TTA Rehab

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
AS reported on this site. The TTA may be getting a rehab soon due to recent technical issues. Is the the TTA's first rehab or not? I don't know what happened in the transition between tommorowlands but it is still something to note.

Now personally, I hope the imagineers plus this ride instead of just repair some of the systems. I would really like to see the addition of a speed tunnel. That would be awsome. I would also maybe like some added track but that is very far-fetched.

Also, when thinking about it. The TTA's technology is 30 years old. I wonder if with the technology of today, could this peoplemover be made even more efficient and useful?

speck76

The ride has been running rough for a few months, and I noticed about a month ago sometimes the cars do not meet in the station, which causes a gap between trains (safety issue)

I think a speed tunnel headed into Space Mt would be cool....I think a lot could be done to spice-up this attraction (although I love it the way it is)

I would not think any track would be added.....that would be quite expensive.

I wonder if this is part of the new sponsorship deal.

Brick Tamland

Yeah the TTA has been running pretty rough for a couple months. Back in March I was on it and it stalled for about 30 minutes. Itwas cool because we were inside Space Mountain at the time. Some new track would be very very cool, I would be a big supporter of this if It was possible.

manny8979@yahoo

Tta

This ride is to me just so we can relax from the summer heat but in a way the ride has been running rough and its time for a chanche maybe a little speed as said before.

Fantasmic!329

The TTA does need some TLC. I never want it to go, but it could use some love.
Question about the transition between the "Tomorrowlands":
Did they physically close down Tomorrowland during the refub or what? Could someone explain it to me, either posting, e-mailing, or PMing?

Bluewaves

Just back from the world and we noticed that the platform and the cars were not moving at the same speed as I found out when I tripped into a car.

Not to much fun if you ask me something needs to be done.

Testtrack321

Fantasmic!329 said:
The TTA does need some TLC. I never want it to go, but it could use some love.
Question about the transition between the "Tomorrowlands":
Did they physically close down Tomorrowland during the refub or what? Could someone explain it to me, either posting, e-mailing, or PMing?

I was young, but lived in Florida, so this is what I remember. Only parts of Tomorrowland were closed down. From what I remember, SM, COP, and Speedway went down first, then they opened up again and the rest of the land went down. Not 100% positive, but I hope someone who was a little older might remember....

speck76

When I was there during the transformation, only RocketTower Plaza and The Avenue of Planets were closed....so yeah, I think it was done in 2 parts

Part 1 (the back)

Part 2 (plaza and ave. of planets)

Tom

Beta Return
TTA could use some minor updates, keeping the bulk of it the same, and still be a nice, relaxing mid-afternoon type of ride. I love it. We ride it several times in a row usually - just for a litle afternoon breather.

The worst part is going into the tunnels, like where the model of EPCOT is, and there not being Air Conditioning. We go in June usually and you lose what little breeze you have outside when you enter the tunnels - warm and muggy. Other than that, sure, a speed tunnel could be neat and maybe some more stuff to look at. Just as long as they don't shorten it. I wish it were a mile long - right now it's just enough time to get comfy and then you're back at unload :cry:

Figment1986

Upgrade some of the Tech... maybe update some of the little thigns you see along the way.... fix the things you have not fixed in ages.... and uncover some windows while covering others.... fixing the way you see the attractions and stores.... while making it more efficient.. there.. thats not much...

MrToad1

I dont mind the refurb as long as it is not this coming week. Please wait until at least next week before closing it. I am leaving for Disney tomorrow morning and I really want to ride this again even if it has some issues.

Expo_Seeker40

I personally think they should have a new narration. Maybe they could use the WEDway peoplemover in somehow. Hey Disney folks if you're readin' this :wave: ....

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, the Tommorland Transit Authority's MetroLine [is that it's name?] welcomes you as passengers aboard the WEDway Peoplemover for a roundtrip grand circle and super skyway tour of Tomorrowland on our blue line. :cool:

imagineer boy

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Aww, I love the narration as it is now. I certainly hope they don't change that.

I agree! I love the chiming sound. It just gives you the "ahh, I'm at Disney, and relaxing on the TTA"

Plus some of the lines in the narration are really funny like "Please keep all forward facing tentacles away from all on comming viecles." I love it! Its one of those great touches that keeps tomorrowland alive.

Dizknee_Phreek

imagineer boy said:
Plus some of the lines in the narration are really funny like "Please keep all forward facing tentacles away from all on comming viecles." I love it! Its one of those great touches that keeps tomorrowland alive.
Ah yes! And of course the line "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow." ...and then something about Saturn and giving his party a "ring"...great stuff!

One of my favorites is the "Now approaching Tomorrowland's Interplanetary Convention Center" line. If you sit right outside of Auntie Gravity's, you memorize that line pretty quickly! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interestingly, the WEDWay can run at 100% efficency with only 40% of its magnets working. Something must be wrong with it!

KaliSplash

Rode it twice this week and didn't notice any movement problems.

I love the narration as is.

I do hate being home after a week in the magic!!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
didn't the original peoplemover run on sideways tires?? I really couldn't see an improvement in the technology unless they get some new magnets.. if you put in tube tracks and made a new vehicle you could make into a LIM peoplemover. I guess that would be sorta like the rocket rods though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom