TTA Rehab

Hurricane

speck76 said:
why? :veryconfu

Because it reminds us of Walt. It reminds us when things were done WED's way.

Also, WED Enterprises owned the transportation at Disneyland so that Walt could take out the trains when he wanted (because he personally owned them, rather than Disneyland Inc.). Naming it WEDway pays homage to Walt and his love of rail transportation

And on a more practical note the narration was less anoying and more informative than the current narration.

prisoner

warlord said:
didn't the original peoplemover run on sideways tires??

Yes, until it closed in 1995, the PeopleMover (sponsored by Goodyear) in California was propelled by tires. Heres a picture and write-up.

The Florida version always ran on magnets. (A fact now omitted in the current narration.)

surfsupdon

Fantasmic!329 said:
The TTA does need some TLC. I never want it to go, but it could use some love.
Question about the transition between the "Tomorrowlands":
Did they physically close down Tomorrowland during the refub or what? Could someone explain it to me, either posting, e-mailing, or PMing?

I was young too, but I remember just walls of white wood lining eveyrthing. It was very mouse in a maze esque, haha. And the white walls were really tall too, not your standard refurb wall.

Expo_Seeker40

Oh I like the current narration to. I don't know who the narrator is though, but if they could bring him back and the famous jingle/tone with a better revised script of course with tom morrow, mr. johnson, etv would be nice.

Testtrack321

I LOVE the current narration, well, back when it was COMPLETE with Timekeeper and CoP...

NOW APPROACHING WALT DISNEY'S CAROSEL OF PROGRESS.

testtracker

Why did they change the name to TTA? I loved the name WED Way. And does anyone know where that concept art is of Tommorowland like 2050 or somthing? It had spaceships, lasers, it was pretty cool

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The WEDWay was renamed to keep in theme with the future that never was - since New Tomorrowland was meant to be a city, a city has transit systems and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Metro Blueline was born. Just don`t ask why a city`s transit line has only one station!

There is some concept art of New Tomorrowland, but it looks pretty much how it turned out. Disneyland`s original Tomorrowland 2055 concepts were butchered by the Pressler and Harris accountanteers.

peter11435

Testtrack321 said:
I LOVE the current narration, well, back when it was COMPLETE with Timekeeper and CoP...

NOW APPROACHING WALT DISNEY'S CAROSEL OF PROGRESS.
The CoP is still there when the attraction is operating.

DiPSU224

While I was there last month, the TTA broke down right before we entered Space Mountain. It was a little bit scary because the cars in front of us just stopped suddenly and we kept moving full speed towards them. All the cars kept slamming together. I always keep my eyes closed while I'm relaxing on the ride, but I opened my eyes up just in time to see us slam into the car in front of us. We sat there for about 30 minutes before the CMs came and let us out. We had to walk along the side track and climb down steps along the side of Space Moutain.

maxime29

Premium Member
I'm hoping they don't change much in the audio. You do remember that one ride that TTA passes by first right? Something called Stitch....He already invaded the monorail.

DisneySaint

I am all for a refurbishment but this, along with all the other "classics", is one of those rides I would be furious if it would ever be changed. I LOVE the Peoplemover (sorry it will never bre the TTA to me) and it is hands down one of my top 5 favorites.

ImagineAtl23

Rehab

It used to be the WED way people mover named for one of walt's fake company names, by the way WED=Walter Elias Disney.
but as far as i know it is the 1st rehab

peter11435

malcolm347 said:
It used to be the WED way people mover named for one of walt's fake company names, by the way WED=Walter Elias Disney.
but as far as i know it is the 1st rehab
WED enterprises was not one of Walts "fake company names." WED enterprises was the original name for Walt Disney Imagineering.

bgraham34

I love TTA. I always just relax on it after a long few hours of running around. It nice to inside the rides from a different perspective. And there was never a line when i was on it.

TiggersPooh

UltimtMickeyFan said:
I would just be thrilled if they would just make TTA ADA accessible....As its one of the only attractions in the park that is not.
thats prob one of the reasons it hasnt been shut down for a rehab (no offense) If it shuts down even for a minor rehab it prob cant reopen till it can be fully accessible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom