what do you know.................... a regrouping session had to take place about 20 feet away once things "kicked" in....... :eek: yep! that was my face.

thanks for the memories.... lol
Um...So what exactly happened?

Please explain for this slow Forumer. (What do we call ourselves? We need something a la farker for fark.com).

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Master Yoda said:
Nothing like a "grazing" shot to start your day.

a graze is worse than a shot....................... lol

ok, back to clean talk (the kiddies are about to start asking mom/dad what a graze is....... lol lol)

i hate the woman that has 10 bags of crap that doesnt lift them over her waist region and gets stuck becuase either the bags wont fit or one of the straps get caught on the bar........................ all annoying. open field tackle worthy!!!!!!!

barnum42

winterparkbaby said:
I remember a long time ago as a passholder we had a seperate line to go in to the park.
Ahh the old days of the photo ID annual pass, when we had to go in through the cast member entrance. :D

barnum42

jmaxwell007 said:
(some men have this fear of getting "bonked")
LMAO :lol:

Check out your British English slang dictionary. I don't know of one male over here that has a fear of getting bonked.

:lol:

crazygirley

jmaxwell007 said:
i hate the woman that has 10 bags of crap that doesnt lift them over her waist region and gets stuck becuase either the bags wont fit or one of the straps get caught on the bar........................ all annoying. open field tackle worthy!!!!!!!
!!! That's my mom all the way!!! Not only does she have her suitcase-sized purse, but she also has her camera bag and "park" bag (filled with nibbles). She always manages to get stuck - but only for a second or two... she literally squeezes herself and the bags through no problem. We've never held up a line to date.

joel_maxwell

barnum42 said:
LMAO :lol:

Check out your British English slang dictionary. I don't know of one male over here that has a fear of getting bonked.

:lol:

wow, i left that at home today.................... PM me with the meaning since it is obviously to dirty.............. :lol:

barnum42

jmaxwell007 said:
wow, i left that at home today.................... PM me with the meaning since it is obviously to dirty.............. :lol:
You know that speech that begins "A mummy and a daddy love each other very much. Now, the daddy has a seed".......?

joel_maxwell

ogryn said:
I can't wait to get bonked :lookaroun *sigh*

(it's a loving act between two human beings :wave: )

ROCKIN!!!! everybody bonk!!!! :D (does that word get blanked out in the UK??)

(i was going to make a funny joke about your avatar and the current subject, but i dont want to get a warning from one of the roaming parents on the site, plus i have some manors, lol)

joel_maxwell

barnum42 said:
You know that speech that begins "A mummy and a daddy love each other very much. Now, the daddy has a seed".......?

yeh, once i thought about it.................. i thought it meant something else, but i was close..... (hhuuuhhmmmm, hhummm)

*lifting head from gutter*

StevenT

barnum42 said:
I think though the mindless ticket people are the same ones you find in the supermarket, who when it comes time to pay seem a little surprised and then slowly go into the routine to get their money/card which involves slowly opening every pocket on their bag until they find their wallet/purse/pocketbook (making sure that each pocket is diligently re-closed before moving on to the next).

Having found the wallet/purse/pocketbook the same ceremony is repeated when they carefully go through each of its eighty-three compartments. This I guess gives them thinking time to decide whether they want to pay with cash or card.

The true professional will first consolidate all the paper money that they spread through the various compartments. They will then sort them in numerical value and count them twice. At this point they decide that they will pay with a card.

The search ceremony continues through each of the eighty-three compartments where they round up all the bits of plastic they can find. Now they have to remove all the club cards / store cards and other pointless bits of plastic to get the pile down to legitimate Visa and MasterCard Products.

Now, which card to use, which one is maxed out, which one has the furthest payment date, which one has expired……

So they change their mind and decide to write a cheque… the search starts again to find the cheque book…………AAAAGGGHHHH
;)
Working in a retail position (aka, High School job at a drug store) I know exactly what type of person you speak of. They always seem to show up right when the front register gets really busy. Add a few screaming hyper kids to the mix and it's lethal. These are the same people that bring up the obviously wrong item that is not on sale because they didn't read the coupon carefully, and then get angry at me when I call their foul.

dclfan

I can totlly relate to your turnstiles story. It is so easy at the turnstiles. I travek with a group og 6 usually by the time we get to the turnstiles are cards are all out and ready to go. Normally by the time we are off the monarail or parking lot tram we are ready to enter the park. Anyway i am sooo ecited upon getting to the park whpo wnts to stary and fidget with the turnstiles when their is sooo much more magical things to discover

DDuckFan130

dclfan said:
I can totlly relate to your turnstiles story. It is so easy at the turnstiles. I travek with a group og 6 usually by the time we get to the turnstiles are cards are all out and ready to go. Normally by the time we are off the monarail or parking lot tram we are ready to enter the park. Anyway i am sooo ecited upon getting to the park whpo wnts to stary and fidget with the turnstiles when their is sooo much more magical things to discover
Please proofread that and edit it or something, because I couldn't understand some of it :wave:.

Anyway, we are pros at the turnstiles, but perhaps some guests may not be familiar with the finger scanner. I've seen people waiting and waiting for their tickets to come out, and they don't notice the lights going off on the finger scanner. I don't get mad usually, but you got to just shrug it off and move on.

MouseRight

MY only issue with the turnstiles is the finger reader. My fingers are too big and I can't seem to get it exactly right each time I go. Also, My wife wears rings on each of her fingers and has to take them off beacuse with the rings on, the fingers don't align exactly right. :hammer:

Not For Sale

dclfan said:
Did you mean...

I can totally relate to your turnstile story. It is so easy at the turnstiles. I (usually?) travel with a group of 6. Usually by the time we get to the turnstiles our cards are all out and ready to go. Normally by the time we are off to the monorail or parking lot tram we are ready to enter the park. I am so excited upon approaching the park. Besides, who wants to stare and fidget with the turnstiles when there are so many magical things to discover?

My mom's always the one who can't get the ticket in right. After many Disney trips, I'm the one that inserts the ticket for her. I'm an impatient guy, and we have our tickets out usually when we are about 100 feet away from the entrance. The same thing goes for Fastpasses too. Even if there is no line we check for our tickets to get the Fastpass away from the machine. I get embarassed VERY easily so I don't like to inconvenience anyone so any attention is on me.

200th post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom